• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Yea just read someone comparing her to Seth uh I wish bud.
People are fighting some freaky version of laura where her buttons are tight 3 frame traps and her lp elbow is safe on whiff, startup and leads to a mixup on block.

Glad I don't have to fight that.

El Sloth

Banned
So Gief's V-Skill while in V-Trigger?
barely comparable tbh

Capcom Unity said:
This attack can be charged and during that time, it can parry an attack. Upon full charge, if Alex makes contact with a blocking opponent, he will break their guard, leaving them open to an immediate attack.

Also, I misunderstood from SRK's write up (they said "While charging, the move will parry any attack sent Alex’s way"); seems it's more like a regular old focus-attack instead of red focus. Bummer.

Edit:

8maBqEY.jpg

6IpSxyc.jpg

Seems like it could have some good range. Prob a two bar vtrigger.

DRE Fei

They are seeking out and destroying all of the throw tech option selects on sight lmao.

I approve of this lifestyle. Get shimmied.

pizzacat

Banned
her lp elbow is safe on whiff, startup and leads to a mixup on block.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I want to see these guys up against a Nash using his safe normals

Handsome Alex Alt (40K FM) pls

That reminds me, the season pass mentions something of the dlc characters having free premium alts I wonder when they show this, if it even releases with alex

Yea just read someone comparing her to Seth uh I wish bud.

Hmm, I went to the thread and Control+F "Seth". And I was the only one who mentioned him. So if you were talking about me I comparing Mika to him instead of Laura. I find Mika's game to be more yolo, 50/50, and reads based. Laura has to be more honest about her approach. She can be pretty nasty once she gets going. But until she gets to that point, I don't fear her at all.

pizzacat

Banned
Hmm, I went to the thread and Control+F "Seth". And I was the only one who mentioned him. So if you were talking about me I comparing Mika to him instead of Laura. I find Mika's game to be more yolo, 50/50, and reads based. Laura has to be more honest about her approach. She can be pretty nasty once she gets going. But until she gets to that point, I don't fear her at all.
I sped read through someone's long post, had a dude with sunglasses as his avatar and he was the one talking the most about Laura. He must of quoted you. My bad I shouldn't have sped read lmao

Lol, I posted this in the SFV thread. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/chrishurocks/status/707998126812979201
He RQs on mika I guess? I mean if he plays professionally he's going to come up against a mika sooner or later no need to avoid it. I've only played like 4 Mikas online and the only thing I know is to keep her in the middle since the corners are where she can just fuck you up with her mp target combo.

mbpm1

He RQs on mika I guess? I mean if he plays professionally he's going to come up against a mika sooner or later no need to avoid it. I've only played like 4 Mikas online and the only thing I know is to keep her in the middle since the corners are where she can just fuck you up with her mp target combo.

She can still make a corner with a backdash

mbpm1

The bounce still happens after a backdash? That's crazy, I got to have a lounge with someone maining her soon. I know almost nothing to her.

Yep, she moves the screen and you bounce off the wall that is now closer. Common Mid-level Mika tech. Still, staying out of corners is good advice for the rest of the matchup

easier money

When you think about it, the American players are in the best position to earn money in SFV. You have twitch with a culture giving donation and sub money to players where as that isn't a thing in Japan. Then you have a majority of the premiers in the US. Finally there is going to be esl tournaments with good money.

Nothing to do with your comment though, my bad.

When you think about it, the American players are in the best position to earn money in SFV. You have twitch with a culture giving donation and sub money to players where as that isn't a thing in Japan. Then you have a majority of the premiers in the US. Finally there is going to be esl tournaments with good money.

Nothing to do with your comment though, my bad.

doesn't Daigo make like 200K a year tho?

doesn't Daigo make like 200K a year tho?

Daigo is a super rare exception, but that's beside the point. I'm saying that an American player, sponsored or not, has the best opportunity to earn money provided they're good enough to win the biggest tournaments.

I will say that it's better now a days compared to a few years ago. Topanga League has had some great prize money up for grabs. Also, pro players in Japan are getting promotion gigs. Of course if you're sponsored then it doesn't matter because you're going to have your plane tickets paid for to go to America and shit. The average top player in Japan doesn't have the same opportunity.

Shouta

Hmm? Would this be safe to assume that Lauras super works too? Or giefs?

Mika's moves forward more than either Laura or Gief, I think but it might work as well, Something worth trying out.

This Mika salt is hilarious because you have to work hard to get those mix-ups usually. If you're getting them then your opponent is playing bad or you're playing good.

Daigo is a super rare exception, but that's beside the point. I'm saying that an American player, sponsored or not, has the best opportunity to earn money provided they're good enough to win the biggest tournaments.

I will say that it's better now a days compared to a few years ago. Topanga League has had some great prize money up for grabs. Also, pro players in Japan are getting promotion gigs. Of course if you're sponsored then it doesn't matter because you're going to have your plane tickets paid for to go to America and shit. The average top player in Japan doesn't have the same opportunity.

This kind of reminds me about how Infiltration skipped out on CPT Asia Finals(with a 7k 1st place finish up for grabs) last year because he decided to do promo work for Sony of Korea or someone else instead. That allowed Poonkgo to replace him and he ended up winning the tournament. He must have gotten a decent check to make him stay home and not go after that non guaranteed check in Singapore.

The opportunities are definitely popping up, but the edge definitely goes to American players IMO if they work for it. Plus ESL is going to be holding online tournaments only in America for now so that's another big one for American players. That should lead to something much bigger I guess(I don't know much about ESL).

CurlyW

Clearly fake. American devs can't make female characters look like that.

I swear I'm gonna link back to all your posts from the Kim Wu reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom