• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So it's exactly the same as most Gief matches then?

Relax bub, Gief can't move around as he wants with Dhalsim sadly, fullscreen normal punishes are a curse.

Yams, Sim can teleport out of the corner right? How do you counter that?

Yeah he can, what you would normally do is give the Sim player enough space in the corner so you can punish the teleport. I'm not sure if the teleport has any start up frames but any meaty setup should destroy dhalsim free. Free meaty into a well timed spd and the sim is useless. Granted, it won't be perfect like that since you have to first get Sim in the corner. What you could do, and wouldn't recommend but just food for thought, is to see if you can predict his stand fierce (which i think is his luffy double pistol move) and time a lariat so you can punish it before hitting you and you can rush in on Sim. Other than that, focusing sparingly when you need to is pretty useful, just don't over do it or the sim will punish you for it.

blackule might be safe from history cause my attempting to upload our match keeps giving me errors.

lmao

mbpm1

Beating Sim is easy, just be Hagejin

Was playing random select against a friend who's pretty casual with fighters and I realized Sakura is pretty fun and so is Rolento, curse him

Relax bub, Gief can't move around as he wants with Dhalsim sadly, fullscreen normal punishes are a curse.

Yeah he can, what you would normally do is give the Sim player enough space in the corner so you can punish the teleport. I'm not sure if the teleport has any start up frames but any meaty setup should destroy dhalsim free. Free meaty into a well timed spd and the sim is useless. Granted, it won't be perfect like that since you have to first get Sim in the corner. What you could do, and wouldn't recommend but just food for thought, is to see if you can predict his stand fierce (which i think is his luffy double pistol move) and time a lariat so you can punish it before hitting you and you can rush in on Sim. Other than that, focusing sparingly when you need to is pretty useful, just don't over do it or the sim will punish you for it.

lmao

Thank you for the info.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Beating Sim is easy, just be Hagejin

Was playing random select against a friend who's pretty casual with fighters and I realized Sakura is pretty fun and so is Rolento, curse him

Hagejin is a drunken master lol

Thank you for the info.

This is strictly for SF4 since I don't know much about other fighters. Just be really patient and always hold back with every step you take. If you're far away and can't get hit, lariat to build meter. Rinse and repeat from there bud.

2oBDnkw.jpg
BBCF tourny

Tripon

I have come to really dislike the niconico format. Like, I understand it was developed domestically for the Japanese market. But they do little or even attempt to cater to a foreign audience.

I really hope Twitch Japan takes off, hell, I would even argue that Twitch and Nicoinco aren't competitors. Niconico doesn't want baka gaijin to watch their sacred streams. Organizers should really just have a twitch stream for the people outside Japan, and the niconico stream for domestic streams. Urgh, just frustrated so much with niconico.

what's so difficult about it? you go to the link and watch.

the vods are what make it worse than twitch, but I guess that's how they make money.

Its in Saint Charles, Illinois.
I used to back when it first came out but hated the lag I got online so I just play offline every now and then but with SFV coming out, 3rd Strike is a game that closely resembles it imo, besides all the parry nonsense.
Should pick it up again on PSN I feel so alone. Who do you play?

Is Sim vs Gief on ultra one of the saltiest matches?
Yams, Sim can teleport out of the corner right? How do you counter that?
It's an uphill battle for Zangief, but it's not too bad since he does a couple of normals to stuff his limbs from afar and a well-timed triple kick Lariat is effective at allowing you to close the gape if you predict him trying to hit you low or if he wants to use his standing fierce punch. EX Green Hand is also potent for moving in closer whilst actually landing a blow from approximately mid-range if he sticks something out, as well for when you want to catch reversal teleports if he tries to escape from the corner post-knockdown. If the Dhalsim is on auto-pilot with his anti-airs, at the right distance Zangief's jumping LK helps avoid being tagged by them and creates the opportunity for a quick punish before he can recover. Zangief's j. MK is also decent at specific angles. Yoga Catastrophe is the inferior Ultra in that match-up too for what it's worth; Yoga Shangri-La is a much harder obstacle for Zangief to overcome because of how it dominates the mid-screen here if you so much as jump within that space, never mind mistiming a Green Hand, Lariat, Focus Attack, dash, sweep, et cetera. And that's ignoring what he can punish on block with instant-air execution, to boot. Lastly: I find Zangief's Ultra 1 more threatening than his Ultra 2, because (relatively speaking) you're rarely going to get the chance where you can snatch him from the air if the Dhalsim is well-versed in how to deal with him. There's other finer details that I could bring up that'll get you punished, but most Dhalsims won't be aware of them or hardly utilize them.

As a Dhalsim main, the match-up has a fun dynamic and it's stressful for both sides. I've gotten way too comfortable with it during my heyday though to the point it almost felt relaxing even with my back pushed against the corner, but regardless of that I really enjoyed having long sets with capable Zangiefs since quite a bit of adapting comes into play from both sides.

Sim vs Gief in SFV might be worse
That was my impression as well in the beta phase 3 build.

Zissou

AMERIKAJIN
AMERIKAJIN – ‏@jiyunaJP

【SFV Player Tier List】
S- ANIME Players
A- 3S/ST/KOF Players
B- SF4AE/Tekken/UMVC3 Players
C- MK/Skullgirls/Divekick Players
D- USF4 Players

Accurate?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Somehow, I don't think it would matter either way.

thats the case in reality, i hear half of the shit these fuckers say at fgc tournaments and its straight up wrong. the main fgc celebs are really chill tho, the other folks are just wrong lol

Shackzam

This build seems to be different from the beta since bison's flame seems to be big outside of v-trigger. Also more stages as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom