• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
edit: Oh jesus christ. Aris has a 4 piece Valle face emote on Twitch. RIP WNF Chat.

SDKV0vv.png

Aris has to be making some serious bank off these emotes, I see them bloody everywhere now.

CO_Andy

World_Combo, the former #1 ranked SFV player was seen rage quitting. He reached Super Platinum.

Capcom docked his points. Now, last I checked, he was at 675lp.

DAAAAAAMMMNNNNNN
Guess this means Art is back to #1. Probably the last time we'll ever see a FANG at the top spot.

Tripon

You know, somebody gonna start a fist fight as soon as somebody finds out that a random person at a tournament spent all their unused fight money on outfits that be or she was saving for DLC characters

Shun

So what's the story if he shed any light?

It's a private matter that shouldn't be pried into too much for right now. Gotta respect until their are ready and comfortable to share.
He only got back home last night and he's sleeping at the moment.

Judging from the conversations it seems like he has been wandering around until one of his colleagues/friends found him and took him in back.

A lot of the past few tweets are just his wife being really worried saying that he will always have a home to come back to and that she has dinner prepared and ready for him. Stuff like she is getting his stuff ready for when he goes to work and saying she needs to go get kimchi for his dinner.

understandably she was pretty worried and did what she could and now she's answering people who retweeted her missing notice and people asking if she and her husband are safe and okay.

She just tweeted that Hayao, her husband, is sleeping right now so it seems like he's okay for the time being.

Uraizen

Banned
Tenchi's Izayoi Matchup Record

How he does against other characters and what the matchup seems to be for Izayoi vs the rest of the cast. The lack of mains and matches within his area contributes to why it is harder to find a concrete answer.

Yeah, this BB is very hard to figure out how to place the majority of the cast. I'm rather pleased with that since it shows that we're still trying to figure out the game this far in with character's we're familiar with. As for me, my knowledge on it is still limited. It's isolated to just the CF play here in SoCal while seeing JP match videos. Not the best, but I'm able to form my own opinion on what I do know.

I look forward to hearing regular updates about BBCF until console release from you two. This particular version of BB has me very interested in how things will turn out and change throughout its lifetime.
For godsake, Arc, let this one sit for a while for once.

peter0611

Art's stream remind me that BBCE is out on Stream. I'm glad that they're (slowly) releasing these games on PC. I'm not dedicated enough to fighters to buy a console just to play them
I'm going to buy Wii U mainly for the new Zelda

One thing about playing SFV ranked that really surprised me is the "testing" process you go through for every opponent, because my fighting game experience is almost all in long sets with one person or a rotating lobby or a bunch of strangers around an arcade machine. Now I have to start each match figuring out if this guy can anti-air, can he tech throws, does he jump if I don't do anything, does he mash buttons during block strings, does he mash throw on wakeup, etc, and really have a checklist of things I need to look for.

I mean, it's a really basic fighting game skill, I just was never in a situation where I had to constantly apply it or make a flowchart out of it til this game.

WTF! I had no idea about this and nobody has mentioned it until now.
And somehow I forget to mention that I'm glad he's alright, the details beyond that are not my business.

I posted that shit earlier. Figured no one cared about Hayao because no one responded.

jerry1594

I posted that shit earlier. Figured no one cared about Hayao because no one responded.
I don't read this thread much so I didn't see it but I mean from other 3s guys. Since it's really a local private matter it's understandable no Japan player would pass it on to someone here, but it's Hayao so initially it came as a shocker that no one had mentioned it.

Line_HTX

You know, somebody gonna start a fist fight as soon as somebody finds out that a random person at a tournament spent all their unused fight money on outfits that be or she was saving for DLC characters

Man, if that happens I hope Big E throws them out of the venue Jazz style.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I really hope there is a way to buy colors and alts. No way I'm going to spend dozens of hours to unlock them.

jerry1594

He probably is. There's more than enough players playing sf5 anyway, why not focus on players making names for themselves in the arcades netplay instead? There's many sick players like Ai Ai that go unknown forever due to not traveling or being at a gc with a stream. Dude is probably busy with life anyway, he doesn't show up to much other than Coop.

pizzacat

Banned
Since 3 comes after IV Elena must have fallen on hard times
She did go to school in 3

"In her ending, Elena ends up being transferred to a high school in Japan as an exchange student, where she has befriended a young Japanese girl named Narumi and writes home to her parents about her experiences. Her story does not change much in 2nd Impact, although she has an additional role as one of Hugo's potential partners in one of his multiple endings as "Elena the Wilderness Warrior", becoming the tag team of "Beauty and the Beast"."

So retcons I guess?

ShinMaruku

I think you guys should discount 3. But yeah she and Makoto and Ibuki are kinda in the same school. Although Ibuki is older so is about to be a college lady like Karin and Sakura
Fuck Sakura's school girl outfit.

Beckx

So retcons I guess?

You can't really look at the ending of one character as retconning the ending of a different character...the problem is that SF endings in prior games were never internally consistent so you generally had no idea which was "real." Like it's unlikely that Gil made all the characters into zombies and ruled the world but that's his ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom