• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Speaking of which, was trying cr.LP, st.MP, cr.MK xx 3K-SPK and every time a HK-SPK comes out instead of an EX one, even if you have enough meter, looks like EX SPK require longer charge time than regular ones in SFV!

Yeah I was confused why sometimes my ex sbk wasn't coming during heavy pressure.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Reading some of the stuff from Chun-li. As a character, historically, she hasn't been one to open people up, she is a more defensive character with great footsies. Sure you can play her aggressively and it would work. If you can't open the person up, then that's the issue of the player, not the character. The game will progress in time and tiers will be adjusted but for now, everyone has a strong chance at the infancy of the game.

Once people are in complete control of blowing up buttons, Birdie won't seem as good. As ever, defensive tactics are always super-strong at the beginning of a game's lifespan.

Birdie, like Bison, is immensely powerful -if he works the clock with a life lead-. Forcing people to deal with bananas, chains, EX dives, and his command normals is genuinely strong, especially against non-fireball characters (who have nothing to do but try to fight it). Players looking to outplay Birdies should try to play super-safe at the beginning of every round and hone their reactions to make EX dive a less attractive option.

I play Necalli each time I see a Birdie. V-trigger is very powerful if you have a full stick of butter and can punish a lot of the stuff Birdie does with a super.

Street Fighter V RIP 2016-2016

Frame rate drops and two person lobbies to piss off hardcore, limited single player content to piss off casuals.

When's Ultra?

The hardcore is falling in love with the game, frame rate drops and all. Played 7 hours of SFV today at a local, it feels good once you get used to it. Two person lobbies won't mean much for the hardcore cause the hardcore will religiously play the game offline in their locals, online warriors can level up in ranked until bigger lobbies are patched in. The casual fanbase still has versus and survival, so it isn't the end of the world. The reason why people still play a fighting game is not because of the story, but because two people can play it.

Reading some of the stuff from Chun-li. As a character, historically, she hasn't been one to open people up, she is a more defensive character with great footsies. Sure you can play her aggressively and it would work. If you can't open the person up, then that's the issue of the player, not the character. The game will progress in time and tiers will be adjusted but for now, everyone has a strong chance at the infancy of the game..

Yeah that's why I'm not worried about it.

BakedYams said:
The hardcore is falling in love with the game, frame rate drops and all. Played 7 hours of SFV today at a local, it feels good once you get used to it. Two person lobbies won't mean much for the hardcore cause the hardcore will religiously play the game offline in their locals, online warriors can level up in ranked until bigger lobbies are patched in. The casual fanbase still has versus and survival, so it isn't the end of the world. The reason why people still play a fighting game is not because of the story, but because two people can play it.

Bad conclusion on par of your assumption that hardcore only play ranked when a lot of us stick endless lobbies between just two or three people. The lobby issue isn't a big deal to me because I hate playing with lots of people anyways. Fuck waiting.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Bad conclusion on par of your assumption that hardcore only play ranked when a lot of us stick endless lobbies between just two or three people. The lobby issue isn't a big deal to me because I hate playing with lots of people anyways. Fuck waiting.

I wasn't trying to make an assumption, I thought it was self-explanatory that online warriors can play ranked to play against multiple characters and do lobbies with one person until bigger lobbies are patched in.

Mid size lobbies (3-5) are far superior to ranked when playing online imo. I do like being able to set BO3/5/7 in a lobby but the limit of two people is just dumb. Frame drops are 100% inexcusable.

Well of course, no ones saying that ranked > bigger lobbies lol

notworksafe

Mid size lobbies (3-5) are far superior to ranked when playing online imo. I do like being able to set BO3/5/7 in a lobby but the limit of two people is just dumb. Frame drops are 100% inexcusable.

notworksafe

Well of course, no ones saying that ranked > bigger lobbies lol

Exactly. Two things that appeal to the more hardcore, proper lobbies and a constant 60fps, aren't included at launch. Just like stuff that appeals to casuals, single player content and a story, isn't included at launch. Capcom isn't appealing to anyone here.

Hell even some of that single player content can appeal to the hardcore too. I enjoy running through trials.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Exactly. Two things that appeal to the more hardcore, proper lobbies and a constant 60fps, aren't included at launch. Just like stuff that appeals to casuals, single player content and a story, isn't included at launch. Capcom isn't appealing to anyone here.

Hell even some of that single player content can appeal to the hardcore too. I enjoy running through trials.

Well appealing or not, folks are gonna still play the game at a barebones stage. I don't see why the minus story is so off putting. I mean I understand, it sucks not having story, but people aren't buying the game just for story lol, they are buying it cause its a versus game. Now the lobby thing is inexcusable, plus shitty story art.

Rhapsody

Banned
I really liked how SFIV allowed both players to choose rematch after a match has ended. SFV only allows one person to. It was nice before because sometimes one person just needs a little breather and think before the next match of the set.

Edit: I'm just talking about offline. Nothing to do with the topic above lol

Bizazedo

Just got an email that my copy of SFVay be delayed from Amazon. RIP the dream.

Hello,

We’re contacting you about order ############. We recently learned there will be a delay receiving the product from the manufacturer that may prevent us from delivering "Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition" by February 16. We're very sorry about this.

vaderno.gif.

Sayah

None yet lol,I am just messing with the tutorial. So far all I know is that this game has decent presentation and sense of humour.
In that, you can try the following just as a sample.

Pick Nina/Anna:

Nina: qcf+1
Nina: u/f+ 2,1
Nina: press tag button for Anna
Anna: qcf+ 2,1
Nina: qcf+2

And that's a very simple tag combo.

For reference, Tekken notation is as follows:
1 = left punch (square on the dualshock)
2 = right punch (triangle on the dualshock)
3 = left kick (X on the dualshock)
4 = right kick (circle on the dualshock)

Sheroking

Mid size lobbies (3-5) are far superior to ranked when playing online imo.

Can't agree with that at all, unless you're playing with buddies.

Ranked gives you an opportuntiy to play more matches against more styles. Better learning tool by far, and with a better way to gauge your progress. Also, waiting like 5-10 minutes for your next match when you lose is pretty shit.

I bet the ratio of ranked vs endless in SF4 was like 5:1 for ranked at least. Expect it to be even bigger in a game with better netcode.

Shun

Revelator Console is adding 3 new character.

Kum Haehyun, Dizzy, and one more.

Might be someone new, might be someone returning.
CbJuPQ3UsAAefFG.jpg:large

Dizzy got confirmed?! YES!

If the third is someone returning, I think it will only happen with a storyline character. They already introduced 2 completely new characters, and I think a third would sour people. So Paradigm, Raven, etc.

Marz

Amazon sent me an email about delays for my sfv copy? Wtf i took off work 3 days for this.

Maybe ill cancel and see if gamestop has a copy.

Hi. First time poster to these threads here. I was hoping to get some help in understanding something.

Are cross-ups an accidental creation like combos were? I can't find anything to confirm this and I also don't know which game they originated from. I'm assuming SF2 World Warrior but I want to be sure.

Hi. First time poster to these threads here. I was hoping to get some help in understanding something.

Are cross-ups an accidental creation like combos were? I can't find anything to confirm this and I also don't know which game they originated from. I'm assuming SF2 World Warrior but I want to be sure.
They exist in SF2, and given that every character has one hitbox that crosses up on jump-in, my assumption is that they were intentional.

Is SFV's multiplayer going to be region locked? I'm looking into buying SFV from the US PS Store, but I don't want to be locked into only playing against US players.

Needs to be someone returning and preferably one of the high ranking characters from the poll. This is your chance to right your wrongs, ASW. Do it for Baiken.

Goddamit.

What should I do?

Pre-ordered on Amazon. Put 175 in my Paypal account to pay for my stick and send money to friend who has Amazon Prime to pre-order for me for the discount. Stick is on the way but SFV is delayed on Amazon.

We're at a point where my friend may not be able to cancel the Amazon pre order.

If he can, what should I do to get SFV on day one?

Digital is one option but I've really wanted to get a physical copy. PSN supports Paypal.

Money in my bank account is for ADULT STUFF right now so I can't use that money.

When my friend send me the money back in Paypal, it'll day days to get back into my bank account for me to use it, which is way past when I want to get SFV.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting the digital version downgrade.

Goddamit.

What should I do?

Pre-ordered on Amazon. Put 175 in my Paypal account to pay for my stick and send money to friend who has Amazon Prime to pre-order for me for the discount. Stick is on the way but SFV is delayed on Amazon.

We're at a point where my friend may not be able to cancel the Amazon pre order.

Digital is one option but I've really wanted to get a physical copy. PSN supports Paypal.

Money in my bank account is for ADULT STUFF right now so I can't use that money.

When my friend send me the money back in Paypal, it'll day days to get back into my bank account for me to use it, which is way past when I want to get SFV.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting the digital version downgrade.

Walk into a best buy/gamestop/walmart/etc. and buy it from there as soon as the store opens, then just return the amazon copy when it arrives. It's what I did when Amazon sent Bayo 2 four days late.

Amazon 20% off is cool, but I greatly prefer Best Buy since they have the 20% off GCU deal and haven't fucked up a preorder yet.

Walk into a best buy/gamestop/walmart/etc. and buy it from there as soon as the store opens, then just return the amazon copy when it arrives. It's what I did when Amazon sent Bayo 2 four days late.

Amazon 20% off is cool, but I greatly prefer Best Buy since they have the 20% off GCU deal and haven't fucked up a preorder yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Goddamit.

What should I do?

Just get it digitally if you can and see about getting a hard copy later on if you still care to have it on your shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom