• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

i agree with that but i mentioned a few weeks ago that i think it has more to do with the state of traditional japanese fighting game brands in the west than it does with quality.

whether SFV has legs is impacted by perceived quality, for sure. but you look at the things that sell well in the west and they have huge day 1 pops even with perceived quality issues. whatever issues and bugs crop up in bethesda games there's a massive crowd ready to put down $60 sight unseen on day 1.

i wouldn't say this has anything to do with Japanese game perception. If anything that perception has changed with ps4 being top console. When 360 was top dog you would see "Japanese games are terrible" and a bunch of weird western superiority and nationalism. Now you don't get that. If anything, Japanese games are bouncing back.

Beckx

i wouldn't say this has anything to do with Japanese game perception. If anything that perception has changed with ps4 being top console. When 360 was top dog you would see "Japanese games are terrible" and a bunch of weird western superiority and nationalism. Now you don't get that. If anything, Japanese games are bouncing back.

japanese *fighting game brands*

meaning that i think something is happening specific to those and that won't necessarily have any impact on sales of a new mortal kombat or injustice (because they're selling for entirely different reasons)

i'm just spitballin' here though, i'd rather be wrong and see tekken do well (for example), and it might given historically it's a big PS brand.

I still have hope

dlcsc-noscale.jpg

mXugWlk.png

Baleoce

Our only hope is that Alex is Balrog, Balrog is Urien and Urien is Alex in that picture. :(

The only none nude Urien I'd accept is suit Urien, that thing in the picture is wearing boots and way larger than Alex!

I mean, to me at least, that is clearly Balrog on the far left. It even has the spiky fringe silhouette.

If the monsters at Capcom clothe Urien let his v-trigger be an install like Necalli's that busts the shit off like the SF3 intro. Then again that would mean no Aegis v-trigger...

I mean, to me at least, that is clearly Balrog on the far left. It even has the spiky fringe silhouette.

It's not. The hairline is from being photochopped to death. The character on the far left even has the shirt tied around the waist.

Capcom are monsters if they put Urien in a suit.

Beckx

playing King of Fighters XIII and i've reached a new all time level of bad. i really like the movement options though with all the different jump possibilities.

Capcom could easily recoup low sales numbers with microtransactions and paid updates over the next couple of years if they maintain a good infrastructure for online play and give people incentives to play and spend money

but they probably won't because Capcom

`can the dude who did the Q skin work his magic on alex?

EDIT:

alex reminds me i need to take advantage of my gym membership.

i need to get this 5k training over and done with and get to SQUATS N OATS

pizzacat

Banned
`can the dude who did the Q skin work his magic on alex?

EDIT:

alex reminds me i need to take advantage of my gym membership.

i need to get this 5k training over and done with and get to SQUATS N OATS
Alex makes me want to wear suspenders and a belt, dudes inspirational

645 is apart of the FR staff and he just confirmed that there are more than 803 pre registered players for SFV alone this year at Final Round in the SFV thread. He didn't say exactly how many but they do take emergency registration on Friday so breaking 1,000 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Last year USF4 had 343 pre registered players and it made it up to 480(give or take) before they cut off final registration. Hopefully their are a few hundred more dudes who were too lazy to pre register. It'd be great to start off the CPT with 1,000+ man SFV tourney. That would destroy the previous record by a non-EVO tourney which was last years Final Round(not counting Smash, we know those dudes can put up huge numbers)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198154733&postcount=704

Horseress

645 is apart of the FR staff and he just confirmed that there are more than 803 pre registered players for SFV alone this year at Final Round in the SFV thread. He didn't say exactly how many but they do take emergency registration on Friday so breaking 1,000 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Last year USF4 had 343 pre registered players and it made it up to 480(give or take) before they cut off final registration. Hopefully their are a few hundred more dudes who were too lazy to pre register. It'd be great to start off the CPT with 1,000+ man SFV tourney. That would destroy the previous record by a non-EVO tourney which was last years Final Round(not counting Smash, we know those dudes can put up huge numbers)

daaaaamn

btw who's making FR's thread?

Wallach

yeah but how many players signed up for naruto

Marz

So I played a Ryu 2 times where at the loading screen it said Damdai, then in game the name was memememe?

Godlike Ryu either Daigo or Damdai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom