• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg
9ovvu0I.jpg

Play 3rd Strike, its a thing of beauty to me.
Do you play 3rd Strike on PSN at all?

hitsugi

CVS2 Blanka was fun. Hop RC electricity and watch some clueless person's level 3 fly straight through you.. so good.

CVS2 was the GOAT fighting game so let's not even get into it.

Skilletor

CVS2 Blanka was fun. Hop RC electricity and watch some clueless person's level 3 fly straight through you.. so good.

CVS2 was the GOAT fighting game so let's not even get into it.

Yeah, fuck all of this.

All of it.

Fuck it.

Except the GOAT part, that's close enough to being true.

BadWolf

From SRK, regarding SFV Ryu:

In case anyone was wondering, because I was:
(from http://watissf.dantarion.com)

LP Shoryu has lower body invincibility.
MP Shoryu has 6 frames of total body invincibility.
HP Shoryu has 3 frames of total body invincibility, then turns into lower body invincibility. (it hits on the 5th frame)
EX Shoryu has 15 frames of total body invincibility.

also parry has 2 frames of start-up, and is then "active" for 7 frames. so it'll lose outright to real meaties and maybe some jab strings, but it's fast enough that a reversal parry should work on any mediums or heavies in a blockstring as long as they aren't super delayed.

tv ads

the casual audience doesnt give a fuck about a beta
A character reveal, maybe?

With the continual decline in impressions across the betas, I feel like it would be in Capcom's best interest to give us one last play that's close to the final version, and hopefully it makes people happy.

hitsugi

Yeah, fuck all of this.

All of it.

Fuck it.

Except the GOAT part, that's close enough to being true.

Roll canceling was fun. I know a majority of players didn't obtain proficiency in it until way too late in the game's life, but it was fun. My opinion - RC gave characters more options and was a good thing for the game. Bad due to 'execution barriers,' but good because options. Characters who were already top-tier benefited further from it, but even low-tier gained some cool stuff by using it. I would take greater issue with CCs than RCs (despite loving custom combos).

Getting caught by blocked jab into CC while you were P or K groove was a little annoying.

thehadou

Neo Member
Was I confusing final round with combo breaker? I'm sorry CurlyW lol, I'm definitely going since its at the end of May. The flights are super cheap too, around 200 bucks on average. Would love to use jetblue buts its over 400.... yikes

HIT ME UP CURLY LOL...

Just tried reserving, they don't have any tower doubles... only queen size beds... curly pls fix

Just talked to the venue. Every Queen listing in the tower is double queen beds. If you click the listing it shows you an outdated photo pre-renovation with 2 beds. Post renovations is still 2 beds though.

Rhapsody

Banned
The one time I really had fun with using Blanka is Hyper Fighting. Don't really care for him much in the other games, especially 4.

I never tried Blanka in CvS2 though. However, the thought of roll cancel inputs on a pianoing special scares me. lol
I was never great at RCing in that game, but this was many years ago.

petghost

Banned
I never tried Blanka in CvS2 though. However, the thought of roll cancel inputs on a pianoing special scares me. lol

i was about to ask about this. how do you roll cancel a piano input anyways? that seems ridiculous.

Kumubou

The one time I really had fun with using Blanka is Hyper Fighting. Don't really care for him much in the other games, especially 4.

RC electricity isn't extraordinarily difficult. The way I did it was to piano LP~MP~HP, then input LP+LK~MP. The input is a little weird, but no more so than trying to do mashed specials with precision in other SF games (and I'm glad they're gone in SF5, heh).

CurlyW

Was I confusing final round with combo breaker? I'm sorry CurlyW lol, I'm definitely going since its at the end of May. The flights are super cheap too, around 200 bucks on average. Would love to use jetblue buts its over 400.... yikes

HIT ME UP CURLY LOL...

Just tried reserving, they don't have any tower doubles... only queen size beds... curly pls fix

I checked with Rick. The Tower Room options are either 1 king-size bed or 2 queen-size beds. The Golf Room options are either 1 queen-size bed or 2 double-size beds. I haven't been there myself, so I don't know too much more than that.

Skilletor

I stayed away this weekend just because of all the troubles people seemed to be having.

Can't wait for the final game, but now that school is done going to play some RPGs, read and relax. Not stress over getting disconnected or not being able to connect in SF5.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I watched some people played it. Art seems to have the best Sim right now. Valle seems like he knows more about the game's mechanics than anybody right now. Justin is getting blown up by everybody. Floe has a really good Laura. Champ is looking to main Nash, we'll see how long that lasts if he's different from final build.

Kumubou

The SF5 beta was funny for me: I could not get a single game in matchmaking on PS4 but once I got the PC build running (with fun issues like the image not scaling properly to my monitor and my stick not being detected even in X360 mode) that was a relatively smooth experience (and I was getting matches for days, which is weird since my PC and PS4 are on the same network). It was also rather performant at 1080p on my R9 270X, running at 60fps clean while looking roughly the same as the PS4 build. So I'm not even sure which version to get now (especially since I'm looking at a PC upgrade next year that should just crush my old setup).

I stayed away this weekend just because of all the troubles people seemed to be having.

Can't wait for the final game, but now that school is done going to play some RPGs, read and relax. Not stress over getting disconnected or not being able to connect in SF5.

I only had issues the first couple of hours it was open on the first day. Smooth sailing after that (PC FWIW). Hopefully the hiccups ensure a solid launch day tho.

Bizazedo

The SF5 beta was funny for me: I could not get a single game in matchmaking on PS4 but once I got the PC build running (with fun issues like the image not scaling properly to my monitor and my stick not being detected even in X360 mode) that was a relatively smooth experience (and I was getting matches for days, which is weird since my PC and PS4 are on the same network). It was also rather performant at 1080p on my R9 270X, running at 60fps clean while looking roughly the same as the PS4 build. So I'm not even sure which version to get now (especially since I'm looking at a PC upgrade next year that should just crush my old setup).

Was almost the same for me. Updated SF V, no matches for 30 minutes. Restarted my PS4 and got matches constantly. It was odd. I am wondering if it didn't update properly til reset or thought I was on the old version til I closed / reopened the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom