• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got the power of nothingness alright, cos he's got nothing interesting.

9cvuZHL.gif

BadWolf

Was the suggestion for special cancels on hit or completely empty? The former would probably be fine -- Melty Blood does that with its parries in Full moon and there's nothing broken about it there (but that game also gets rather nutty compared to SF). I could see some silly OSs if you could do specials on whiffed parries -- it would come down to how the game handled input during the parry startup and hit freeze (if any).

Meant on successful parry only.

Topanga announced that they will be part of Toukaigi again this year. They're doing exhibition concept matches this year with more details announced at a later date.

As I said earlier, Kazunoko and Misse were on Capcom TV. They played 3 matches of SFV. Chiba Shigeru the god voicing Fang in Japanese.
https://youtu.be/sEj-EWzk2VQ?t=1h38m15s

Sorry to hear that Dahbomb.

As for Ryu, I didn't know cr.MK-Fireball is not safe or the pushback would prevent punishing it. I thought he would get some fun juggle combos at least.

Sounds weird but I am glad there are hard knockdowns in the game but I hope its for CC (or CH) sweeps not regular combo enders.

Cammy still looks like the best option for me at least when learning the upclose spacing and straight forward punishes.

I'd agree that Ryu is a boring mess in latest beta. Ken is too because they keep making his run worse, lol. Now you can only combo with it on crush counter or with v trigger....

And USF4 Ryu is more fun at this point..

What if it's Urien and he's non-playable until the DLC option to buy goes live?

That's what I was thinking, though my thought is a little different:

Over/under on if any of the first six DLC characters appear in SFV's story mode, and will you fight any of them? I say Balrog, Guile and Alex have the best chance of appearing, but I don't think you'll fight any of them.

You didn't try guard breaking the player on wakeup with a charged up denjin fireball? Seems like the hard knockdown from sweep crush counter benefits Ryu the most.

Out of like 15 attempts at CH cr.HK xx V-Trigger -> Unblockable fireball.. I didn't hit it once. I actually got command thrown by Vega for trying and from a pretty far range too :/.

I got ex command thrown and uppercutted for trying :/, I didn't really have the timing down pat but I did go for it tons of times.

Shouldn't have put unblockable fireball, but you get the point

Its weird how SF5 first felt like ST damage at the beginning but turning into something else. There is something about having a fireball game which this game may lack.

EDIT: Where is that frame data FACE or Count?

Its weird how SF5 first felt like ST damage at the beginning but turning into something else. There is something about having a fireball game which this game may lack.

EDIT: Where is that frame data FACE or Count?
We both weren't sure if the frame data was accurate, but thankfully there's a record feature.

I don't have the link

Timing for it seems difficult.

Yea but seems like a viable way to use Denjin mode. Maybe if light denjin hadoken went slower it'd be better for setups.

BadWolf

They might be balancing Ryu's parry with the V-gauge in mind, rather than converting into big damage like we have become accustomed to with the mechanic in other games.

A Ryu that parries a lot will probably be quite the pain to deal with since he will have access to a lot of V-Reversals and V-Trigger activations.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Want to tell me the status of Psycho Inferno in this build?
+ or - on block?
qcb or charge?
Big or small flame?
Hard or soft knockdown?

You can really tell they don't know what they're doing with this move.

I've only got Ryu vs Vega. If I leave or switch characters, it'll probably shut off for good. At least, I assume that's what will happen. The command list says that Psycho Inferno is qcb + P

Nudull

Banned
I talked to another friend about this and he was like "man that's nothing, I was taking a leak in the bathroom of an AMC and some dudes walked in then walked out saying basically the same thing".

I kinda laughed at that no lie.

The racism has gotten a bit high lately, it almost seems higher than it was post 9/11 and I was in high school back then (so I was around a lot of dumb kids so it was to be expected).

Hey man, I'm sorry you're going through this. Keep your spirit up.

ShinMaruku

Trump and recent events has made is possible for a ugly segment of our population to air their dirty thoughts. It's always been that 30% of the country is batshit insane.

Luckly fighting games being diverse will always make those who engage be of a certain level of decency.
Some of them need to learn tacts and how to deal with other people but another discussion

kirblar

Trump and recent events has made is possible for a ugly segment of our population to air their dirty thoughts. It's always been that 30% of the country is batshit insane.

Luckly fighting games being diverse will always make those who engage be of a certain level of decency.
Some of them need to learn tacts and how to deal with other people but another discussion
Fighting games are diverse because they're (relatively) cheap. It's why you see it in the FGC but not TCGs/E-Sports/Poker.

Shackzam

Want to tell me the status of Psycho Inferno in this build?
+ or - on block?
qcb or charge?
Big or small flame?
Hard or soft knockdown?

You can really tell they don't know what they're doing with this move.
I was experimenting with it a little bit, but not in v-trigger it was a small flame and was - on block. In v-trigger is was a big flame, but not sure on the block frame data. The thing I found interesting about it was that it was anti air kind of consistently, like he was ducking under the air normal before the flame came out. This is all just limited experimenting by the way.
EDIT:soft knockdown as well because hard knockdown would just be too much

petghost

Banned
i'd like to see a damage comparison at some point between the latest sfv builds and the earlier ones. maybe im wrong but i feel like damage is a lot lower. anti air dp is like a scratch.

CO_Andy

According to this video Swery65 was a former employee at SNK and worked on games like The Last Blade series and Savage Reign.

Not sure how someone with a film degree ends up making fighting games, but very cool nevertheless.

Dahbomb

It's a big reason why those events get better sponsors/bigger events- the target audience has more disposable income.
People of all walks of life play MOBAs. You don't need an insane PC to run those games, getting a PC for the price you put into console + games can allow you to play F2P games on PC cost effectively. These games are played globally in all sorts of countries.

MOBAS get bigger sponsors because they got more views and players on top of being on PC which means more stuff they can market to the viewers/players. Hearthstone doesn't get more sponsors because it's something only rich white people play (it's a free game for a phone which so many people have compared to consoles), it gets sponsors because it consistentry get high number of views.

I was experimenting with it a little bit, but not in v-trigger it was a small flame and was - on block. In v-trigger is was a big flame, but not sure on the block frame data. The thing I found interesting about it was that it was anti air kind of consistently, like he was ducking under the air normal before the flame came out. This is all just limited experimenting by the way.
EDIT:soft knockdown as well because hard knockdown would just be too much
Was it - enough to be punishable? I'm even cool with it being -, just so long as it isn't punishable on block.

shaowebb

If you bought the SNK 25th anniversary humble bundle check your links. 4 new games including Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and KOF 02 which should run on fightcade for GGPO.

Also for shmup fanatics like me Blazing Star and IronClad which are phenomenal! I got and played Blazing Star heavily on mobile, but Ironclad is another new release and it is fucking fantastic with its robot drone option.

Fuck Yeah SNK humble bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom