• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
i miss sniping people in fps games. :( i wanna have a sniping war with kadey. i'm not gonna bother trying to learn to play fps games on pad though.

I wrote a really long write up about Laura and her matchups in the beta thread. I would usually quote it here but.. the posts are way2damn long lol

IkhzqNC.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wrote a really long write up about Laura and her matchups in the beta thread. I would usually quote it here but.. the posts are way2damn long lol

IkhzqNC.png

Did you also write about how you don't know how Cammy's normals work and like to complain for no reason :D

Edit: read post and watched vids *thumbs up*

Ran through BBCF arcade mode as nine without knowing anything except that she combines spells into D specials. From a quick run through I definitely had fun, but she would definitely have a learning curve.

If I remember the combos right, wind fire fire makes an overhead meteor storm, and wind wind fire makes a plant thing. Those two both seem great for setting up mixup. Fire wind water makes this count up clock think that erupts if it fills all the way. It doesn't seem that great for anything except forcing the opponent to come at you since it goes away on hit. It takes a long as time to count up

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Which normals?
Forward hk going over lows was a hilarious statement lol I wished it did that, it's also throwable on start up. Also LoV being anything other than shit

That Cammy was pretty good though he missed out on some damage opertunities, at least in those vids lol.

But yeah honestly I really think Cammy does nothing too great atm unless she's point blank then she can do some decent pressure but she has no way to open up. So once you learn the ranges of her good normals you can pretty much just harass her for free, sure she has a dp but that's a risky answer you are better not using most of the time.

I really don't get why she's popping up on people's top 5 list at all with her current version.

*shrug*

If fHK or her vskill went over lows I'd instantly rank her higher.

But when you have characters like Karin getting near half hp combos off a cr.mp and 1 bar of ex. Lol she looks like shit

Forward hk going over lows was a hilarious statement lol I wished it did that, it's also throwable on start up. Also LoV being anything other than shit

That Cammy was pretty good though he missed out on some damage opertunities, at least in those vids lol.

But yeah honestly I really think Cammy does nothing too great atm unless she's point blank then she can do some decent pressure but she has no way to open up. So once you learn the ranges of her good normals you can pretty much just harass her for free, sure she has a dp but that's a risky answer you are better not using most of the time.

I really don't get why she's popping up on people's top 5 list at all with her current version.

*shrug*

If fHK or her vskill went over lows I'd instantly rank her higher.

But when you have characters like Karin getting near half hp combos off a cr.mp and 1 bar of ex. Lol she looks like shit

Oh I was talking about using it to stuff out jabs and such. I should've clarified what I meant lol. I didn't mean to say it went over all lows. Doing it on someone that wakes up pressing buttons = counter hit for you. Or trying to use it as a frame trap.

She's probably popping into people top 5's because.. she's really good? :p https://twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status/677934888515833856

What's good about her v-skill is that it's a tool you can use in neutral to punish fireballs at mid screen, you can combo off of it and it's safe on block.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh I was talking about using it to stuff out jabs and such. I should've clarified what I meant lol. I didn't mean to say it went over all lows. Doing it on someone that wakes up pressing buttons = counter hit for you. Or trying to use it as a frame trap.

She's probably popping into people top 5's because.. she's really good? :p https://twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status/677934888515833856

What's good about her v-skill is that it's a tool you can use in neutral to punish fireballs at mid screen, you can combo off of it and it's safe on block.

mika and chun wreck cammy's normals for free

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mika I can't see but Chun wrecks everyones normals free

it's basicall once mika gets past s.mk range cammy cant do much minus gtfo, if the mika is pressing buttons good and got cammy hit or blocking its in her favor the entire time.

So you are stuck blocking jumping out or dping

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can be bought with in game currency or with real money. Least that's what I remember anywho.

Now I remember.

Bring back the world tour mode. With all these new characters and such it would be a great addition.

Someone said Seth is the final boss again. Wonder if that's true.

- Cammy's Vskill spiral arrow is unsafe on block.

- Chun and Mika don't "destroy" Cammy's normals. No one destroys anyone, matchup-wise. It's about the strength of a player's mental game in footsies. In Cammy's case, it helps that her best counterpokes (crMK, stHP) are both cancellable and she has a great walkspeed both forwards and back.

Wallach

Mika I can't see but Chun wrecks everyones normals free

Chun was definitely on the loose in this beta.

I think Cammy wasn't even in the running for top 5 in this last beta. Though in retrospect looking at some other replays/data on her, not as bad as my last impression of her (which was pretty much in the shadow realm with Ken). Kind of a bit like Bison in that once you get familiar with her in the matchup her pressure doesn't seem like it would be that threatening. She did seem to have a really strong AA game and good normals, I just don't see the kind of tools that would draw me to a 900 health aggressive character that can consistently open up defensive play. More like a wack Chun without an overhead or a projectile.

hitsugi

i was about to ask about this. how do you roll cancel a piano input anyways? that seems ridiculous.

I had a couple of different ways of doing it but it's often buffered with a dash, hop, or whiffed c.LK.

Either LP~MP~HP, LP+LK~HP or HP~MP~LP, LP+LK~HP.. same for Chun's lightning legs and Honda hands. RC lightning legs was a godlike wake up move and you could combo afterward.

headbutting various limbs ayy lmao

Also I didn't get a chance to V-Trigger Yoga Fire too many times either so I'd like to see if there's any way I can get interrupted while I'm hitting them. I caught the start-up preemptively so the fireball wasn't out yet but I gotta see if I have more time to react than I expected.

Kumubou

Anyone know if getting this now would carry over to the PC version?
http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/22/kil...ee-for-xbox-live-gold-subscribers-in-january/

You get it permanently, right?
KI is cross-buy between the XBone and PC, so it probably does, but the license is only good as long as you have Gold IIRC (I know it wasn't like that originally, but that changed a while back). Dunno if the license would carry over to the Windows 10 store, but it sounds like it should? I do know that all of the characters and DLC you buy on the XBone version will transfer to the PC release when that comes out in March.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Final Round is in Atlanta and run by Shinblanka.

Combo Breaker is in(?) Chicago and run by TheHadou. It was born out of UFGT's ashes.

Its in Saint Charles, Illinois.

yo yams you play 3s? wanna play sometime on fightcade? im just startin out.

I'll read up on fightcade and get it running, PM me your steam ID or idk how fightcade works lol

Do you play 3rd Strike on PSN at all?

I used to back when it first came out but hated the lag I got online so I just play offline every now and then but with SFV coming out, 3rd Strike is a game that closely resembles it imo, besides all the parry nonsense.

Just talked to the venue. Every Queen listing in the tower is double queen beds. If you click the listing it shows you an outdated photo pre-renovation with 2 beds. Post renovations is still 2 beds though.

I just reserved my room, I hope I don't get charged until I go there.... ;_;

I hope Curly hooks me up with Illuminati status at the tournament lol

Ask Yams. :)

Didn't Capcom say all DLC is free or something? Or are they going to charge for Urien,etc?

All future DLC can be purchased through fight money, in-game currency that can be obtained through playing the game, or using actual money. Its a happy medium for everyone. See haunts, I can do your job for you on this forum. Also, Gief vs Sim is weirdly one of the weirdest match ups in the game, Gief needs to be more patient than usual to get Sim in a corner and ravage him. Its more annoying then another other matchup, I'd rather play against a seth or sagat cause at least I don't need to corner them to win.

mbpm1

Also, Gief vs Sim is weirdly one of the weirdest match ups in the game, Gief needs to be more patient than usual to get Sim in a corner and ravage him. Its more annoying then another other matchup, I'd rather play against a seth or sagat cause at least I don't need to corner them to win.

So it's exactly the same as most Gief matches then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom