• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRE Fei

"SF5 doesn't have the SF4 option select training wheels that I'm used to. Instead of working on my fundamentals and reads, I'll just shit on the game instead."

Seyavesh

i feel like that kinda 'sf4 scrubs cant deal, all option selects must go away' statement has lost all meaning and is only an indicator to scout morons at this point

i guess it's pretty standard defense force shit and probably existed when sfxt came out but its like all i ever see when folks write out that kinda shit is:
'this game is really about footsies and fundamentals because i have been told those are objectively good things'

meanwhile i started picking up jotaro except fuck my life i cannot consistently do his combos. i really hate the timing on the buffered dash hop vs. shadow dio's buffered dash from his 5s. it's so weirdly delayed
same with the dash jump over j.5C from tandems- i have way too much trouble getting it to actually let me cross over them

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's just a matter of time before Dark Prince enters the FGC again and takes over. One day Mike Ross will finally come out and say all the things he's done in the FGC was to prepare for the resurrection and rule of his master.

DRE Fei

i feel like that kinda 'sf4 scrubs cant deal, all option selects must go away' statement has lost all meaning and is only an indicator to scout morons at this point

i guess it's pretty standard defense force shit and probably existed when sfxt came out but its like all i ever see when folks write out that kinda shit is:
'this game is really about footsies and fundamentals because i have been told those are objectively good things'

I guess by your logic, the SF producers themselves are all morons then.

Seyavesh

I guess by your logic, the SF producers themselves are all morons then.
no lies detected
iBbqFAx.jpg

Seyavesh

you mean back when street fighter 5 was in it's alpha phase and mostly found in parking lots??

clearly it was a better game back then

Seyavesh

I'm still trying to figure out how footsies and fundamentals are a bad thing.
that's not what what i meant at all
rather there's enough of that strange kinda harping repetition of the line by folks who clearly don't understand the meaning behind it. those things have been incorporated as terms used to sell the game to folks, in the sense that they want to paint it as 'more honest' or more skillful so i feel like it ends up coming up a lot
edit:
to note, that's not a dig at you or DRE. it's just something i've been seeing a lot of recently

oh great half the thread is subtweeting the other half
#riseup

Meanwhile you got some top players calling the neutral in SFV random and others saying that OS-based offense is the real thinking man's game whereas committing to shit doesn't require thought.

It's not about whether people can or can't deal. Some are just unwilling.

The game hasn't been around long enough for people to make such grand declarations about the games meta yet, good or bad. Snap judgments a month in say more about the people making them than the game itself.

I personally like the game a lot more than Ultra...so far. We'll see how it develops over time, though.

Tripon

I feel sad for Mike Watson, his dream of owning an arcade again is probably gone. Azusa is a fucking dump of a city and they been proving why with every tweet Watson talks about getting his Arcade open.

Tripon

Sorry, I don't understand what fundamentals are.

Can you explain to me what are fundamentals?
I always understood it as the basics. Like, know what range your characters can hit. Know where your characters is good and bad at, know the range of your opponents, etc. I'm sure somebody else can explain it better.

ShinMaruku

Sadly most really don't know what footsies outside of instinct and repitition. It's really a thing that the communicators for the game are poor at explaining what exactly what footsies and fundimentals are. Then you have terms like meaty and dp which are just stupid. :E

Seyavesh

Meanwhile you got some top players calling the neutral in SFV random and others saying that OS-based offense is the real thinking man's game whereas committing to shit doesn't require thought.

It's not about whether people can or can't deal. Some are just unwilling.

man, is that really happening?
new game time is so weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom