• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

I'd say any good player beating up a weaker player is rather comparable.

It's just the systems and the design of the game don't encourage it as much.

i think you'd actually have to see this setup.

good players don't go in and beat that setup. they get chewed up like everyone else.

there's also an aspect i didn't mention that there was evidence they were forcing host migrations any time someone got to the banshees before they did (getting the banshee was the first key to map control) but that's really beside the point. the point is that bungie/343 are prone to designing maps that are painfully unbalanced in ways fighting games aren't. like you're never going to spawn into a fighting game mid-match to find yourself in a 100% no-hope locked down spawn camp situation.

fwiw my thoughts on those halo situations is that it's the nature of the beast and you just hide & walk away until the game is over or disconnect (usually the former given that halo actually has disconnect penalties). no one has any obligation not to maximize advantage to get kills.

playing for maximum advantage doesn't equal griefing (using host migration to reset a situation to create spawn traps is over the line, though).

Beckx

If I'm playing against somebody who hasn't played the fighting game that we're playing, I'll usually ask if they want me to sandbag for them, and play accordingly.

yeah, this is what normal well adjusted human beings do in real life interactions, because it's what you do if you want people to want to play with you again

online that's the first thing that goes out the window. but that's understandable too.

i think you'd actually have to see this setup.

good players don't go in and beat that setup. they get chewed up like everyone else.
Oh I just meant arranged teams beating up on randoms thrown together in general.

Otherwise that just sounds like something that needs to be patched the hell out of the game, or you just learn to stay away from it.

BadWolf

japanese players and their next level mind games

More like they are still trying to decide on a main probably.

Tokido was playing Ryu on a gods garden stream recently, he's not hiding that he made the switch.

Nemo also initially said that he would use Fang but has now switched to Vega.

japanese players and their next level mind games
lmao. capcom just has to add the option to make replays private or not and this whole smurf account thing will be gone.
I need to talk to Itazan because it looks like he's lost playing Gief, lol. It's a good match-up for Birdie but it's not that free.

I don't play either character but it looks like Birdie can outpoke Gief really hard in this MU and even when Gief finally gets up close Birdie does well there too.

Gief also has to respect the banana/can more than any other character I've seen. He also doesn't really have a punish for Birdie's chain grab. Maybe he should just be dashing up after each blocked one maybe

mbpm1

lmao. capcom just has to add the option to make replays private or not and this whole smurf account thing will be gone.

I don't play either character but it looks like Birdie can outpoke Gief really hard in this MU and even when Gief finally gets up close Birdie does well there too.

Gief also has to respect the banana/can more than any other character I've seen. He also doesn't really have a punish for Birdie's chain grab. Maybe he should just be dashing up after each blocked one maybe

Dashing up is usually what Gief can do after the chain yeah

Too bad he's negative there too EleGiggle

Also it's kind of funny how Birdie's Banana basically fucks Gief's v-trigger. He sucks in the banana to get tripped by it

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

New fighting game just showed up on Steam. It looks... interesting.

ss_a24cadce170cfc1abb426980cd403934ed099787.1920x1080.jpg

ss_b305d2e6059c240ee4e97c967f786379fdfeb285.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1aff50c303e33813dfdbc1847184a48cdb4c194f.1920x1080.jpg

Shouta

Birdie's buttons are his lifeline in the match up so if you aren't dealing with them as Gief, it's definitely lights out. That said, there's a range where Gief does better than Birdie. It's the range just outside of Birdie's st.mp. That's where Gief has a lot of opportunities to get started on offense while minimizing some of Birdie's tools.

If I remember correctly, if you're maintaining that range and you see banana, you can immediately do a jump-in on Birdie and still land on the other side of the banana after he throws it and you hit him. I would need to test it again though.

As for chain grab, at long range you get a dash, if it's too close, SPD punish. You can also armor through with running bear grab because it's a hit throw.

Dashing up is usually what Gief can do after the chain yeah

Too bad he's negative there too EleGiggle

Also it's kind of funny how Birdie's Banana basically fucks Gief's v-trigger. He sucks in the banana to get tripped by it

Yeah, I don't understand why the banana gets sucked in too...

the discord chat has already changed into a whole different beast since i joined

whoever made it public has gotta go tbh
I'd rather talk to the person and help them understand why the decision was a poor one. If you want to share some thoughts, PM me on Discord and I'll read it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom