• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get how they didn't go with this direction of Fang. You see this pic and then watch his fight entrance cutscenes at the start of matches. Night and day. Look and act like completely different characters.

3XpUSHh.jpg

He looks so badass here.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I feel like I'm already tired of watching this game.

im posting for the first time in like 8 months to tell you all that sfv is garbage and that evo is going to be a massive disappointment this year

bring back sf4

I mean I don't think I'd go as far as to call the game garbage but renting out a fucking stadium to showcase an unproven game that has similar viewability issues to Street Fighter X Tekken was probably not the best idea.

I love fighting games so I hope I'm wrong but I have real serious concerns that the community isn't gonna experience much growth because of this game after the honeymoon is over.

Just about everything physics-related needs some major reworking.

The attack animations, too. Everyone's jab is some sloppy-looking backhand, the game seems full of sloppy, stiff-looking backhands in general, everyone's kicks are the same...

I'd just like for the whole game to get reanimated, more or less. SF4 was far better animated for the most part.

Kumubou

I don't quite get the complaints about SF5 not looking interesting straight out of the gate. Didn't people have these exact same complaints with SF4 when that came came out? Early FG play always looks wack.

The attack animations, too. Everyone's jab is some sloppy-looking backhand, the game seems full of sloppy, stiff-looking backhands in general, everyone's kicks are the same...

I'd just like for the whole game to get reanimated, more or less. SF4 was far better animated for the most part.
It's kind of sad, because the initial reveal of the game looked like it was animated far better than SF4 was... and then it looks like they got clubbed over the head with the game's budget and put out what they did.

Dlent

I think the general consensus at this point is that people are more excited for the boost in community participation and online features than the gameplay itself. But I didn't like SFIV either, so seven more years of this makes no difference to me.

petghost

Banned
I think the general consensus at this point is that people are more excited for the boost in community participation and online features than the gameplay itself. But I didn't like SFIV either, so seven more years of this makes no difference to me.

The question is whether it's gameplay and also very importantly it's appeal to spectators is gonna bring about a real boost in community participation in the long run. How exciting is this game for the kind of fgc swing votes that may or may not get involved? I guess time will tell but personally I don't really see the appeal atm.

Never enjoyed playing it much but Sf4 was a pretty good spectator game tbh. It's systems allowed a lot of exciting shit to happen. I think spectator friendliness is incredibly important nowadays.

BiggNife

Jeez, SFV isn't even officially out yet and people are already deciding it's garbage? I feel like that's a record.

It's like everyone forgot how unbalanced SF4 vanilla was at launch and how it gradually became a way better game

petghost

Banned
Jeez, SFV isn't even officially out yet and people are already deciding it's garbage? I feel like that's a record.

It's like everyone forgot how unbalanced SF4 vanilla was at launch and how it gradually became a way better game

but was it boring?

seriously asking this question cuz i wasnt around.

but yeah you right even if sf5 turns out kinda whack on release they got time to make it a better game as the updates are released.

I feel like I'm already tired of watching this game.

I mean I don't think I'd go as far as to call the game garbage but renting out a fucking stadium to showcase an unproven game that has similar viewability issues to Street Fighter X Tekken was probably not the best idea.

I love fighting games so I hope I'm wrong but I have real serious concerns that the community isn't gonna experience much growth because of this game after the honeymoon is over.

That's actually the thing I'm the most concerned about regarding the game. Not the lack of spectator mode, or story mode.

Sayad

but was it boring?

but yeah you right even if sf5 turns out kinda whack on release they got time to make it a better game as the updates are released.
It was too shallow, easy and boring, a shameful entry in the series after SF3.

BiggNife

but was it boring?

I don't remember ever thinking SF4 was boring but also I don't really think SFV is boring either so I'm not the right person to ask

Like, when I think boring, I think Cross Tekken. I think of matches taking for-fucking-ever and almost always ending in time outs, and combos that all seem similar to each other because every single character does the same damage with normals. Conversely SFV feels much faster and individual characters feel unique. I don't think I've had a single time out in V yet.

I think that the complaints about SFV being boring to watch won't be as prevalent once people actually have more time in the lab and people have more than a beta's worth of experience with each character.

"Jeez, SFV isn't even officially out yet and people are already deciding it's garbage? I feel like that's a record."

Nah, it happened with SF4 as well. It's a cycle.

Tizoc

I just don't get how they didn't go with this direction of Fang. You see this pic and then watch his fight entrance cutscenes at the start of matches. Night and day. Look and act like completely different characters.

3XpUSHh.jpg

He looks so badass here.

Speaking of FANG, his JP voice actor is Shigeru Chiba who voices Buggy in the One Piece anime.

Wallach

"Jeez, SFV isn't even officially out yet and people are already deciding it's garbage? I feel like that's a record."

Nah, it happened with SF4 as well. It's a cycle.

Pretty much. SF5 also had a lot more pre-release hands-on time. I'm actually not terribly concerned about the success of this game.

Hey Count, it looks like Laura can link c.LP after the first hit of her HP target combo. Just saw it on the France stream.

You know somethings wrong when Smash 4 version of Ryu is funner than SFV Ryu..
Smash 4 is more fun than Street Fighter in general. Such a fluid game.

Pretty much. SF5 also had a lot more pre-release hands-on time. I'm actually not terribly concerned about the success of this game.
Yeah, we know what we're getting. If anyone is complaining now, it's like...where have you been?

unless we're in for another dark ages there's no way a numbered SF is going to fail, but if all it does is continue at the same pace as SF4 it would be really disappointing, imo.

All the effort put in to make the game accessible, all the learning/community infrastructure people have been putting together for 7 years, if that doesn't make SF5 a much bigger game than SF4 then I think that's a blowup.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I actually don't recall you complaining all that much.

That said, lol @ the folks who said we shouldn't be talking about the state of the game durings its beta. The final version turned out so different, right?

Been posting more lately because I have more experience with the game now and am more confident in how I feel, but definitely talked about how I already felt bored of the game/feel like it's not a very good spectator game quite a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom