• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

Because SFA3 didn't do all that well sales wise and of course Capcom with their infinite wisdom attributed that to "no one cares about the single player content".

It happens in other game series too. There are good features in less well received games and developers tend to overlook the game almost entirely when making the next one.

I can sort of understand why as they didn't have the benefit of social media and everyone having access to the net to properly gauge player response to features back then, but they damn well should know by now that world tour was one of the best aspects of that game. Why this is not a staple mode in sf games is still mind blowing.

DRE Fei

The best part about SF5 is no invincible backdash. You knock someone down and 50/50 them and they very quickly go on tilt. It's glorious, especially with crouch tech os being gone.

645 is apart of the FR staff and he just confirmed that there are more than 803 pre registered players for SFV alone this year at Final Round in the SFV thread. He didn't say exactly how many but they do take emergency registration on Friday so breaking 1,000 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Last year USF4 had 343 pre registered players and it made it up to 480(give or take) before they cut off final registration. Hopefully their are a few hundred more dudes who were too lazy to pre register. It'd be great to start off the CPT with 1,000+ man SFV tourney. That would destroy the previous record by a non-EVO tourney which was last years Final Round(not counting Smash, we know those dudes can put up huge numbers)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198154733&postcount=704

yes man
mLe43qC.png

No i lost both times, i would walk him to the corner and the EXACT moment i would stop looking for the jump he would jump. Pretty surreal.

I played Damdai yesterday to(but he didn't have Daigo's CFN name) and had almost the same exact experience. He'd jump in almost every time I stopped looking for the jump. Only one time was I ready and I messed up my DP by doing cr. MP > DP instead. Which worked out for me since both hits connected. I lost in 2 straight rounds but I did get the Daigo dash in dash out shimmy on him once. I'm still a winner because of that.

MrDaravon

That SFV schedule for FR sounds fucking nuts and also kinda shit for the players making it to Sunday to be honest. If they've got that many people they should be starting it on Friday :/. Gonna be a great tournament to watch though.

Tripon

Do people want me to make the Final Round thread or does somebody else want to do it? The only other thing is the Melee invitational at SXSW and I'm sure somebody else who is into Melee more than me will make a thread for that.

645 is apart of the FR staff and he just confirmed that there are more than 803 pre registered players for SFV alone this year at Final Round in the SFV thread. He didn't say exactly how many but they do take emergency registration on Friday so breaking 1,000 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Last year USF4 had 343 pre registered players and it made it up to 480(give or take) before they cut off final registration. Hopefully their are a few hundred more dudes who were too lazy to pre register. It'd be great to start off the CPT with 1,000+ man SFV tourney. That would destroy the previous record by a non-EVO tourney which was last years Final Round(not counting Smash, we know those dudes can put up huge numbers)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198154733&postcount=704

these mofos better shower

Do people want me to make the Final Round thread or does somebody else want to do it? The only other thing is the Melee invitational at SXSW and I'm sure somebody else who is into Melee more than me will make a thread for that.

Your threads for it are amazing, but if you don't want to do I wouldn't blame you. I'm not good at making those kinda threads so I definitely don't nominate myself lol.

From Shin Blanka

Gonna have something to watch while I'm at work/doing nothing all weekend.

urien will have 3 bars for vskill, which will turn his skin metal and give him armor on normals. bar will go down for each hit he takes.

Aegis will be in his CA somewhere.

probably, I dunno

I have a hard time believing it's gonna be anything other than a two bar v-meter with aegis reflector as his v-trigger.

I'm interested in what his v-skill will be though. I wonder if they're just gonna put one of his 3S moves as a v-skill or if he's gonna have a brand new move for it.

CurlyW

That SFV schedule for FR sounds fucking nuts and also kinda shit for the players making it to Sunday to be honest. If they've got that many people they should be starting it on Friday :/. Gonna be a great tournament to watch though.

I agree that Final Round should be starting SFV pools on Friday with this many entrants, instead of having pools at 8am or 10pm. However, I've been told that ShinBlanka promised people a while back that pools for SFV wouldn't start until Saturday (which I believe is how FR runs most events in the past), and it's very likely that people planned their FR trips around that information. So starting Friday isn't a real option.

Another alternative is to add more setups for SFV and run more than 8 pools at a time. If ShinBlanka provided 6 more setups, then you could schedule the first block of pools for 10am and the last block of pools for 8pm. This option is limited if you don't have the space in the venue for it (I'm not familiar with the FR venue), or if you don't have enough volunteers to run brackets. It still may be a better option though than starting at 8am.

This option is limited if you don't have the space in the venue for it (I'm not familiar with the FR venue)

I've been there a few times, they use 4 or 5 rooms I think. And the 2 biggest really aren't that big. When I was there last year to play USF4, the set up had seats in the middle(to watch the main stream) and pools on both sides of the wall. Both rows on each side was flooded with people so even though I really wanted to watch pool play, it was impossible.

I don't remember seeing more space for anything else. So if they want to keep it in just the biggest room, whatever they had last year is probably the best they can do. I'll be there again this year so I'll see if they tried to do anything differently.

What are the other defensive option selects you allude to? V-Reversal option selects or something like that?

Also, what's your tier list for worst comment sections? How would you rank SRK front page comments, Neogaf, and AFGC twitter? I feel like with the boost from gaming side shitposting Neogaf is definitely top 5, but I don't know if we'd make top 3.

Anne

What are the other defensive option selects you allude to? V-Reversal option selects or something like that?

Also, what's your tier list for worst comment sections? How would you rank SRK front page comments, Neogaf, and AFGC twitter? I feel like with the boost from gaming side shitposting Neogaf is definitely top 5, but I don't know if we'd make top 3.

GAF >> SRK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AFGC twitter.

MrDaravon

Congrats Mark! B-N is finally paying you for what you've been doing for years anyway :D

I agree that Final Round should be starting SFV pools on Friday with this many entrants, instead of having pools at 8am or 10pm. However, I've been told that ShinBlanka promised people a while back that pools for SFV wouldn't start until Saturday (which I believe is how FR runs most events in the past), and it's very likely that people planned their FR trips around that information. So starting Friday isn't a real option.

Another alternative is to add more setups for SFV and run more than 8 pools at a time. If ShinBlanka provided 6 more setups, then you could schedule the first block of pools for 10am and the last block of pools for 8pm. This option is limited if you don't have the space in the venue for it (I'm not familiar with the FR venue), or if you don't have enough volunteers to run brackets. It still may be a better option though than starting at 8am.

Yeah, I wonder if they're using the same venue this year as they did last year? Because if so L O L. Everyone's gonna have to expand ASAP, don't know how many TO's are in a position to do that kind of stuff ahead of time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom