• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

I'm still waiting for my press copy and talked with two friends about various things related to the game (that's the part I can't talk about with you). One person who has the game and that I trust most of the time talked publicly about the rematch thing... And another one came later to tell me the opposite in private. Maybe that's related to the day one patch that was published today for the press to use.

Fair enough :).

vulva

Please stop giving him a soapbox. :(

I hope kane and triforce go out for dinner later so we can see who foots the bill

shamelessly lifted from some twitter account that I can't remember, but I'm definitely not taking credit for that line.

then maybe it should have improved over the course of the betas? or even become remotely playable at one point?

see, i can ask smarmy questions too.

Well, I'll give Capcom the benefit of a doubt and say that they learned something from the Betas and at least tried in the main game to fix the problems that people are having.

I hope they don't prove me wrong.

notworksafe

you figure they would have learned something from their previous games and put in match spectating or button config at character select too but i guess not. glad to see all the dlc and other money making plans are full go though, priorities are in order.

regretting my preorder on this one for sure

Beckx

I hope kane and triforce go out for dinner later so we can see who foots the bill

shamelessly lifted from some twitter account that I can't remember, but I'm definitely not taking credit for that line.

that's pretty good, lol

notworksafe

i almost amended my post with "dahbomb was right" but i couldn't will my fingers to type the words.

eventually capcom will finish the game and it'll be waiting in my steam library for me then

soakrates

People's experience with the SFV beta netcode seems to vary wildly. It worked pretty well for me but I see quite a few saying it was kind of a disaster for them.

Quesa

I think I had one match filled with crazy rollback, out of a couple dozen or so (spent most of the time in the lab). Curious to see how launch netcode will fare.

I hope they learned to atleast get the necessary amount of server capacity so they don't repeat beta 1

but it's Capcom so anything is possible

Nightii

Banned
I'm still positive about the game but I didn't preorder shit, it should be obvious at this point you just don't do preorders lol.

Regarding SFV,

so with character releases wrapping up in August, what are the odds the GOTY version with all DLC drops before February '17?

I hope they learned to atleast get the necessary amount of server capacity so they don't repeat beta 1

but it's Capcom so anything is possible

Well, Beta 3 and 4 had a LOT more people and they coped so I don't think server capacity's gonna be an issue.

But as you said, it's Capcom so anything is possible.

Regarding SFV,

so with character releases wrapping up in August, what are the odds the GOTY version with all DLC drops before February '17?

They're still gonna keep releasing DLC characters next year and onwards though, so at best, you saved yourself 30$ by not having to buy the 2016 DLC characters.

vulva

I just "pre order" a day before and then get it next day.

By that time you usually have enough info to make a decision.

I still maintain, canadians gotta pre-order unless they're idiots. 30% off being offered like once (sometimes twice) a year with price protection if it drops in price at all is too good not to do. Especially since you can cancel whenever at no cost and it doesn't charge til shipping.

Beckx

I still maintain, canadians gotta pre-order unless they're idiots. 30% off being offered like once (sometimes twice) a year with price protection if it drops in price at all is too good not to do. Especially since you can cancel whenever at no cost and it doesn't charge til shipping.

if you're buying console games in the US now with the Amazon and Best Buy discounts, IMO you either pre-order or you're making the decision not to play it for a while after release (til it gets discounts). I do the later a lot but for the stuff I really want I now go with the physical amazon order for the discount. FE:Fates CE w/ 20% discount, yep.

that'll teach me for getting interested in their worthless, unplayable beta

you dahbomb'd yourself

you got a problem with "ILL BE YOUR SURVIVOR. I'LL BE YOUR SURVIVOR?"

ya'll hate good cheesy fun, it's sad, I'm sad for you.

vulva

if you're buying console games in the US now with the Amazon and Best Buy discounts, IMO you either pre-order or you're making the decision not to play it for a while after release (til it gets discounts). I do the later a lot but for the stuff I really want I now go with the physical amazon order for the discount. FE:Fates CE w/ 20% discount, yep.

you dahbomb'd yourself

some people on gaf ordered xenoblade x during e3 for 30% off, there was a temporary price error after which brought it down to 20$ before the discount so some people got the game for like 14 bucks plus tax on launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom