• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm really liking hit confirms in this.

I had success with random normal punishes too.

Liking how mobile Chun is in this as well. There's no hazenshu, but cr mp slides and her v skill is really useful.

Who are the best Chun players for SFV? Wish SFV were out now!

Thanks for your SFV videos, Blackule! You helped me get basics with Nash and your Laura makes me interested. I have to say that you're a really good player! I look forward to losing to you when V drops!

AU4f4Pi.png

I admit that combos and rush down is a weakness with me so watching your Nash vids and mimicing you really helped me some W's. I think I ended the beta with 400 lp. Granted, I couldn't play too long. I'd like to upload some matches.

I admit that combos and rush down is a weakness with me so watching your Nash vids and mimicing you really helped me some W's. I think I ended the beta with 400 lp. Granted, I couldn't play too long. I'd like to upload some matches.

I think you might have the wrong Nash :p, I only have one video of me abusing Moonsalt

Exactly! I combined that pressure with stuff from watching Infiltration the GAWD.

The lp -> mp xx link combo helped me realize that Charlie is a monster. Really helped.

Sayad

Yeah I'm really liking hit confirms in this.

I had success with random normal punishes too.

Liking how mobile Chun is in this as well. There's no hazenshu, but cr mp slides and her v skill is really useful.

Who are the best Chun players for SFV? Wish SFV were out now!
K.Sabot's Chun is pretty nice:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190111272&postcount=3600
He also link to FTKComputer's youtube channel where you can find hours of great SFV Chun play.

The music too, I'm not sure if I played a fighting game with worse music.

No joke, I watched an SFxT match and was bored as hell. I thought this was odd because rationally the match should've been okay enough. Turned the sound off and was more entertained. I don't remember the last time a game's sound design and music was so bad it actively made the game more boring, but SFxT manages it somehow.

Tripon

Why Sagat Won’t Be Appearing:

“It’s because there are many characters that perform similarly. For this launch and its next update, we wanted to have a good balance of characters. Since we didn’t want to just blindly increase the number of characters, it was a bitter decision that had to be made.”

“I understand that there are also many who wish to see other characters besides Sagat, such as Blanka and more. There’s a possibility that we may add more characters in some form later, so please look forward to that.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/2...-many-similar-characters/#73EF2jf31KfELQK5.99

No Blanka please, kthxbye.

Benefited in what way? Dhalsim looks just as shitty as ever tbh and now he has even less horizontal ground control and it remains to be seen if the other characters "benefited". Change just for the sake of change isnt always something to applaud.
Dhalsim only really looks "as shitty as ever" if people insist on playing him as a stationary, ground-based character; he's a lot more nimble and capable as an aggressor with his set-ups than before. His Critical Art does admittedly leave me scratching my head though, because even without charging it up for increased damage / extra hits, I'm left wondering how it's even meant to be practical (beyond serving as a combo extension) given that fishing for a Crush Counter sweep with him for the hard knockdown is far from the safest idea.

I have to say I like a lot of SFV's accessibility choices. I had trouble making combos in SFIV because of 1 frame links. I like that I don't have to work too much into teaching myself new combos. I know that makes me a scrub probably, but I don't think learning basic combos should be that hard to master.
The bolded has more or less usually been the case for the good Street Fighter iterations (read: not SFIV) relative to competing franchises in the genre, at least before they were broken down to a science at the highest level, so I don't really mind V returning to some of its original simplicity either with how it's now focused on other elements instead.

No joke, I watched an SFxT match and was bored as hell. I thought this was odd because rationally the match should've been okay enough. Turned the sound off and was more entertained. I don't remember the last time a game's sound design and music was so bad it actively made the game more boring, but SFxT manages it somehow.

That's basically how I felt about Injustice.

Dlent

Does anybody know if there's a projected release date for the Yatagarasu GGPO update? They really dropped the ball with the games release.

BadWolf

Think I've decided to main Mika first after watching more matches.

Aside from just being awesome in general, she seems to have many great tools and I can draw enough parallels between her and KOF grapplers to feel that I can adjust to her quickly.

Ryu will probably be secondary, since he has been my fave SF character since forever.

So no more SF5 till release?
I got to play like an hour and that's it. Can anyone point me to any good Sim videos?

I am looking forwards to Rog and Urien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom