• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Listening to Dave Sirlin's podcast is fucking hilarious. Him complaining about Smash's controls makes me laugh so much.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm not good at rhythm games. Akuma beat my ass something good

IB7MbBH.jpg

iyP0nlx.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
He's got the power of nothingness alright, cos he's got nothing interesting.

At least in Ultra he had damage and good fireballs and decently linking normals.

My Roo is good across all games.

PlatanoGaming? Now I know this dude is dominican lol. We got like three dominicans in here right? Me, Solar Powered and Turtle right? Well Solar doesn't post as often anymore ;_;

JAPANNNNNNN SUMOOOOOO CUPPPPPPUUUUUUUUU

mbpm1

PlatanoGaming? Now I know this dude is dominican lol. We got like three dominicans in here right? Me, Solar Powered and Turtle right? Well Solar doesn't post as often anymore ;_;

Lol I played a guy named PlatanoGaming a few times just today, what a coincidence.

I don't remember anything about him tho

My middle school classmates literally chose "Los platanos" for our team name in gym class. Charles Dickens' most famous quote was literally made for me. He just didn't know it.
My Roo is good across all games.

I'll post more when I'm playing whatever FGW is playing. That will take about a year. It could happen sooner, but we'll probably get Skullgirls 2 before ASW utilizes cross-play in GG or BB.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Can you switch to Dictator vs. Ryu.
Put Ryu into reversal parry after guard, use st.HK to gain advantage on block and try every single button if you can hit the startup of the parry. In Beta 2 Ryu would get CH after st.HK into cr.mp.

Oh sorry dude I didn't see your comment.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
My middle school classmates literally chose "Los platanos" for our team name in gym class. Charles Dickens' most famous quote was literally made for me. He just didn't know it.

I'll post more when I'm playing whatever FGW is playing. That will take about a year. It could happen sooner, but we'll probably get Skullgirls 2 before ASW utilizes cross-play in GG or BB.

Speak of the devil, all three dominicans are on one page. This has to have some meaning. DIMELO HERMANITO! QUE SE JODE ESE MALDETA TORTUGA!!!! No desea jugar conmigo ;_;

Speak of the devil, all three dominicans are on one page. This has to have some meaning. DIMELO HERMANITO! QUE SE JODE ESE MALDETA TORTUGA!!!! No desea jugar conmigo ;_;
I'm playing Skullgirls PC because I can't afford to fall behind the current meta more than I have already. Gonna try some VSav and 3S afterwards.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm playing Skullgirls PC because I can't afford to fall behind the current meta more than I have already. Gonna try some VSav and 3S afterwards.

I gotta pick up 3S.

whoa what? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

I gotta look more in to this. Good bye League, I'll miss you KoF.

timduncanokthatsenuf.png

Well, good thing that's never coming here!

Right guys?

America tried implementing something to the degree of implanting a chip in your wrist that stores all your data so you can easily use it, granted it monitors your movements 24/7 via GPS.

In reality though, what the video mentions won't mean jack if a solution is cleverly thought about. As long as China can't read their minds and monitor citizens every single action, people can be two-faced about this and still give the middle finger to China while "praising" it. History will yet again repeat itself with mutiny and revolutions, granted, I'm really scared about the positive reinforcement part... No frustrations = No complaints

WarRock

According to this video Swery65 was a former employee at SNK and worked on games like The Last Blade series and Savage Reign.

Not sure how someone with a film degree ends up making fighting games, but very cool nevertheless.
Wowa, that is pretty cool.

it'd be so great if someone set up a naomi emulator with ggpo netplay/lobbies. im sure lots of people would wanna play ggxxac,mvc2 and cvs2 on a good connection.
Please )=

kirblar

Can't fight with no money. His burn rate would have bankrupt him already unless he has some super secret stash of money that is separate from the kickstarter money he raised.
It's sad/hilarious that people were getting mad at r/Kappa for spitting truth for so long.

Tizoc

So bored, I decided to do a little 'research' and came to find that of all the FG villains Geese seems to have the MOST renditions of their theme ever-

2ZVA2E0.jpg

Seriously, how much stuff is this guy given in every game he's in?

Give Geese a Kiss from FF1
Give Geese a Kiss Arrange

Soy Sauce for Geese from FF2 Special
Soy Sauce for Geese Arrange
This is his Real Bout series theme as well.

'Geese ja!' Round 1 theme for Geese from FF3
Geese ja! Arrange
Dat Arrange ver. is pretty good
Geese ja! 2nd Arrange
Give Geese a Kiss (Once more?) Round 2 theme from FF3
Geese's FF3 theme Arranged
Geese's FF3 theme 2nd Arranged ver.

The Battle from Wild Ambition
OK now THAT is an awesome track once you hear it in full wow. I need to listen to the WA OST more often :p Anyone know if there's an AST ver. of the track? Unless I linked to the AST already >_>
Soy Sauce for Geese- End of the First Nightmare from FF WA
Can't tell if this is AST or OST :X A rather odd theme this one as it's far slower than his usual themes are

Give Geese a Kiss Cyber Edit from Art of Fighting 2
OK of all of SNK's music on the earlier NG hardware this def. takes the cake IMO, how'd they pull THIS off?!
Young Geese's theme Arrange

Stiff Shoulder for Geese from KoF 96
Stiff Shoulder for Geese Arrange

Speed Hucker from KoF Neowave

Kiss Geese Once More from KoF MI2
I rather like his rendition of his theme the most :X

Vigor Force from CvSNK 1

Mustard for Geese from KoF 02 UM

Am I cheating by bringing up the Arrange version of his theme? Either way that's a lot of renditions, and to think they all stemmed from from some blonde dude in a hakama throwing ground waves at you only to be punched off a tall building.
That's 10 themes this guy has excluding his Arrange tracks, does any other FG character have that many?

Bonus:
Kong Kuwata, Geese's Voice actor recorded a song for a Neo Geo music album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CcBuxoVuk4

Ego For Geese from FF 15th Ann. soundtrack

This isn't taking into account how Terry has like....20 themes @_@

when are we going to advance in arcade stick technology enough that it saves people's profiles based on the game and automatically applies their button configurations

oye yams traeme un queso de hoja para comermelo con esta platano y salami frito

Tripon

when are we going to advance in arcade stick technology enough that it saves people's profiles based on the game and automatically applies their button configurations

oye yams traeme un queso de hoja para comermelo con esta platano y salami frito

When consoles and sticks makers put in NEC chips to talk to each other. So far, Nintendo is the only company have decided to include NEC technology into their console. A lot of phone companies have decided to put it in their smartphones, just gotta get MS and Sony on board.

When consoles and sticks makers put in NEC chips to talk to each other. So far, Nintendo is the only company have decided to include NEC technology into their console. A lot of phone companies have decided to put it in their smartphones, just gotta get MS and Sony on board.

so amiboos are the wave of the future??!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom