• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having my daughter using my phone while I am trying new characters makes me realize how poor SFV is in terms of learning bnbs or cc.

Feel like you need outside resources to be successful. It's a fighting network, give me some bnbs

Having my daughter using my phone while I am trying new characters makes me realize how poor SFV is in terms of learning bnbs or cc.

Feel like you need outside resources to be successful. It's a fighting network, give me some bnbs

Well that depends on the character. Ryu's BNBs are like all 3 buttons tops, a medium, then it's either another medium and a special cancel or cr.HP and then a special cancel.

People are kind of right in saying that SFV is simple when it comes to combos, there are only a couple of simple BnBs and it's mainly about learning how you can punish various things your opponents do.

Compared to ASW games where you need to know how to convert into a proper combo from a number of various situations like jab hits, anti air hits, throws/command throws, various combo routes that start with the pokes your character has.

I think the problem isn't that SFV is poor about it, but rather this doesn't exist in SFV at all. Challenge mode should address that which should be out this month, except we have no idea when.

Uraizen

Banned
Still being discussed but rough chart.

CcTZ4KUUkAAeZOE.jpg:orig

Kagura, what are you doing down there? Get your ass back up.

Nobody even showed what the Raven's super armor/ special meter gimmick does.

But he seems really mobile. Has projectiles that move him back, Raven players got a lot of milage out of delayed air dash into combo knock down. Seems like he can bait out stuff and punish or capitalize on openings.

I remember reading something about how the meter increases when he takes damage or something like that. I didn't pay attention to it in the video so I could be wrong on that.

Also Kum is supposed to have follow ups to her specials but we didn't get to see any of that. Hopefully next time they show them off the players will have had time to develop some tech/learn what all the moves are.

That was the first time ogawa played Raven and he mentions that he likes Raven's movement and he likes the range Raven has.

Does Ogawa play anyone other than Zato-1?

I don't think I've seen him use another character before (other than this demonstration).

Shun

Kagura, what are you doing down there? Get your ass back up.

Dude is supposed to be one of the stronger characters in the story, stronger than Ragna. Is fucking garbage in game.

Happy belated birthday Ragna the Loliconedge!

DFW6WdH.jpg

セリカロリじゃない (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

He is straight up siscon but no Celica is his true love.

I remember reading something about how the meter increases when he takes damage or something like that. I didn't pay attention to it in the video so I could be wrong on that.

Also Kum is supposed to have follow ups to her specials but we didn't get to see any of that. Hopefully next time they show them off the players will have had time to develop some tech/learn what all the moves are.

Does Ogawa play anyone other than Zato-1?

I don't think I've seen him use another character before (other than this demonstration).

Competition wise? Other than when he very first started playing he started as Potemkin. No he stick with Eddie/Zato for like 10+ years now.

Casual he has mess around with XX but almost always Zato.

yiW7XZJ.gif

Not just taking damage since you'd think it would be filled to some extent instead of not at all by the time the Raven players lost. You can see it in the last match of the set, where Raven just stands there and armors through a bunch of attacks and the meter fills up.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm guessing left is strongest since I see nine and valkenhyme (sp?)

Good to see platinum in the middle area but leaning towards strong

Oh wait....

:(

Generally it's Y axis for strong to weak while X axis is has faults to well rounded. Although sometimes X axis is BS to honest, but no way that's the case if Izayoi's on the right end lol

Edit: Never mind, I see what you mean lol. Platinum's actually really fun in this version. This iteration none of the characters are unusable or bad. You're always going to see a list in every game, but the cast is quite good this time. People are still struggling where to place a good amount of the characters and that's a good sign.

pizzacat

Banned
Generally it's Y axis for strong to weak while X axis is has faults. Although sometimes X axis is BS to honest, but no way that's the case if Izayoi's on the right end lol
Actually she's what made me notice lol

Response to your edit: yea I have fun with her now in CP. out of all the characters I've tried (hazama, Noel, amane izayoi and valken) I've only really gotten the hang out of this game with platinum and izayoi.

It was my first Blazblue and it hypes me up for the new one

pixelish

off topic but as a malaysian, i'm extremely salty fnatic didn't win match 2 against og. the choke was almost as bad as infiltration vs daigo at capcom cup ughhh

and i'm suprised to see quite a number of posters here who follow competitive dota based on what i've read in the shanghai major thread. thought dahbomb was the only dota head around here.

off topic but as a malaysian, i'm extremely salty fnatic didn't win match 2 against og. the choke was almost as bad as infiltration vs daigo at capcom cup ughhh

and i'm suprised to see quite a number of posters here who follow competitive dota based on what i've read in the shanghai major thread. thought dahbomb was the only dota head around here.

I probably wouldn't have watched this major if it weren't the shitshow it turned out to be, the Frankfurt one was zzzzzz

mbpm1

ur a malaysian?

my parents are from malaysia cool

Dahbomb

Well they won in the end so it's all good.

Also AYY LMAO @ no Chinese teams in a top 4 of a Chinese DOTA major.

CurlyW

Uhh, does that BBCF chart mean that Arakune is good again? If so, that's unfortunate.

I think this one blows the vxg bullshit out of the water. They seemed totally lost, and even Twitch staff had to fly in and help them out.

The Shanghai Major is several orders of magnitude above VxG in terms of importance, though.

Well they won in the end so it's all good.

Also AYY LMAO @ no Chinese teams in a top 4 of a Chinese DOTA major.

Top 8 even.

Dahbomb

Man blue screen of deaths in this DOTA major. What a blow up.

That's why people should temper their expectations with e-sports. We are still going to have stream issues, still going to have heels and non sense drama and still going to have greedy corporations trying nickel and dime the players.

March update will most likely come at the end of March or start of April & will either be partially busted or not have all the content they promised in the updated. At which point everyone will be waiting on the April/May update to fix these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom