• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

RIP Rising Thunder. You were never going to be anything worth paying attention to anyway.

Surprised Stonehearth is still around. Probably because it was funded with Kickstarter money.

i feel like capcom should be worried

Even if they begin working on something now it will still be years before anything happens. If Capcom wasn't already worried about SFV then no point in starting now.

I wonder if anybody remembers Double Helix.
You mean the game developers that were specifically bought because Amazon wanted to launch a "console" that hasn't actually launched as a game console? Sure.

Zackat

i feel like capcom should be worried

If they can get more people into fighting games then that is good. Street Fighter will be fine I think, especially if the game they make with Riot is anything like Rising Thunder. Neat concept but really not that fun after a while. There is something to be said about doing inputs correctly and on time.

fighting game that has Riot's hero delivery system? looking at a mugen style fighter with 100+ heroes where only 6 are viable and each new one is more OP than the last

Sayad

Radiant/Riot should just take everyone who's currently working on KI
I rather not see KI's style of combos in any other game, ever. Long, repetitive(within the same combo), not much room for creativity and a mid-combo guessing mechanic. The system is basically a collection of things I hate in combos.

fighting game that has Riot's hero delivery system? looking at a mugen style fighter with 100+ heroes where only 6 are viable and each new one is more OP than the last

this is the model that capcom was going for lol

the league model.. not the mugen OP characters thing

Dahbomb

so marvel 3, then
Only thing that system has in common with Marvel 3 are the long combos. The creativity in combos is far higher and there's no combo breaker/counter breaker system.

so marvel 2, then
Well Marvel 2 had their characters released at once, he's talking about releasing new characters that are stronger than the previous ones to get people to buy said character. Process keeps repeating and they are forced into a power creep progression.

mbpm1

Yeah, I thought the combo system was more varied in Ki. Doesn't everything go into everything else if done in the right order or s/t

El Sloth

Banned
How will Riot and their LoL money (and any esportzzz sponsors they bring with them) change the tourney landscape tho (if at all)

then there's the influx of new players this is sure to bring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom