• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

what was yours and why it's a good solution

(I like picking your brain about fighters cause you have some really good insights)

Add in a lockout if you mash during throw tech state. Like if you press a normal during throw tech state you can't tech for X frames, which they did by making it a 2 frame lockout. Making it a 2 frame window means that it's impossible to do throw OS using jabs, but you can still do it with mediums and heavies, it's just extremely difficult. I'm 100% okay with medium/heavy OS existing the way it does now because it stops some really dumb ass throw game shenanigans (I'm tired of hearing the word shimmy) but has large enough drawbacks to not be used constantly.

The other lockout is on certain special moves. I just assume anything invincible or that has potential use as a reversal will cause lockout, and that lockout is for the entire duration of throw tech state. deletes things like fuzzy DP (aka Momochi tech) from the game, stuff like the Mika OS tech.

They also slightly nerfed fuzzy jump (jump grab OS) by changing jump frames. That's a weird one to balance and I think a better solution exists, but I'm unsure now.

Edit: It's an okay solution because it basically makes throw tech state work as originally intended without having to alter throws themselves, and still leaves enough wiggle room for it not to not be completely restricted. My only issue with it as it is now is there NEEDS to be information in the game clearly stating it works like this now, or a popout that says "lockout" or something when you get hit by an untechable throw. Players need to know this is happening that don't read patch notes and stuff or else you end up with a bunch of people going "I teched that, guys I can't tech throws anymore wtf" or people going "oh the lockout got me" when they legit just mistimed their tech. They already have the cross up indicator, might need one for this too. I can understand why the wouldn't but I think that's a mistake that sacrifices gameplay information for an aesthetic.

edit edit: Capcom gimme a call :v

pizzacat

Banned
The other character that got leaked was General RAAM from Gears 1 but there is not asset for him as of now.

yeah. She suppose to be Maya's sister who died.
I mean this season had to have him, that's great can't wait till its on PC so I could use my stick.

.la1n

Clearly fake. American devs can't make female characters look like that.

I swear I'm gonna link back to all your posts from the Kim Wu reveal

Kim Wu looks much better now, I think she's a legit good design. All the females in KI look pretty great and then we have Capcom who seem to be going the opposite direction in models.

Infinite

Add in a lockout if you mash during throw tech state. Like if you press a normal during throw tech state you can't tech for X frames, which they did by making it a 2 frame lockout. Making it a 2 frame window means that it's impossible to do throw OS using jabs, but you can still do it with mediums and heavies, it's just extremely difficult. I'm 100% okay with medium/heavy OS existing the way it does now because it stops some really dumb ass throw game shenanigans (I'm tired of hearing the word shimmy) but has large enough drawbacks to not be used constantly.

The other lockout is on certain special moves. I just assume anything invincible or that has potential use as a reversal will cause lockout, and that lockout is for the entire duration of throw tech state. deletes things like fuzzy DP (aka Momochi tech) from the game, stuff like the Mika OS tech.

They also slightly nerfed fuzzy jump (jump grab OS) by changing jump frames. That's a weird one to balance and I think a better solution exists, but I'm unsure now.

Edit: It's an okay solution because it basically makes throw tech state work as originally intended without having to alter throws themselves, and still leaves enough wiggle room for it not to not be completely restricted. My only issue with it as it is now is there NEEDS to be information in the game clearly stating it works like this now, or a popout that says "lockout" or something when you get hit by an untechable throw. Players need to know this is happening that don't read patch notes and stuff or else you end up with a bunch of people going "I teched that, guys I can't tech throws anymore wtf" or people going "oh the lockout got me" when they legit just mistimed their tech. They already have the cross up indicator, might need one for this too. I can understand why the wouldn't but I think that's a mistake that sacrifices gameplay information for an aesthetic.

So something like Blazblue when you mistime a throw tech and you get that X over your head?

My initial disappointment with this title's gameplay reveal is fast fading. Eager to see what they've actually cooked up here. That Charizard damage was great. Way better than most of what I saw in that Combo vid they put up awhile back.
I believe Trasuke's Zard has max attack, actually, whereas in that combo video I believe they had skill levels off. Also, Weavile has 540 HP (average is about 570) whereas they kept using the two 660 HP characters in the combo video.

That said, even Suicune has 200+ damage combos without skill levels involved, and other characters can do much more, especially the power characters. IIRC there was only like one or two optimized combos that combo video. For example, in the combo video there was a Zard combo similar to that gif, but it had the "wrong" ending (Seismic Toss instead of Flare Blitz). Lots of unoptimized jank in that combo video lol. I don't think it had any Burst Attack combos either, which adds shit up.

Beckx

Naruto (4th) outsold SFV (7th) at physical retail, too.

Software:

1. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS4, Xbox One)
  5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  6. Lego Marvel Avengers (360, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, Vita)
  7. Street Fighter V (PS4)
  8. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
  10. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Notes:
-Fire Emblem would rank at #3 if it was combined SKUs, with over triple the debut sales of Awakening.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196083

Wonder what the chart for PS4 only physical retail looks like.

Beckx

CdN4vE2VIAAul4R.jpg

https://twitter.com/Feng_Shui_J

aaaaaaaaaaah!

Sheroking

This game was suppose to sell 2 million dude 7th is not good.

It obviously won't meet the optimistic forecast before the end of the fiscal year, but based on the data we had up until this point, 7th is actually very encouraging. There was a real chance it didn't make appearance at all.

It's likely well over the 500k mark in less than a months period, and as the game is built as a service with a steep content drip, will probably see multiple sales spikes over the next year. I expect it will be considered a minor success for them in the long run.

Had it been handled better, it could have been a homerun. Oh well.

Beckx

By march? March this year? So 2 weeks, 2 mil?

And Naruto is popular guys, haha.

Part of it is just mis-aligned expectations. It could have launched feature complete and with decent art direction but it's still not the kind of game that moves 2 mil on PS4 alone in 2 weeks (or 6 weeks).

But mis-aligned expectations is Capcom's middle name and they make dramatic decisions based on these kind of outcomes.

Part of it is just mis-aligned expectations. It could have launched feature complete and with decent art direction but it's still not the kind of game that moves 2 mil on PS4 alone in 2 weeks (or 6 weeks).

But mis-aligned expectations is Capcom's middle name and they make dramatic decisions based on these kind of outcomes.

Well yea, that's my point as well. Those are crazy expectations (which are dumb on capcoms part), not a total bomb. Flopping and not meeting expectations are not the same. Especially ill conceived expectations, haha.

2 mil in 6 weeks for a fighting game seems to high of a goal.

mbpm1

Haunts saw it and remembered

Thx Haunts

Wallach

You understand they are at around 500,000 right? You think even another 500,000 people are going to pick it up in March?

I'm not sure, my point was that it wasn't ever projected to sell 2 million right out of the gate. SFIV debuted at like ~850k in Feb 2009 NPD and they set projections for SFV 20% lower than SFIV's performance in the same time frame (as SFIV released roughly the same distance from end of FY2009). I don't know as they're really as far off there as people are acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom