• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess these are the official FR Pre Reg numbers since the official FR Twitter account retweeted it

https://twitter.com/calmwarriorJA/status/709941326465212417

SFV leads the way with 864. It has a very good chance at breaking 1k depending on how many show up to register late on Friday. Good numbers all around from all the other games as well. USF4 actually nose dived harder than I thought it would. I thought it would have maybe double what it has just because all those people are there for SFV with many of them being former USF4 players.

Really looking forward to FR. I'm registered already, but I still have no idea what my pool is since they haven't released that info yet. Hope to find out soon.

I guess these are the official FR Pre Reg numbers since the official FR Twitter account retweeted it

SFV leads the way with 864. It has a very good chance at breaking 1k depending on how many show up to register late on Friday. Good numbers all around from all the other games as well. USF4 actually nose dived harder than I thought it would. I thought it would have maybe double what it has just because all those people are there for SFV with many of them being former USF4 players.

Really looking forward to FR. I'm registered already, but I still have no idea what my pool is since they haven't released that info yet. Hope to find out soon.
Surprised at the numbers for all the other games too tbh.

USF4's numbers are relatively where I thought they'd be, I'm just wondering which players joined and if it'd be worth watching? I assume Bonchan/Kazunoko or Momochi will take it free if they did join.

Tekken 7 has more entrants than MKX lmao. ATL has a really strong presence in Tekken right? MKX is a dead game tbh

Melee only has 54 entrants and Sm4sh with 159. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another big smash tournament happening on that weekend since apparently there's a smash major every weekend.

KI confirmed dead game as well.

I expected XRD to have better numbers tbh.

Astarte

That revelator art looks really nice

shinmaruku.jpg

Its time we had a serious discussion about banning the user known as ShinMaruku from NeoGAF.

Lmao

Anne

Capcom only events among us

I mean, that's a possibility for some events if numbers stay that high :T

The prereg this year almost doubles what FR had last year and it was a trainwreck of space and time issues. How the hell are they going to get this done this year?

1ZnW6Sj.png

pixelish

dailydot fgc talk show had larry from fr on as a guest and he said they have put a 1024 player cap in place and it's very likely for them to hit that cap as the tourney usually gets 200+ players registering on site

NEO0MJ

Why ya'll hating on nkz? That line was adorable. Anne has no sense of humor. I bet she's like this whenever people are having fun.

wCVFrW7.gif

ShinMaruku

Probably what has turned into the most useless word in fighting game vocabulary.

Other terms make sense and are okay to have, but when footsies and fundamentals and etc get simplified down to nothing they start being useless. I roll my eyes every time somebody says "fundamentals" because it has lost more or less all of its meaning. Remember when we said okizeme and setplay was its own special thing? Now I just hear setplay every time a knockdown happens and that's just lazy and wrong and takes away more of the meaning of it.

basically whenever someone uses the word fundamentals
Precisely why I question why those words are used and bring up the point that most of the people using these terms have no idea what they mean and destroy the meaning of the words. It should not matter if it's some legacy term if the people using it have no idea what it's about. It makes them look like dogmatic fools.

Beckx

it's probably useful to have fresh blood enjoy themselves if they're still testing the waters, but i think the capacity to appreciate loss is integral to any successful player

the misery death traps in Halo levels don't really compare to fighting games well.

when Bungie/343 get a map wrong, they really get it wrong. Paradiso in Reach was a disaster, there was a team that spent a year just playing Paradiso spawn camping people. There was no concept of "get better and you'll beat them" because the map was so fucked up (and some other reasons to - 8 man team going against randoms). The only way to win was to drop from the game as soon as you saw what was up.

there's nothing really comparable to that in fighting games.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
BTW if anyone else snagged KI season 1 while it was on GWG, Season 2 Ultra Ed is $13.20 this week (marked down from $40, has costumes and KI2)

8 man team going against randoms. The only way to win was to drop from the game as soon as you saw what was up.

there's nothing really comparable to that in fighting games.

I'd say any good player beating up a weaker player is rather comparable.

It's just the systems and the design of the game don't encourage it as much.

pizzacat

Banned
As someone who is trying to get their friends into V, I rather just watch them play then try to play a character I don't know or not do any of the things I know how to do and they've actually had fun doing it

As a person who wants to learn, playing with people I've met here or elsewhere, I expect them to not hold back. Played against someone from another forum and lost 10 FT3s in a row, not one round won the first time. Then I went back to training and saw some flaws in Nash's game (the other persons mains), hosted random battle lounges waiting for Nash mains, learning what I can. The next time we play, Nash is his second main, he uses claw now, I still manage to take some matches, he took more but even if I had won just one, it's a great feeling anyway

So in short idk, I don't like to limit myself and I don't like other people limiting thereselves for me either but I can see why people would do it/ want people to limit themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom