• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariniel

I have a (probably stupid) question: how does quick rise work in SFV? How about the tiny back roll?

In SF4 I could just mash down on the stick and get up quick. I was doing this in SFV beta also and it felt like I wasn't getting the quick rise. I know that I can't on hard knockdowns, but those only come from sweeps and critical arts, right?

Also, I don't know if I've ever been as hype for a game before as I am for SFV. All I can do is read every thread about it and wish the remaining time would go by quicker.

It's cool in theory, but they could stand to at least make the game footage match up to what's being said.

Agreed.

"Ken's EX Hurricane Kick now acts as a divekick. If your opponent throws a fireball, you can jump and use EX Hurricane Kick to hit them before they recover"

*video proceeds to not show that in action*

I have no idea who their target audience was for it. Probably like 5 people on the planet that know enough lingo to understand what they were saying but also looking for a video that basic that just showed random footage.

at least have combofiend narrate it ffs

Ah, I guess we'll find out in less than two weeks. I only heard it mentioned on Ultrachen. I didn't play the beta much so I don't know personally.
It's what the frame data posted said, too, so Ultrachen's claim wasn't grounded. Maybe the data changed for Beta 4, though. Who knows...

WHY DO YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT SPECIALS BEING PLUS ON BLOCK!?
Because I played Blanka in SFIV. You know what I'm saying? :-/

Really though, my style of play revolves around safe decisions and slowly whittling/chipping people out. I don't like playstyles that revolve around rushdown and mixups very much. So, it's pertinent to me that Spiral Arrow could be used as a king of long range chip poke at times, even if sparingly.

If the character's specials are really negative on block, then I can't really play my style of play with that character, can I?

Really though, my style of play revolves around safe decisions and slowly whittling/chipping people out. I don't like playstyles that revolve around rushdown and mixups very much. So, it's pertinent to me that Spiral Arrow could be used as a king of long range chip poke at times, even if sparingly.

If the character's specials are really negative on block, then I can't really play my style of play with that character, can I?

What about using Ryu?

Tornix

I have a (probably stupid) question: how does quick rise work in SFV? How about the tiny back roll?

In SF4 I could just mash down on the stick and get up quick. I was doing this in SFV beta also and it felt like I wasn't getting the quick rise. I know that I can't on hard knockdowns, but those only come from sweeps and critical arts, right?

Also, I don't know if I've ever been as hype for a game before as I am for SFV. All I can do is read every thread about it and wish the remaining time would go by quicker.

The input is different in SFV. Quick rise by pressing punches, back roll by pressing kicks. Both can be done from any knockdown but hard.

shaowebb

See thats what I'm not getting. You play around whittling and chipping people to death and you're playing someone with no zoning. Cammy is about crossups, pressure, frametraps...ya know just general rushdown and knockdown stuff. She's not the character for what you do.

I'm gonna say Fang is your guy or someone like maybe Bison if you just wanna screw with folks on an in and out basis.Hell even Ryu or Dhalsim makes more sense for your comfort zone than Cammy.

vulva

It's what the frame data posted said, too, so Ultrachen's claim wasn't grounded. Maybe the data changed for Beta 4, though. Who knows...

Then just play ryu and develop a strong zoning game.

The back roll is back as soon as you hit the ground. The normal tech is two punches or kicks as soon as you hit the ground.

Marz

Hi. If you want safe on block specials and whittling down your opponents healthbar, it sounds like you should look into Ultra Street Fighter 4 for the playstation and xbox entertainment systems.

In 5 you have to time it. When your character impacts the ground is when you press the appropriate buttons to quick rise.

Hi. If you want safe on block specials and whittling down your opponents healthbar, it sounds like you should look into Ultra Street Fighter 4 for the playstation and xbox entertainment systems.

hahahaha

Dahbomb

This argument was already covered, he doesn't like all the anti fireball stuff in SF4. Otherwise he would probably be playing Guile or Sagat.

Also why not play Dhalsim in SFV? Now that we get some chip from normals, all of his limbs whittle down the opponent. And they can't focus your limbs anymore.

And Spiral Arrow as a long ranged chip option is awful. It's why no one uses it for that function because it wasn't designed to do that.

Warxard

Banned
That has nothing to do with Twitch and I've already seen that. You said "Looks like Xavier Woods is already scouting the superior promotion known as Twitch."

Which has nothing to do with Excellent Adventures.

He's appeared on multiple twitch streams, dude even commentates Smash Bros

First thing my art lead pointed out. It was birdies chain/necklace clipping.

It's kind of super obvious though. It's front and center on the character and it just bobbing up and down.

But its SFV, everything is clipping through everything.

Please observe how Zangief has put his fingers through Bison's head. Or really how the rest of Gief's body clips into it self.

zangief-sfv-6.jpg

It's why you don't really want to pay attention to this.

When Laura's hair clips through her body on the select screen it looks like she has a ton of arm pit hair.

Yea, I really have no idea why they haven't fixed at least the character selection screen clippings. I'd rather they just use character arts instead of the way it is now tbh

Clawww

i recommend going back in time and picking fei long in Super

What about using Ryu?
I don't like traditional fireball zoning. I like non-traditional zoning.

Dude, Capcom needs to let me play him... :-/

or Vega, if you want a playstyle of long(ish) pokes whittling people away. (obvs not if you're looking to poke with specials)
I can't stand stance characters. Messes with my simple head.

See thats what I'm not getting. You play around whittling and chipping people to death and you're playing someone with no zoning. Cammy is about crossups, pressure, frametraps...ya know just general rushdown and knockdown stuff. She's not the character for what you do.

I'm gonna say Fang is your guy or someone like maybe Bison if you just wanna screw with folks on an in and out basis.Hell even Ryu or Dhalsim makes more sense for your comfort zone than Cammy.

I don't like to play common characters or good guys. Also, I really don't like playing a typical fireball zoner very much.

Ew.

Play FANG. Still though, "safe decisions" are what you make of them.
Yeah, there's no 100% safe play, but there are riskier characters than others.

It's kind of super obvious though. It's front and center on the character and it just bobbing up and down.

But its SFV, everything is clipping through everything.

Please observe how Zangief has put his fingers through Bison's head. Or really how the rest of Gief's body clips into it self.

It's why you don't really want to pay attention to this.

It's also much easier to not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom