• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ It's Rice-Eater.

Yams wanted to do a serious tournament. I wanted to do non serious tournament, but still with a prize on the line. So far only Beef and RockTurtle have joined, if more people don't join then I'm going to have to cancel it. If people are only willing to join if it was a serious tournament then I'll change my mind, but I'd still force it to be Edition Select. If people don't like that idea then the tournament is canceled. Sorry to Beef and RockTurtle if that's the case.

mbpm1

Wasn't Necalli supposed to be Ehonda's replacement

Yams wanted to do a serious tournament. I wanted to do non serious tournament, but still with a prize on the line. So far only Beef and mpbm have joined, if more people don't join then I'm going to have to cancel it. If people are only willing to join if it was a serious tournament then I'll change my mind, but I'd still force it to be Edition Select. If people don't like that idea then the tournament is canceled. Sorry to Beef and mbpm if that's the case.

I mean, I already have a season pass I realized, so that's also a disincentive at this point.

I mean, I already have a season pass I realized, so that's also a disincentive at this point.

Dang, you caught my edit. Meant to put Rock but I remember you and Beef were the first two to join. Anyways I would still hope you want to join. If you want the gift to go to a friend then I would gift it to that person or just pass it down to whoever was 2nd place.

The problem lies in the heart of battl....in the fact that the syllables that we show starting with "r" in english aren't R at all. You can hear a really good example of りゅ (which is the same as the リユ that forms the first element of Ryu's name, リュウ) at Tae Kim's site (scroll down to Y-vowel sounds and click りゅ)

Accurate ryu/ryo pronunciation is hard and I wouldn't expect anyone not learning Japanese to actually do that. reeyou is fine. RAIyou is horrible.

There's also the fact that English isn't phonetic. You more or less just make up your own pronunciation for words which is why there's so many English pronunciations for Ryu's name.

Looking at a phonetic language like Japanese then going back to English results in you looking at it a bit differently, since I imagine most people who learned English as a first language don't really look into the relationship between how things are spelled and pronounced, but just accept it as is.

ouqgHdJ.gif

Saw in this in the SFV roster thread. Made me LOL hard.

Nightii

Banned
Easier and closer to think of it has "yo" with a slight r sound at the start. Say it like that and keep it one syllable

That's certainly a better explanation, I guess I just suck at typing out pronunciations.

I could have just said that over here it is commonly pronounced the same way Rio is.

I said I would do both but I took that back since I didn't want to blow money on a Season Pass twice since I have to spend a bunch of money on other stuff soon. Sorry if any of you guys were looking forward to that. Join PC if possible though. Beef needs his season pass.

Tripon

I said I would do both but I took that back since I didn't want to blow money on a Season Pass twice since I have to spend a bunch of money on other stuff soon. Sorry if any of you guys were looking forward to that. Join PC if possible though. Beef needs his season pass.
How is beef better than K Sabot?

How is beef better than K Sabot?

That's not what I meant. Besides, it's not a tournament of skill, it's random with Edition Select. I only said Beef because he was the first one to join and comment. For a while there only him and Rock seemed really up for it(Rock came later though).

Tripon

He could beat me

I haven't played SF4 in like 7 months and I only played like 5 characters at most in that game.

If I get Fuerte, I lose.

That's not what I meant. Besides, it's not a tournament of skill, it's random with Edition Select. I only said Beef because he was the first one to join and comment. For a while there only him and Rock seemed really up for it(Rock came later though).
Lol, I was being flippant. Thanks for the serious answers though. Certainly have more thought than I did for my post.

K.Sabot

what about at worst? Will u,qcf+k do it or do you need a more complex input?

At worst it can be like -2 if the last kick of your air kicks whiffs. You can do U, qcf+K as fast as possible, but doing it with upfoward gives you a better chance of hitting with all the kicks on the way down. There are situations where I'll do neutral jump into it such as after I cross under somebody, just so I don't accidentally go over their head with it.

Tripon

The fall of SFIV has been a weird thing for me personally. I came back briefly for Super then moved to KoFXIII and SCV. The DL practices of SFxT broke me and stopped playing Fighters completely until Smash 4 and Ultra brought me back.

That said, before that, while the release of a new Street Fighter always is exciting, its not like I quit the previous version cols turkey. I still play Alpha 2/3 to this day for instance and I still acrub it out in 3S from time to time. I don't think I will go back to IV ever though. I realize that game is not for me.

At worst it can be like -2 if the last kick of your air kicks whiffs. You can do U, qcf+K as fast as possible, but doing it with upfoward gives you a better chance of hitting with all the kicks on the way down. There are situations where I'll do neutral jump into it such as after I cross under somebody, just so I don't accidentally go over their head with it.

cool, thanks. Can't wait to try it. Hopefully I can start doing it instantly since it's the same input as Kitana's instant air fan.

Do you think her bnb is difficult? I suck at links.

Mizerman

The fall of SFIV has been a weird thing for me personally. I came back briefly for Super then moved to KoFXIII and SCV. The DL practices of SFxT broke me and stopped playing Fighters completely until Smash 4 and Ultra brought me back.

That said, before that, while the release of a new Street Fighter always is exciting, its not like I quit the previous version cols turkey. I still play Alpha 2/3 to this day for instance and I still acrub it out in 3S from time to time. I don't think I will go back to IV ever though. I realize that game is not for me.

Same.

cool, thanks. Can't wait to try it. Hopefully I can start doing it instantly since it's the same input as Kitana's instant air fan.

Do you think her bnb is difficult? I suck at links.

I can't speak for Chun specifically, but links are drastically easier to do in SFV. That was probably something you already knew, but the point stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom