• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunpealD

Some on gaming side got nearly 200k point just doing the story mode stuff, and it took just under 2 hours. This isn't counting daily challenges or however else you can earn points. But lol ZTS.

Finished Ryu story, Survival easy(10 rounds) and medium(30 rounds). This got me 26000 FM including level ups. If this is about the same for every other character then you can get 400k quite easy initially. There is also the question whether the coming combo trials are also giving FM or not.

Disappointed that Capcom doesn't seem to give a shit about the CPT. Because there isn't even a leaflet, inside the retail packaging, telling people about it and it's events. Even inside the game, there seems to be nothing.
They probably also should have included 1 month of twitch capcom fighters subscription to every day 1 SFV copy, because limiting it to CE seems like a bad joke at best.

Opening CG Trailer is the short one. Maybe they should also include an alternative trailer like the TV Spot to advertise the competitive circuit. As well as offering an optional attract mode in the future that plays recordings of hype tournament matches, using in-game replay with recorded commentary to keep filesize small.

That's good. Hopefully there are no after effects or anything, seemed to be really nasty.

A friend of mine pointed this out but I was wondering if anyone had ever experimented with this ...

What would stop a Ryu from doing a wakeup Blocked DP -> V-triggering it on block -> Denjin Hadouken for an unblockable?

Can Ryu V-trigger cancel his DP on block? Is there enough time before the V-trigger animation finishes to instantly punish him? If there isn't can you jump out of the startup of Denjin to avoid the unblockable?

xCobalt

A friend of mine pointed this out but I was wondering if anyone had ever experimented with this ...

What would stop a Ryu from doing a wakeup Blocked DP -> V-triggering it on block -> Denjin Hadouken for an unblockable?

Can Ryu V-trigger cancel his DP on block? Is there enough time before the V-trigger animation finishes to instantly punish him? If there isn't can you jump out of the startup of Denjin to avoid the unblockable?

Denjin isn't unblockable.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure you can't cancel specials into V-Trigger on block.

Otherwise this would just be another form of FADC make DPs safe mechanic that they are trying to move away from.

You CAN do it with Bison though, I just didn't bother testing it much in the last beta with other characters. You can absolutely do Bison's Inferno -> V-Trigger cancel on hit or block

Denjin isn't unblockable.

It has that knockback effect on block while V-Triggered though doesn't it? Free sweep after the fact?

Beckx

Otherwise this would just be another form of FADC make DPs safe mechanic that they are trying to move away from.

Vega can cancel blocked sweep into v-trigger to make it safe.

edit: bleh, sorry, multitasking and didn't see special

-Ryu can't V-Trigger cancel his DP

-If Ryu is already in V Trigger mode and does DP > Denjin Hadoken, his opponents can escape it if they have one V trigger bar to V Reversal out of it

-Even if you don't have a bar to V reversal and end up being forced to block a DP > Denjin Hadoken, don't worry, the follow up damage is scaled to hell.

I'm not completely sure what it is but I think it starts a 50%. So a sweep would do 45 damage, if he catches you in the corner and does cr. HP, HP SRK it will only do 101 damage. I know for a fact that if Ryu catches you with a charged fireball in denjin mode then the follow up starts at 60% and I remember for that a blocked denjin is even lower. So unless you're very close to death you will likely survive the situation.

-Ryu can't V-Trigger cancel his DP

-If Ryu is already in V Trigger mode and does DP > Denjin Hadoken, his opponents can escape it if they have one V trigger bar to V Reversal out of it

-Even if you don't have a bar to V reversal and end up being forced to block a DP > Denjin Hadoken, don't worry, the follow up damage is scaled to hell.

I'm not completely sure what it is but I think it starts a 50%. So a sweep would do 45 damage, if he catches you in the corner and does cr. HP, HP SRK it will only do 101 damage. I know for a fact that if Ryu catches you with a charged fireball in denjin mode then the follow up starts at 60% and I remember for that a blocked denjin is even lower. So unless you're very close to death you will likely survive the situation.

That's reassuring, thanks for breaking that down for me.

That's reassuring, thanks for breaking that down for me.

One other thing I forgot to mention, the Denjin critical art doesn't guard break no where near as long as a charged denjin fireball. A charged denjin gives you all day, you can dash twice and still go for a full punish. With the critical art version, you're only +8(according to Gilley's frame data). So unless the Ryu player has his opponent cornered, all he can get is a sweep because I don't think anything else reaches or is fast enough.

Since the scaling is so high my idea is that if I ever land a mid screen charged fireball then I'm going to follow up with st. HK > throw. That's 174 damage, which is a little better than 147 you'd get from a max punish.

I just said this as well on Twitter, but I'm also dropping a gauntlet here:

Birdie is S+ tier in SFV. I want people to try and prove me wrong and show why he's actually awful.

My arguments:

EX Bull Horn punishing fireballs and other slow specials from half screen on reaction for huge damage (w/ V trigger).
His set of buttons all compliment each other, counter-poking and poking amazingly well.
Did I mention his damage?
Probably the best AA in the game thanks to cr.hp and cr.mp

And the greatest special move in the game: the almighty banana.

I was playing against a Ken today at a friend's house. He's on chip kill, I'm standing on a banana. He wakes up and I let him jump. I let him hit me. I let him land and start his ground combo. He cancels into lk tatsu.

Like ballet, Ken's foot gracefully lands on the banana as he finishes the tatsu. 10 points of damage are dealt. Ken gets KO'd by hitting a combo.

The Almighty Banana is the most powerful thing in the game.

Things that the Almighty Banana does not fear:

1. Fireballs - they go over it.
2. Limbs - any limb that interacts with the Almighty Banana causes the limb's owner to slip, combo-breaking.

The only way to get rid of the Almighty Banana is to wait it out, or - if you're Birdie - throwing your own banana or can at it.

(Necalli's pound might also remove it idk)

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY BANANA
BREAKER OF COMBOS
FILLER OF V-TRIGGER METER
WHOSE YELLOW FRONDS BRING FEAR TO THE HEARTS OF INATTENTIVE PLAYERS EVERYWHERE

I'm going to bed now.

vocab

Birdie is pretty strong defensively, and has great buttons, but hes very susceptible to fake crossups because of his model size. Plus his jab is 5 frames? Ya... I don't see him being top. Not saying hes awful.

Once people are in complete control of blowing up buttons, Birdie won't seem as good. As ever, defensive tactics are always super-strong at the beginning of a game's lifespan.

Birdie, like Bison, is immensely powerful -if he works the clock with a life lead-. Forcing people to deal with bananas, chains, EX dives, and his command normals is genuinely strong, especially against non-fireball characters (who have nothing to do but try to fight it). Players looking to outplay Birdies should try to play super-safe at the beginning of every round and hone their reactions to make EX dive a less attractive option.

ElTopo

Banned
Birdie is pretty strong defensively, and has great buttons, but hes very susceptible to fake crossups because of his model size. Plus his jab is 5 frames? Ya... I don't see him being top. Not saying hes awful.

It doesn't matter because his 2MP is a GDLK AA and stops crossups.

Street Fighter V RIP 2016-2016

Frame rate drops and two person lobbies to piss off hardcore, limited single player content to piss off casuals.

When's Ultra?

That's good for her I suppose. Was hoping her throw range would get buffed though.

Right now on SRK we're discussing Chun's offensive capabilities and a lot of people are worried she has no options to open up turtles, especially because of a slow overhead. Some also think 5MP/St.MP is lacking in range. This ignores that her 6MP/F+MP is godlike of course.

Most agree that Chun has the tools to do mostly everything but she excels in no particular area.

As people adjust to the game people think Chun will be a lot harder to play as. I'm fine with that.

I don't mind playing a footsies character who only opens people up with throws. That's Kitana's game. I just hated her throw range in the last beta. Felt like it was so bad it was beyond an intentional nerf. Maybe I'll get used to it and her walk speed makes up for it.

Sayad

Nope. Just 4.

Anyway, Dragon's Nest is currently my favorite stage now in Tekken 7. Looks amazing both with and without the rain.

CTYV5fM.gif

nHEi2Lk.gif
You don't see much of it in those gifs, but yea, Dragon's Nest is by far the best stage of any fighting game this gen.

Osu 16 Bit, when you get the game work on your Sbk cancel combos. A good bnb is St.MP, Cr.MK XX SBK. Try to practice shooting a kikoksn after the sbk just in case. Sbk has incredible pushback.

Can't wait to test to see if legs can combo into sbk.

Should be getting my stick the day of SFV release. I'm gonna suck!

.la1n

Loving the music in Tekken 7 FR. Glad there's another developer besides IG that understand the importance of music in fighting games.

I never tried the SBK combos in beta. I'm curious to see how tough it is.

I've been wondering who Luffy will use since Rose is out. I'm guessing Chun or Laura.

Coda

You don't see much of it in those gifs, but yea, Dragon's Nest is by far the best stage of any fighting game this gen.

Tekken 7 looks amazing. I was never huge into Tekken, always liked it but never played it too serious but I'm gonna try and get gud with 7.

Sayad

Dragon Nest is an updated T5 stage right?
Yep.

Osu 16 Bit, when you get the game work on your Sbk cancel combos. A good bnb is St.MP, Cr.MK XX SBK. Try to practice shooting a kikoksn after the sbk just in case. Sbk has incredible pushback.
Speaking of which, was trying cr.LP, st.MP, cr.MK xx 3K-SPK and every time a HK-SPK comes out instead of an EX one, even if you have enough meter, looks like EX SPK require longer charge time than regular ones in SFV!

Can't wait to test to see if legs can combo into sbk.
cr.HP xx LK-Legs, cr.LP xx LK-SPK combos.

FACE

Banned

Ken can cancel blocked DP(punishable) and Bison can cancel blocked Psycho Inferno with v-trigger activation.

So I never actually bothered to do anything more than mash buttons in Tekken, but this Tekken Tag 2 tutorial is incredible. Infinitely more respect and appreciation for Harada and the development team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom