• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah current daigo is what i assume to be in a bulking phase since he was supposed to be hitting the gym.

maybe he stopped going i dunno and kept the bulk. but it's all good as long as he picks ABEL.

also, you guys forget that Daigo gets invited to Dubai and all those oil rich countries on the regular for their tourneys. i wouldn't put it past some rich Arabic oil tycoon to bring him over and pay some extravagant appearance fee cause it's chump change for him. and is a daigo fanboy.

He also does those promotion jobs with Capcom and Sony. He probably got a good paycheck from that Guilty Gear exhibition.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Happy holidays FGW.

azNFTENh.jpg

So I finally played VF 5 at Round One. Man I need to refresh on Akira. I sucked at getting more than 3 hits.
Mine opens Dec 26th. buddy and i are gonna break in those VF cabs!
btw most akira combos are like 5 hits so w/e

mbpm1

YOOO WTF I GOT AN XB1 IN THE COMPANY RAFFLE

I fucking knew it too I knew this was going to happen like I knew that meaty Ultra was gonna hit THE READS

but...

DOES THIS SYSTEM EVEN HAVE GAMEZ? LMAO

KI IS COMING FOR PC ALREADY SO IDC ABOUT THAT

What am I gonna do lol

They even talk about Fuudo's weight which is just crazy to me.

That one makes sense though. Harry Potter has gained some weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8p3dASsO8

He looks normal to us, but they go by a different standard in Japan. That's why japanese stream monsters keep mentioning his weight. They even talk about Fuudo's weight which is just crazy to me. Like I said, he stated that he started working out to provide a better image for the japanese gamer to the media which I think is in a worse situation in Japan. Dude needs to lose weight if that's what he's trying to pull off or he'll keep getting the "he's gotten fat" comments from the Japanese.

I've watched my fair share of Asian movies including many Japanese films. I feel like Japan more so than Korea or China are still very stuck on the ideal male body just being really skinny. Not even lean and ripped, just skinny as hell.

I think Daigo is about the same height as me(5'7), and I guess he's probably 150-160 right now. The people complaining from the chat probably want to see him around 130-135 again. That's probably how much he weighs in that picture where he's posing with Poongko. I just don't get why that look is so appealing to them.

In a strange way I think I finally realized why Capcom had the weight of their characters(especially the males) so low despite how they look for so long. It's like after SFV everybody started bulking up and their listed weight for SFV finally confirms that.

FACE

Banned
fam

knockdown, throw a fireball in there face, pop comeback engine, dash forward and finish them

you don't eem need the knockdown, just get a fireball in there face so they'll be in blockstun while you're dashing in their face and let the games begin

This.

Sweep > charge low fireball > FSE > release low fireball > dash in > overhead worked on 90% of the people I tried it on online.

CO_Andy

Holy smokes is the Elite XB1 Controller absolutely terrible for Street Fighter. The dpad doesn't seem to be able to register left rolling motions. It's so bad i can do a fireball like 10% of the time. Haven't been able to pull a super on the left side :/

Works okay with right rolling motions. Avoid this controller if you plan to play SF. Everything else about the controller is absolutely fantastic (feel of the buttons, sticks, yadda yadda).

Tripon

Holy smokes is the Elite XB1 Controller absolutely terrible for Street Fighter. The dpad doesn't seem to be able to register left rolling motions. It's so bad i can do a fireball like 10% of the time. Haven't been able to pull a super on the left side :/

Works okay with right rolling motions. Avoid this controller if you plan to play SF. Everything else about the controller is absolutely fantastic (feel of the buttons, sticks, yadda yadda).
p
We found the guy on FGW/FGC that can't do a Dragon Punch motion. ;P

I've watched my fair share of Asian movies including many Japanese films. I feel like Japan more so than Korea or China are still very stuck on the ideal male body just being really skinny. Not even lean and ripped, just skinny as hell.

I think Daigo is about the same height as me(5'7), and I guess he's probably 150-160 right now. The people complaining from the chat probably want to see him around 130-135 again. That's probably how much he weighs in that picture where he's posing with Poongko. I just don't get why that look is so appealing to them.

In a strange way I think I finally realized why Capcom had the weight of their characters(especially the males) so low despite how they look for so long. It's like after SFV everybody started bulking up and their listed weight for SFV finally confirms that.

Man, I'm in Japan right now and see the same. All the males in advertisements around town and what i see on tv ads are super skinny, but with like no muscle mass. I want to say kinda effeminate? Idk.

notworksafe

YOOO WTF I GOT AN XB1 IN THE COMPANY RAFFLE

I fucking knew it too I knew this was going to happen like I knew that meaty Ultra was gonna hit THE READS

but...

DOES THIS SYSTEM EVEN HAVE GAMEZ? LMAO

KI IS COMING FOR PC ALREADY SO IDC ABOUT THAT

What am I gonna do lol
X1 is the best media center there is mang. X1, PC, Wii U/3DS and I'm set on games and media stuff for years to come

notworksafe

Not really. There's some games I'd like to play on X1 that aren't on PC or I don't feel like waiting to come to PC (KI, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, Halo). Plus the media center/TV capabilities of X1 are great.

PS4 is redundant to me, which is why I sold mine. Nothing I want on PS4 that isn't also on PC.

edit: this is without even getting into the anguish of using the god awful DS4.

The Fujoshi market is a strong demographic.

if my students are any indication, there shall soon be a sizeable western demographic of these girls in about 3-5 years.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The Fujoshi market is a strong demographic.

if my students are any indication, there shall soon be a sizeable western demographic of these girls in about 3-5 years.

fujoshis are appearing everywhere, mostly high school students too. its the rise of anime in america.

Nothing more frustrating that taking a break from USFIV and playing SFV beta all weekend, only to go to SFIV and still in SFV mode and playing your character like you don't know how to play them and losing to someone you beat multiple times in a row just a week before.

Funny thing is my Ryu wasted all of his characters because I've been studying Ryu in the mean time, but Chun Li isn't where it was two weeks ago.

When you get in a big ass discussion on twitter about rushdown as a strategy with Chris T and Filipino man thanks to Alex "Rush that shit down" Valle's impression of SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom