• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sim looks like he has new/different blind spots. Gonna take some getting used to his air dash.

I honestly want Combofiend vs Mike to show how he does against someone like Cammy or Karin that can get in easily. Watching Sim vs Rashid, Rashid can do his dive kick or EX divekick to almost anything at half screen.

I had a hard time getting used to no yoga sniper and no back roundhouse.

I had a hard time getting used to no yoga sniper and no back roundhouse.

I love my back roundhouse or at least the presence of it so people would not jump at certain spaces. Man, I can't believe we don't get sniper. Its jumping light or medium now or is there no equivalent now? Do we have a light punch overhead?

DunpealD

lp.dp punishes one parry. But Ryu could just do two parries

http://gfycat.com/ScaredCarelessJunebug

Thanks for the effort but that is not what I meant.
Sorry for not being clearer. What I meant is that if you parry a fast light attack(do not cancel into dp), most of the time it is punch, can you punish that light attack after the parry.

Example:
P2 Ryu does st.lp and holds down-back immediately to block
P1 Ryu parries the st.lp
P1 does either st.lp or lp.dp immediately trying to punish the parried attack.

Should be done with recorded dummy.

Do the same thing with cr.lp.

If P1 can hit P2 after the parry it is a real punish. Same thing can be tested on other characters lights.

My current most important test would be Dictators blocked st.HK followed up with cr.mp or st.mp. In Beta 2 the follow up cr.mp was actually a counterhit, due to hitting the parry startup.

To test this make P2 dummy Ryu do a parry reversal after guard and do the sequence I mentioned above. Dummy should be set to block first hit.

Good. For the typical online SFIV Ryu it was just, "I'm gonna do it". Mash cr.MK and feel like they've got footsies.

Almost every SF4 character had this quality in different amounts. I am thoroughly enjoying how unsafe everything is in SFV, it really makes you take a microscope to your game.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
when are we going to advance in arcade stick technology enough that it saves people's profiles based on the game and automatically applies their button configurations

oye yams traeme un queso de hoja para comermelo con esta platano y salami frito

nah man, you gotta eat mangu if you want me to bring you some cheese.

LrRSQao.gif

Negaduck

I love my back roundhouse or at least the presence of it so people would not jump at certain spaces. Man, I can't believe we don't get sniper. Its jumping light or medium now or is there no equivalent now? Do we have a light punch overhead?

Doesn't Sim have the b.HP(?) Double fist gomu gomu air cannon? That seems to be a decent anti air and b.MP might be the new go to anti air options.

I want to test how good instant air yoga flames will be on opponents wake up. How fast it is and how safe you are. I haven't seen people abusing air yoga flame like it feels they should (i do realize being able to play as Sim has been pretty limited).

I hope fang becomes available. Really looking forward to using him.

smurfx

get some go again
snk needs to hire some capcom artists and make the new kof game look like marvel. that style would be perfect for kof.

Son, my laptop won't even boot Skullgirls. It has no graphics card. "Integrated graphics". Quality HP product.

This shit is from like '08.

you can run sf4 without any backgrounds and shit, but it will run. hell we have people playing it on pads!

also if you gimme a budget maybe i can spruce up a pc that can run it and sf5 somewhat decently.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Thanks for the effort but that is not what I meant.
Sorry for not being clearer. What I meant is that if you parry a fast light attack(do not cancel into dp), most of the time it is punch, can you punish that light attack after the parry.

Example:
P2 Ryu does st.lp and holds down-back immediately to block
P1 Ryu parries the st.lp
P1 does either st.lp or lp.dp immediately trying to punish the parried attack.

Should be done with recorded dummy.

Do the same thing with cr.lp.

If P1 can hit P2 after the parry it is a real punish. Same thing can be tested on other characters lights.

My current most important test would be Dictators blocked st.HK followed up with cr.mp or st.mp. In Beta 2 the follow up cr.mp was actually a counterhit, due to hitting the parry startup.

To test this make P2 dummy Ryu do a parry reversal after guard and do the sequence I mentioned above. Dummy should be set to block first hit.

Ah OK, so like this?

i9Yaub3.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Son, my laptop won't even boot Skullgirls. It has no graphics card. "Integrated graphics". Quality HP product.

I remember having a laptop like that, the BIOS just died on me one day after the fan, which sounded like a chainsaw buzz, just quit, had to open it up and salvage the hard drive so I could transfer everything onto a new desktop.

you can run sf4 without any backgrounds and shit, but it will run. hell we have people playing it on pads!

also if you gimme a budget maybe i can spruce up a pc that can run it and sf5 somewhat decently.

Realistically, he'll tell you something around 300-400 bucks. The struggle is real man.

El Sloth

Banned

Dawg, it won't run 60 fps. I have AE and it runs like 30-50 with everything off.

I'm not looking to buy a pc right now, not with all the holiday shopping I've done already.

I remember having a laptop like that, the BIOS just died on me one day after the fan, which sounded like a chainsaw buzz, just quit, had to open it up and salvage the hard drive so I could transfer everything onto a new desktop.

Realistically, he'll tell you something around 300-400 bucks. The struggle is real man.

smh2ems9bafu1j.png

Probably some PC parts in here. Oh sweet a joystick.... aw man its a TvC stick...
Sloth I think thats an Xbox stick since you only have 5 more days of XBL.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Can you switch to Dictator vs. Ryu.
Put Ryu into reversal parry after guard, use st.HK to gain advantage on block and try every single button if you can hit the startup of the parry. In Beta 2 Ryu would get CH after st.HK into cr.mp.

Is this what you mean?

rEYn6Ml.gif

DunpealD

Ah OK, so like this?

RyuvsRyuparry.gif

Yes, exactly! Though to be fair, I forgot whether you an chain cancel lights after a parry or not.

Now the only important thing that's left is the Dictator test.
Because if the parry works that also means that there is one more defensive option instead of mashing dp between frame traps.

Here is what I found out in the Laura mini test for example:

I also tested parrying all lights. Only Chun cr.lp, Rashid cr.lp, Ryu cr.lp and Cammy st.lp are safe from parry punish. Some are even punishable with st.mp.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So apparently there is one other person in the world who is playing this right now. I keep getting matchup with him and it's hella laggy.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
for 400 you could have a pc that'd run usf4 without issue

It can run SF4 without issue but then future proofing comes into play, I'm sure he's gonna pick up SFV on launch like the rest of us so it probably won't run it, plus I don't even know if he owns a PS4. He should by now cause the deals have been bonkers.

smh2ems9bafu1j.png

Probably some PC parts in here. Oh sweet a joystick.... aw man its a TvC stick...
Sloth I think thats an Xbox stick since you only have 5 more days of XBL.

lol, is that sfxt i see there? now you know the struggle is real.

I gotta pick up 3S.
The time is right. Even Third Strike's worst day still has better fightcade numbers than VSav. It's definitely an enduring scene.

That thing is from another decade. Even Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics will play SG.
for 400 you could have a pc that'd run usf4 without issue
Shit, for $500 you could get a laptop that could run Xrd this year. Desktops and fighting games are easy mode.

DunpealD

Is this what you mean?

Yes, that's it! Thank you!

Glad I can finally get that out of my mind. Looks like they really did make a system change like in USFIV with the DP FADC=-5.

This most likely means Ryu can parry in between medium and hard frametraps, since the Karin cr.mp into st.mp didn't work either anymore.
Keeping the new priority system in mind, this might turn his Ryus defensive play a lot more interesting.

vulva

God studying is so boring. I went to this class like twice though all semester so I probably should put some time in

This most likely means Ryu can parry in between medium and hard frametraps

Does it?

All we really have to ask is, what is the startup on parry?

If it's active on its first frame, you can parry between any frame trap regardless of strength (as well as parry on wakeup).

If it's active on its 2nd frame or a later frame, that determines how big of a hole is needed for him to successfully parry. That is, if there's only a 1 frame hole in a frame trap, Ryu would get counterhit if he parries on that frame (If active on its 3rd frame, a 2 frame hole is needed, and so on). Do we know how many frames there are between Dictator's HK and crouch MP? Are we certain the tester was frame perfect?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
God studying is so boring. I went to this class like twice though all semester so I probably should put some time in

We all gotta put in that work Vulva-sensei.

Yo damn, that was fast. I wanna build a Desktop on a budget of $2000 bucks that can run open world games on ultra. Is it possible on this budget? I'm trying to learn circuitry and assembly so I'm starting slow on learning the insides of a processor and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom