• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Given the structure of how fighting games goes, anybody thinking this will be ground shattering will be in for a rude awakening if they think this will translated into someithng moba like with a fighting game.

Sayad

so marvel 3, then
Between team combinations, different infinites for each side and what not, I see new UMvC3 combos almost every time I watch it! Last being Undefeated 16 last month, this take care of creativity and repetitiveness. Marvel 3 does have ToDs though, which is like single thing KI is missing.

https://twitter.com/verytragic/status/707299784151797760

So might not be a fighter after Rising Thunder. Might be a darksiders clone.
How big is Radiant Entertainment? I doubt they're AAA production big.

ShinMaruku

Don't think they need to be AAA big, if they can ramp up modestly and make either fg or a darksiders type game with LoL's ip, I'll be a very happy camper. LoL's world is intresting, mobas are shit. But it moving out? Good.

How will Riot and their LoL money (and any esportzzz sponsors they bring with them) change the tourney landscape tho (if at all)

then there's the influx of new players this is sure to bring

they'd have the resources and know-how to do a proper multiplayer online game, maybe not in terms of balancing but it'd definitely have the proper functionality

basically it'd launch with everything SFV doesn't have

Only thing that system has in common with Marvel 3 are the long combos. The creativity in combos is far higher and there's no combo breaker/counter breaker system.

Aerial juggles are now a much bigger thing in KI season 3, so while there are the universal ground combos, you can also get stuff like this and this.

I won't say they're more creative than Marvel 3's, but now KI has more room for creative combos with Season 3's juggles.

Sayad

Don't think they need to be AAA big, if they can ramp up modestly and make either fg or a darksiders type game with LoL's ip, I'll be a very happy camper. LoL's world is intresting, mobas are shit. But it moving out? Good.
Darksider clone, as in an open world game with dungeons and bosses, kinda hard to make something like that with a small team, unless they go with an isometric look or some shit.

You can't make three variations from characters with four moves!

John Cena did, though!

P5W8wyv.jpg

HoQyiqj.jpg

epUOV0A.jpg

DunpealD

I don't know about that. But I think whatever they end up making will emphasize being easy to pick up.

So don't expect a Guilty Gear.

It's easier to pick up than a traditional fighter and you can blame your team partners for losing. Sounds like a winning combo to me.

ShinMaruku

Darksider clone, as in an open world game with dungeons and bosses, kinda hard to make something like that with a small team, unless they go with an isometric look or some shit.

They have a team there making other games and never launching them, they can ramp up to a midsize team with these leads they could get something going. You don't need a overly massive team but a good 80-150 person line up. With that money riot could spin up.

Kumubou

Because they are available and good equipped for this kind of task? I'd assume that 2d fg experts can transfer part of their knowledge to 3d, like movement etc.. That's infinitely better than devs like ninja theory pre and post DmC.

They also hired the ex lead combat designer of Darksiders it seems.
Tencent didn't spend the money they did on Riot to invest in games with a low revenue ceiling. Tragic also has a very long history with fighting games (and he was the former owner of GameCombos/Dustloop). I don't know if a LoL-themed fighting game could have that kind of impact, but I could at least see the argument that it could. They're making a fighting game of some sort. You don't buy out a company with people like the Cannon brothers, S-Kill, Maj, etc. and put them on hat making duty.

Warxard

Banned
Only thing that system has in common with Marvel 3 are the long combos. The creativity in combos is far higher and there's no combo breaker/counter breaker system.

Marvel combos have always been long, repetitive and boring strings don't kid yourself

DunpealD

Tencent didn't spend the money they did on Riot to invest in games with a low revenue ceiling. Tragic also has a very long history with fighting games (and he was the former owner of GameCombos/Dustloop). I don't know if a LoL-themed fighting game could have that kind of impact, but I could at least see the argument that it could. They're making a fighting game of some sort. You don't buy out a company with people like the Cannon brothers, S-Kill, Maj, etc. and put them on hat making duty.

Doesn't have to be LoL-themed, could also be a new IP. There is also to consider that they also got GGPO tech in their hands now with this acquisition. Whatever the reason is, the fact stands that they acquired a team with a set of particular expertise. What's next is everyone's guess.

Ferrio

Banned
Doesn't have to be LoL-themed, could also be a new IP. There is also to consider that they also got GGPO tech in their hands now with this acquisition. Whatever the reason is, the fact stands that they acquired a team with a set of particular expertise. What's next is everyone's guess.

Riot did not obtain GGPO, did not come with the deal. I'm sure they'll use it, but it's not owned by Riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom