• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zissou

Sadly most really don't know what footsies outside of instinct and repitition. It's really a thing that the communicators for the game are poor at explaining what exactly what footsies and fundimentals are. Then you have terms like meaty and dp which are just stupid. :E

That language exists because those words help players talk about and be aware of important concepts. You can't just get rid of them.

miku

Anyone see the boxarts for GGXrdR?

xbhxZDH.jpg

iNpRCuG.jpg

AO10a6G.jpg

uVg3wXN.jpg

I can't find Dizzy...

pixelish

sfv gonna kill the arcade scene in japan huh?

fubarduck ‏@fubarduck 10m
In response to Japan having no way to play offline SFV, a new genre of business has appeared; "game bars" with an emphasis on fighting games

Rhapsody

Banned
IIRC, Dizzy is supposed to be DLC. She won't be on the cover because of the implication.

Didn't stop them from having Elphelt and Leo on the cover of Sign's boxart.

If anything, Ishiwatari could've sketched a rough draft prior to the results of the poll and didn't make any changes for the final one to add Dizzy.

Didn't stop them from having Elphelt and Leo on the cover of Sign's boxart.

If anything, Ishiwatari could've sketched a rough draft prior to the results of the poll and didn't make any changes for the final one to add Dizzy.
Makes sense, and shows how often I look at game covers.

ShinMaruku

That language exists because those words help players talk about and be aware of important concepts. You can't just get rid of them.

They should be more articulate in explaining what these words mean. Many times it's empty meaning due to people are just repeating what they have been told. Very few people can explain plainly to somebody who is not at their level what that stuff means.

Shun

sfv gonna kill the arcade scene in japan huh?
The organizer of KVO just opened up one last month. Smart to time it with the release of SFV.
It's been a thing for a couple months now.

Sako and hori goes to Cross Up Game Cafe & Bar for Street Fighter V.

They opened up last month, but they aren't the first ones to do it.

We'll see how it goes, game centers have been and still are the places to meet up with ease of access.

They offer other games not just Street Fighter 5. Some older retro stuff and some PS4 stuff.

Sayad

It's been a thing for a couple months now.

Sako and hori goes to Cross Up Game Cafe & Bar for Street Fighter V.

They opened up last month, but they aren't the first ones to do it.

We'll see how it goes, game centers have been and still are the places to meet up with ease of access.

They offer other games not just Street Fighter 5. Some older retro stuff and some PS4 stuff.
We better start seeing streams, should be easier than streaming from an arcade.

Anne

Revelator on PC would be nice. I would really like it if the PC version matched the console framewise, the main reason I want things on PC is for super convenient training mode. That is moot if the frames are off.

If not it's whatever, console version is perfectly fine.

Revelator on PC would be nice. I would really like it if the PC version matched the console framewise, the main reason I want things on PC is for super convenient training mode. That is moot if the frames are off.

If not it's whatever, console version is perfectly fine.

You can set training mode to delay 3. Online will be d2-5 so close to console timing.

They should be more articulate in explaining what these words mean. Many times it's empty meaning due to people are just repeating what they have been told. Very few people can explain plainly to somebody who is not at their level what that stuff means.

basically whenever someone uses the word fundamentals

Anne

fundamentals

Probably what has turned into the most useless word in fighting game vocabulary.

Other terms make sense and are okay to have, but when footsies and fundamentals and etc get simplified down to nothing they start being useless. I roll my eyes every time somebody says "fundamentals" because it has lost more or less all of its meaning. Remember when we said okizeme and setplay was its own special thing? Now I just hear setplay every time a knockdown happens and that's just lazy and wrong and takes away more of the meaning of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom