• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

*Logs onto twitter, sees an RT of Kumubou with 4 copies of Aquapazza*

I'm not surprised.
That's not counting the digital version that I have (that I bought for $3... but still).

Most of them are "gifts" for local anime players here. It's kind of a running in-joke.

Next week is the Topanga end of the year stream. Last year they streamed forever trying to get a certain pp using random select. Also because Momochi won't be able to participate in the Topanga concept matches at Toukaigi, Momochi will play Mago in a ft7 during the end of the year stream.

Topanga will be doing another University battle tournament like they had at TGS. All 48 players that participate in the tournament will receive a free copy of SFV with the 1st and 2nd place teams winning a lot more stuff.

Topanga also announced a SF2 (original) tournament with 8 pros and 8 other players who registered. The pro players are Choco, Itazan, Tokido, Mago, Haitani, Bonchan, Fuudo, and Momochi. Both this and the University tournament will take place on February 11th. They will both take place at the Red Bull Studios in Tokyo. This tournament will give out the same prizes as well.

ShinMaruku

what booty, that shit is shameful

as is shin
008_thumb15.jpg

I have no shame in my game. :E

Next week is the Topanga end of the year stream. Last year they streamed forever trying to get a certain pp using random select.

Really looking forward to this, I think this is the 3rd year they're doing this. It's fun to watch them start cracking about 8+ hours in because they're getting desperate and restless. Since so many top players play online over there, they're dealing with real competition instead of your typical good online player with 4kpp. I remember Poongko was constantly always trying to get in there room and he would also play random select like they did. Hopefully they struggle again because I want to see them desperate again. I wish some top Americans would get together to do the same thing. It would be really fun to watch since we can actually understand them.

I've been looking at Killer Instinct videos to figure out who I will main, and I ended up stumbling across a video with Glacius covered in horns. WHAT?! Turns out the game offers character customization, and it's way ahead of other games. Most of the options look pretty great. Capcom is making a mistake in offering full costume DLC instead of breaking it into parts. I'd much rather use Chun-li's DLC outfit with default hair than the DLC hair. I'd probably give Bison facial hair with his default costume.

Perro

I've been looking at Killer Instinct videos to figure out who I will main, and I ended up stumbling across a video with Glacius covered in horns. WHAT?! Turns out the game offers character customization, and it's way ahead of other games. Most of the options look pretty great. Capcom is making a mistake in offering full costume DLC instead of breaking it into parts. I'd much rather use Chun-li's DLC outfit with default hair than the DLC hair. I'd probably give Bison facial hair with his default costume.
this and KOF13 color customization kreygasm

petghost

Banned
I'm kinda happy most 2d games haven't adopted vf/tekken style customization cuz that shit just turns into a mess with people holding fish and wearing Santa hats and whatever. Even sfxt custom colors were kinda annoying.

Salex_

I wish there were more people playing KOF 13. I tried it while using the PS Now trial and loved how fluid the gameplay felt and performing HD combos was extremely fun. It's only $5 on Steam right now, but there's barely anyone playing it now. I assume most of those people are KOF veterans outside of the U.S.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
get on my level
PRy9WDgh.jpg

Sayad

I said this when we saw the first SFV gameplay during last year's CC Finals, the first thing that came to my mind seeing the noodle bowl on Chun's head was that they will probably try to sell hats and other cosmetics. I still think that's the case, but they may not announce those early to not create unnecessary "micortransactions!!!" and "contents cut from the main game" negative chatter.

SFV is planning to replace paid updated version with microtransactions, that wont happen with SFIV's costumes dlc model alone. There's still a lot that we don't know about their dlc model.

Shun

Was too caught up with Genei Ibunroku #FE, but was this posted here yet? BlazBlue CentralFiction Act 2 with game mode and story update out in Late January.

NEO0MJ

I've been looking at Killer Instinct videos to figure out who I will main, and I ended up stumbling across a video with Glacius covered in horns. WHAT?! Turns out the game offers character customization, and it's way ahead of other games. Most of the options look pretty great.

What's nice is that they're designed as a full unique set that can be split instead of a random mishmash of parts.

At least it fit the general shittyness of the game.

I don't know why why we still get comments like this even after v.2013. It makes no sense :(

I'm kinda happy most 2d games haven't adopted vf/tekken style customization cuz that shit just turns into a mess with people holding fish and wearing Santa hats and whatever. Even sfxt custom colors were kinda annoying.
I'd rather have my favorite street fighters cosplay as a giant shrimp for their default costume than use SFxT neon colors.

Marz

YOOO WTF I GOT AN XB1 IN THE COMPANY RAFFLE

I fucking knew it too I knew this was going to happen like I knew that meaty Ultra was gonna hit THE READS

but...

DOES THIS SYSTEM EVEN HAVE GAMEZ? LMAO

KI IS COMING FOR PC ALREADY SO IDC ABOUT THAT

What am I gonna do lol

That one makes sense though. Harry Potter has gained some weight

Yooo nice man.

YOOO WTF I GOT AN XB1 IN THE COMPANY RAFFLE

I fucking knew it too I knew this was going to happen like I knew that meaty Ultra was gonna hit THE READS

but...

DOES THIS SYSTEM EVEN HAVE GAMEZ? LMAO

KI IS COMING FOR PC ALREADY SO IDC ABOUT THAT

What am I gonna do lol

That one makes sense though. Harry Potter has gained some weight

send it to me so I can play the Kamiya joint when it drops

also, RIP Phantom Dust

Perro

I wish there were more people playing KOF 13. I tried it while using the PS Now trial and loved how fluid the gameplay felt and performing HD combos was extremely fun. It's only $5 on Steam right now, but there's barely anyone playing it now. I assume most of those people are KOF veterans outside of the U.S.
Yup, game is dead and if you find a match you gonna get bodied by mexicans who pick random.
Add me on steam if you still buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom