• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

no, but haunts said to send them vids of RQers so they can punish them
That's kinda stupid, unless they're just saying this to discourage people from RQ and won't actually do anything about it until a patch is ready. Video editing could make this a much bigger problem for both Capcom and players than RQ is right now. Surely someone at Capcom thought of this before writing that, but then again, they didn't think about dealing with RQs until now, even though people have been complaining about it since the first working beta! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

miku

That's kinda stupid, unless they're just saying this to discourage people from RQ and won't actually do anything about it until a patch is ready. Video editing could make this a much bigger problem for both Capcom and players than RQ is right now.

Hmm... video editing... haven't thought about that

Does that mean everyone could potentially be a ragequitter now?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The girl next to Choco sounds like she's not right in the mind.

Ragequit system should be like Tekken. Ban their accounts or make a joke of it in some way. Give them a permanent title.

The girl next to Choco sounds like she's not right in the mind.

Ragequit system should be like Tekken. Ban their accounts or make a joke of it in some way. Give them a permanent title.
Tekken Tag 2's system is perfect. Not only do rage quiters get a loss, they get marked with disconnect ratio that everyone can see before they choose to accept the match.

Those wrestlers are talking about the Daigo/Lupe match. Daigo is so Hollywood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8G4K369S-E

Disappointed in them not referring to him as God.
MWjd01Z.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think Cindi would body all of them. I don't know how entertained casuals can be in fighting games when all they do is mash and have no idea how to do anything.

GorillaJu

I think Cindi would body all of them. I don't know how entertained casuals can be in fighting games when all they do is mash and have no idea how to do anything.

Yeah I don't understand it either. When I play any kind of game, I wanna get a relatively deep understanding of the mechanics. But ltos of people don't play games to master them, just to have silly fun I guess.

god I lost sooo many games today in ranked SF5, but felt like I was improving. I took 1 game off a 3200 LP dude, and should have beat the other two Silver/Super Silver guys I encountered. I play much better against higher level opposition. It's the dudes doing shit that you really shouldn't do that really fuck me up. Stuck around ~1500 and losing to people when I should be beating them. Not because I'm better but because I flub crush counter punishes, fuck up things like accidentally crouching when I really don't mean to, my wrist just angles wrong, etc.

Fraeon

Might as well ask here as well:

Are the Madcatz Fightstick Alpha buttons soldered in or are there quick disconnects for them? Also, is it possible to fit a Crown 303-FK in one without any issues?

The second question is pretty specific but I've found conflicting answers to the first question.

I didn't really see the entertainment in the Daigo vs Lupe match either but lots of people see it as more entertaining to see these matches like the WWE. The storyline matters more than the actual contents of the match.

Wallach

Might as well ask here as well:

Are the Madcatz Fightstick Alpha buttons soldered in or are there quick disconnects for them? Also, is it possible to fit a Crown 303-FK in one without any issues?

The second question is pretty specific but I've found conflicting answers to the first question.

They're soldered so you'd need to solder on your own QDs if you replace the buttons.

Dunno about a Crown 303-FK. My guess is it's probably too deep.

Fraeon

Bah, lame. No idea why they'd do that.

The only reason I bought Fightstick SEs was that they're the perfect size for me and I could replace the parts without issue.

Haunts asking us to snitch? Not a good look

I think the opposite. It tells me that they are super active (in communicating latest updates) and listening to the community's concerns. The game has only been out for two weeks and although it's not the best solution long-term, it's something temporary. It tells me that they care about online matchmaking integrity.

It's similar to CS:GO where you report a player with a replay id, the team reviews and gives punishment based on evidence received. It's outta the players hands after that, just report it and move on the next match.

You could make arguments about how this should already be implemented in the game etc. But I feel this it's the next best step to say ''we have a temporary method/fix and are working on a permanent solution" instead of just "we are aware, this will be addressed in a future patch (no ETA at this time)". Hey, at least we got something in-place. Hopefully it works also as a warning by capcom being vocal about it. Players quitting will realize "dang, there's a good chance I'll be penalized retroactively if I ragequit" after seeing capcom's update statements.

So you don't play ranked?

For good competition you do lobbies, it's better than ranked.
True

It's just better for me because I don't want to switch back and forth between my laptop and PC, so I just play ranked where I never chat with anyone.
Casual match making is tied to LP? If that's true that is pretty stupid.
Some stronger players might not be interested in 800LP players that are probably butt.
Frauds higher ranked need to be punished more severely imo

https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/701888203230420993
So blatant

So sad

Mika deserves better.

Sayad

Frauds higher ranked need to be punished more severely imo

https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/701888203230420993
That's kinda stupid, unless they're just saying this to discourage people from RQ and won't actually do anything about it until a patch is ready. Video editing could make this a much bigger problem for both Capcom and players than RQ is right now. Surely someone at Capcom thought of this before writing that, but then again, they didn't think about dealing with RQs until now, even though people have been complaining about it since the first working beta! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Punishing people will be opening the floodgates. Every salty rage quitter is a simple video edit away from getting his revenge, and then the integrity of each video will be questioned.

Don't believe Capcom can even do it since this assumes that Capcom have a system in place to punish people, which is a hilarious idea considering they didn't even think about dealing with RQ until now. The other way to do it will be someone digging into CFN data base deducting points or banning people manually, which seems like more work than writing a small code that count disconnecting during a match as a loss!

Hi, does anyone know how to get a fightstick working with a PC? Online I'm getting mixed information. Some say it requires this thing http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFJZGG/?tag=neogaf0e-20, but others suggest other methods, but I haven't found anything that works for me.

I have this fightstick, but it's for PS3 and I'm running Windows 8.

I tried using spc driver to install it, but it doesn't work.

It's an old TE, old TEs have issues with some USB chipsets, so the advice to buy a compatible one is sound.

That's not a usual thing with fightsticks, it's specific to those early Mad Catz sticks and got fixed later.

NEO0MJ

Hi, does anyone know how to get a fightstick working with a PC? Online I'm getting mixed information. Some say it requires this thing http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFJZGG/?tag=neogaf0e-20, but others suggest other methods, but I haven't found anything that works for me.

I have this fightstick, but it's for PS3 and I'm running Windows 8.

I tried using spc driver to install it, but it doesn't work.

What Coffeeling says is right. My old TE stick wouldn't work on my laptop but because I couldn't change anything in my laptop I had to buy a Cthulu PCB for my stick.

It's an old TE, old TEs have issues with some USB chipsets, so the advice to buy a compatible one is sound.

That's not a usual thing with fightsticks, it's specific to those early Mad Catz sticks and got fixed later.

What Coffeeling says is right. My old TE stick wouldn't work on my laptop but because I couldn't change anything in my laptop I had to buy a Cthulu PCB for my stick.

Well fuck!

They should do what Dota 2 does, if you rage quit a lot you get put into a special matchmaking pool with all the other rage quitters so you can play with people that are more inline with your playstyle.

notworksafe

They should do what Dota 2 does, if you rage quit a lot you get put into a special matchmaking pool with all the other rage quitters so you can play with people that are more inline with your playstyle.

KI does this by putting folks in Jail. TBF the system was pretty broken at first but I feel like it's improved since S2

Wouldn't that mean that they would be able to climb the ladder without playing the vast majority of the players out there?

pizzacat

Banned
Man there's no need for any new rule, just give them a ban and keep on upping the time on that ban each time they do get banned

I play with some sore loser on halo and buddy got banned for 8 hours lmao

Or if you really want something new, charge them FM to get back from a ban

Wouldn't that mean that they would be able to climb the ladder without playing the vast majority of the players out there?

LPQ doesn't give points

It's just a 5 game penalty you have to play in order to be allowed back into the normal queue, and if you ragequit those then the penalty gets extended. It's even worse in DOTA because you're playing with 9 people who also did something to get sent to the home of infinite losers

LPQ doesn't give points

It's just a 5 game penalty you have to play in order to be allowed back into the normal queue, and if you ragequit those then the penalty gets extended. It's even worse in DOTA because you're playing with 9 people who also did something to get sent to the home of infinite losers
Oh damn, that is a good idea then.

LPQ doesn't give points

LMAO that's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom