• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

Sigh need to know if we'll be able to trade pre-order costume codes at launch or they just automatically apply.

I know amazon would send me a code, but I need that chun costume...

Line_HTX

Hmm, Raging Demon is blockable??

Oh, fucking come on... Lili's oki got nerfed. Looks like she can't do BT d+3 on grounded opponents guaranteed.

Just got my first stick!

I didn't want to break the bank since this is my first one and the recommendation from the stick thread was to try to find a used one that was of decent quality. I think this succeeded!

Found a guy on CL selling the SFXT Fightstick Pro for 360 and got it for $40.

Looks practically new. No dents, dings, scratches, etc. No wear on buttons. Joystick is crisp and smooth. Everything registers in Windows 10 perfectly fine.

stick1.jpg

stick2.jpg

I feel like I got a pretty good deal for a first stick to see if this is a hobby I want to stick with before dropping big bucks on a new high end one.

Look forward to being part of the FGC and learning the best I can. (I'm a 29 year old father who according to today's article shouldn't be interested in competition ha.)

Rainy

Banned
Just watching Max's stream...nitpicky I guess but there sure is a lot of clipping in the models still.

Hmm can't wait till I get the game though.

K.Sabot

Don't think SFV can get anything more than a 8/10 with the feature set it's coming with.

I say the metacritic is a mid 70s, perhaps some people will update reviews later but that's not a popular enough concept to truly bump a score.

K.Sabot

I know the game I'm buying is a strong 9/10 because I don't value anything but the stuff that's in the game, but this really should have had a free to play release...

also TFW maximillian's stream has higher skill play than jebailys (?) They actually look like they're playing SFV lol.

Dahbomb

It's a damn shame because I personally really enjoy the flow and feel of SFV. I enjoy playing it quite a bit.

But reviewers definitely need to pop off against the product because it's unacceptable in today's market. This wouldn't be an issue if this was like a F2P product or even $20 like Killer Instinct.. but at $60 you need to put out more stuff on release than that. If reviewers can dock points off of Star Wars Battlefront (and I can tell you many of them have very strong feelings for Star Wars plus bias) then they can definitely got to town on SFV.

K.Sabot

It's a damn shame because I personally really enjoy the flow and feel of SFV. I enjoy playing it quite a bit.

But reviewers definitely need to pop off against the product because it's unacceptable in today's market. This wouldn't be an issue if this was like a F2P product or even $20 like Killer Instinct.. but at $60 you need to put out more stuff on release than that. If reviewers can dock points off of Star Wars Battlefront (and I can tell you many of them have very strong feelings for Star Wars plus bias) then they can definitely got to town on SFV.

I don't think it's entirely fair to compare it to SWBF though.

Like, Battlefront's problem was that it lacked multiplayer content for a $60 game. It lacked maps, weapons, vehicles, but it did have a bunch of modes that recontextualized the severely anemic amount of content. I don't think Battlefront should have been knocked for lacking a campaign, and I hate that game with a deep passion.

SFV has a full roster, a good stage count, but it's missing the extra modes that recontextualize the content for people that aren't just into the vanilla gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom