• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perro

i thought it was supposed to be the next KOF. :s oh well!
I have a question, sorta.
You guys think these indy developers making/marketing a "very inspired from beloved old game" games kinda hurts the game itself, even if plays nothing like the old said game?

I have a question, sorta.
You guys think these indy developers making/marketing a "very inspired from beloved old game" games kinda hurts the game itself, even if plays nothing like the old said game?

i can say for sure they lost me with the character models of the males. so subdued and bland :s

as for the "inspired by old games" its hard for me to pinpoint what that means. cause old games to me can vary from sf2 to MK1 or art of fighting. And the one theme all those games had was simple mechanics with hard hitting buttons. which im not as fond of in my age.

just had to login and get yams with that splosion

man fightcade feels rough with this gamestop 360 controller :/

supers specials aint easy.

Perro

i can say for sure they lost me with the character models of the males. so subdued and bland :s

as for the "inspired by old games" its hard for me to pinpoint what that means. cause old games to me can vary from sf2 to MK1 or art of fighting. And the one theme all those games had was simple mechanics with hard hitting buttons. which im not as fond of in my age.
I mean like Marvel 2>Schoolgirls and 3S>Yata and the chinese kof ripoff(at least that game had actual kof chararcters tho).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Damn, how could you do me like that. Alright, guess we'll scrub it up tomorrow.

im sorry fam
jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

GGs on 3rd strike.

Astarte how was my Q? or my oro? DA SWEEP THE FLOOR GRAB! So Sexy!

i tried to focus so many things. and the spacing of 3rd strike is so hard to get back to. its either all or none with some movement options

ggs. I need to play more Street Fighter. I can't believe Alex's bomb beats Oro's super AWWYEAH

RockTurtle your Q put the fear of God into me :[ your Oro scrubbed my ass to the floor into some other dimension

of course alex's q bomb beat my Oro command super. I'm a GUY player. i'm used to all my crap either whiffing in 2nd hit or getting beaten by something else.

Astarte

Repose past Ryu Switch:
RockTurtle at any time:

ggs. I need to play more Street Fighter. I can't believe Alex's bomb beats Oro's super AWWYEAH

RockTurtle your Q put the fear of God into me :[ your Oro scrubbed my ass to the floor into some other dimension

Ugh...this thing.
Tried and wasted a whole year on this thing. Wanna know why it died?
  • Essentially built from the ground up to be a ring out fighter like Soul Calibur. Folks like me were interested in it for 2.5d fighters with a stage wall like SFIV or other stuff. Took the creator forever to get this one thing in...sets the tone for all updates to come
  • the public CANNOT access the source code to customize this engine. We get the equivalent of a spreadsheet to edit variables in. Its the creators baby and apparently whatever you wanna make is okay so long as it doesn't deviate too hard from whatever he sees fit to add himself.
  • Got strung along for MONTHS about various features through the english contact person. Later read in his own youtube comments saying to someone else that asked bout the same features that they weren't a priority. They tell me for months to keep working on my stuff because "its coming" and then say its not a priority? Fuck that kind of shit.
  • The thing is in japanese and it only gets translated SLOWLY. What is translated is translated very hit or miss so the variables you can edit are more trial and error than straight forward. Considering you have to struggle for basic functional things like configuring walls you may as well start over elsewhere.

Yeah...its a free to use 3d engine you can dump into like Mugen. Then struggle forever to find the variable (if its one he thinks you should be able to edit) in the spreadsheet. You can make fighters just not a very customizable one the last time I touched it.

Folks don't mention it because we all got fed up with it not being allowed to do anything and not getting updates and not having anything in a language we can use. Switched to Universal Fighting Engine in Unity which is a GUI that has a fuckton more support, and features in Unity with complete source code access. Doubt many people will bother with EF-12 unless the dude changes the user interactivity a TON and gets someone doing a solid job translating it.

what a shame.

what are you guys playing on? im playing on a crappy 3rd party gamestop 360 controller. i couldnt do crap on 2nd player side.

SF4TE for Xbox 360. Worked great on the PS5 beta for PC. Still rocking the Cthulhu dualmod for PS3 in there as well, but in 360 mode the game instantly recognized everything.

mbpm1

I fell for the "We'll play after 9" mixup by Yams

NEVER AGAIN

Also USf4 is super fucking dumb sometimes

After playing SFV the power lights have in this game is like

K, psn: dominus_what. I'm so so (don't really know how I stand tbh). Slightly above scrub? Who do you play?
Oh, on PSN? I thought you meant Fightcade. Sorry mate. :-/

I don't play anyone, but I'd play the game just to mess around with someone else who doesn't know what they're doing.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom