• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Thinking back how would they even know who participated if all those stats got reset and they were filled with fake ids

I mean a competently run beta doesn't have this problem, bungie's been rewarding beta participants for a long time.

Sounds like I need to watch the NLBC archive today.

pizzacat

Banned
06c641673b7fb1d099deb765e5a809ed.png

FUCKING SAVAGE

RIP the dreams of having deejay with those colors for a vtrigger

Rhapsody

Banned
which one
lol I guess there were a lot of stuff that didn't get use.

If you charge a special (that can be charged) into where it would be an EX move and dash cancel it, you get CH properties on your next attack. But if you whiff a move, CH property is lost and you'll need to do it again.

I KNEW that Alex's V-Skill would have to do with his taunt in 3rd Strike! It's very interesting. A free counter hit? That could make him deadly if he has certain buttons that cause certain hit effects, outside of crush counter I mean. Having access to a button that will crush counter if the hit successfully lands on normal hit can be pretty big.

His V-Trigger sounds like it's just a focus attack that you can't dash cancel. Yay?

Either way, I'm super happy to finally hear some news on Alex. Now I just need a release date.

Infinite

I KNEW that Alex's V-Skill would have to do with his taunt in 3rd Strike! It's very interesting. A free counter hit? That could make him deadly if he has certain buttons that cause certain hit effects, outside of crush counter I mean. Having access to a button that will crush counter if the hit successfully lands on normal hit can be pretty big.
Or having an overhead that combos on counter hit.

Also Alex has at least one command throw so charging the v-skill is gonna force people to be more defensive thus making them vulnerable to throws.

Sayad

Throw Escape Change:

- If you push buttons during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to escape throws for 2 frames.
Prevents using light attacks to option select with throw escapes.

- If you execute specific special moves during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to immediately escape throws. Each characters V-skills, V-triggers, V-reversals, critical arts, and moves have been set individually.
Prevents throw escape option selects involving specific moves such as Shoryuken, etc.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details
lol, they really don't want throw tech OSes this time.

El Sloth

Banned
lol Alex's vtrigger is a red-focus attack that moves him forward (half-screen?). Awesome. His vskill sounds pretty rad too. Could lead to some cool punishes/combos. Hope it's quick and it'd be nice if it has a hit of armor like Mika's vskill.

lol Alex's vtrigger is a red-focus attack that moves him forward (half-screen?). Awesome. His vskill sounds pretty rad too. Could lead to some cool punishes/combos. Hope it's quick and it'd be nice if it has a hit of armor like Mika's vskill.

So Gief's V-Skill while in V-Trigger?

What do y'all mean by dailies? The Daily challenges and shit they promised? Didn't realize those were absent lol

Basically that. I don't remember exactly (I could even be making this up) but they said something about doing the dailies would essentially give you the amount of FM it'd take to be able to buy all the characters.

I just want more excuses to play the game than I already have. Hell, might even make me appreciate some characters more outside of Laura if there's a daily that forces me to use Ken or something.

hitsugi

Capcom adding 2/3 in ranked before fixing RQ ayyy

They already said they're wiping people's points on a weekly basis... what kind of "fix" are you looking for?

They need to fix the core functionality of their game (i.e. automatically drop slideshow matches for both players or people who abuse alt-tab on PC) before they worry about anything else online.

mbpm1

The laura ppl are fighting in the sfv thread sounds p scary. Glad I don't have to face that and can just fight the normal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom