• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
shouta has been mia for god knows how long, we have complete reign of this here. whatever happen to enzo and god's beard? ;_;

wasn't Chris T the dude who said the US is free because it has lives or some shit? Or was that Brentiscool?

US is free cause there's shit to do everywhere and it's not just gray buildings as far as the eye can see to promote boredom.

i'm going jetskiing in Miami over practicing this 1-frame link son!

/s

Tripon

wasn't Chris T the dude who said the US is free because it has lives or some shit? Or was that Brentiscool?
Yeah, that was Chris T, who is a college student, aka the guy who actually has the most free time to travel.and attend tournaments compare to guys who has full.time jobs and stuff.

Brett is cool is the guy who is salty that players who are better than him (Nuckledu) styling on him instead of shutting him up by beating him.

Tripon

Brettiscool's issue is that he stuck with Rufus when there was characters that do what Rufus does and are clearly better are in Ultra.

Character loyalty is a bitch.

ShinMaruku

Brettiscool's issue is that he stuck with Rufus when there was characters that do what Rufus does and are clearly better are in Ultra.

Character loyalty is a bitch.
This is why I have a character stable. Also helped they were all top 8. Juri,Cammy and Ibuki the queens <3

Tripon

Can you say the same with Daigo in terms of your last sentence?

Evil Ryu is one of the best characters in the game? And Daigo switched off of Ryu once he was nerfed in AE to Yun, went back to Ryu, then finally decided to give in to the Hadou and play Evil Ryu.

Evil Ryu is one of the best characters in the game? And Daigo switched off of Ryu once he was nerfed in AE to Yun, went back to Ryu, then finally decided to give in to the Hadou and play Evil Ryu.
But Kaz smoked his E Ryu. There's a time where he needed to switch

Tripon

Been awhile since I've come across this Juicebox vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW3cAPR2PKE

I mean, it's true.

The counter argument is that the weaker player knows he's weaker, so he'll take the chance to score a fluke win vs. never getting a win until he's better to win more consistently. But that's the fault of the game/system vs. the player. I'm never going to not take a gifted win in a match.

But Kaz smoked his E Ryu. There's a time where he needed to switch

It was 3-2 in grand finals at Capcom Cup.

Brettiscool's situation is different. He's playing a more flawed character that is clearly not good enough to win tournaments. I suppose I'll chalked it to that Daigo wasn't held back by Evil Ryu, while Brettiscool is held back from Rufus. I'm not saying that Brettiscool would suddenly win tournaments if he switched to say, Yun, but he would likely have a higher chance.

And I don't know if Daigo had a counterpick ready for Kazunoko. Kazunoko considers Ken, Sagat, Boxer, and Elena to be bad matchups for Yun, and I have no idea if Daigo has anyone of those.

16_kazuyun01.jpg

mbpm1

And I don't know if Daigo had a counterpick ready for Kazunoko. Kazunoko considers Ken, Sagat, Boxer, and Elena to be bad matchups for Yun, and I have no idea if Daigo has anyone of those.

According to something I heard from Markman or someone who knows the JP community Daigo beats Kazunoko all the time with Sagat.

He chose not to switch here bc of pride. The JP community was like, "wtf are you doing"

According to something I heard from Markman or someone who knows the JP community Daigo beats Kazunoko all the time with Sagat.

He chose not to switch here bc of pride. The JP community was like, "wtf are you doing"

Bonchan mentioned it too when he was at the Red Bull Studios streaming on Valle's channel. He said that Tokido and a few others believed Daigo would have won if he counterpicked. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember him saying.

Anne

What do you mean by that?

The number of people going "why the hell did I stick to my non-viable character" now that the game is over. I know there's some OSing and excuses in that, but I really do hope people learned that if you wanna win, you can't do that shit. Hard MU numbers and viability cut offs exist, just I haven't noticed as much focus on that until it mattered recently.

I'd like to get to the point where somebody just says "If your character has enough bad MUs and you wanna win, switch or learn counterpicks." The future of fighting games lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom