• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

It's kinda depressing how cartoony everything ended up looking in SF V compared to the first reveal. I'm not saying Street Fighter needed to be grim dark but it was better without silly background characters and saturated colors.

Game looks way better now than it did in the first reveal

Astarte

It would be nice to have that problem in PAL Land, Fire Emblem delayed by months FTL.

I swear Nintendo does coin flips on who gets what content first. Europe gets Bravely Second first and it's delayed in the US for months, EU gets Fates later on while US gets it earlier, etc.

Revelator Console is adding 3 new character.

Kum Haehyun, Dizzy, and one more.

Might be someone new, might be someone returning.
CbJuPQ3UsAAefFG.jpg:large

Ideal: Bridget or Robo Ky
Reality: Raven

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's kinda depressing how cartoony everything ended up looking in SF V compared to the first reveal. I'm not saying Street Fighter needed to be grim dark but it was better without silly background characters and saturated colors.

This is what I was alluding to. Background characters are fine doing what they are doing but they are too cartoony and looks out of place to me.

pizzacat

Banned
I wonder how Melee would do if Smash 4 had prize money like SFV. Would it survive in the same manner?
I mean I don't know much so this is probably just ignorance but with no money/not much backing project m tourneys, where is that now?
you could also say that it's demise probably had something to do with it too

But melee fans are so devoted they will tow that CRT during like Blazblue to the main stage and just play and whoever wins that gets smash 4s winning

Then again I could totally be wrong so yeaa

"We'll see soon enough"

We'll see what soon enough? Is it possible for you to post a complete thought or are you too accustomed to one line drive-by shitposting?

"We'll see soon enough"

We'll see what soon enough? Is it possible for you to post a complete thought or are you too accustomed to one line drive-by shitposting?

There's no point in arguing about the near future.

You can get mad over my shitpost but I'm not going to lose sleep over "and?"

"There's no point in arguing about the near future.

You can get mad over my shitpost but I'm not going to lose sleep over "and?"

I'm not mad, I'm confused. I don't even know what thing in the near future I'm supposed to be talking about. I didn't even know there was a thing that I was making an argument for.

It's like I solved the next stage of an alternate reality game and I didn't even know I was playing.

Coda

Seeing your pre-load download start is such a good feeling. Still jelly about the people who already have copies though.

Wonder if it's nico, twitch or both

Probably twitch otherwise he wouldn't get as big of an audience. The japanese community will go to twitch, where as everyone else wouldn't go to nico nico. Still, Daigo shouldn't stream daily or anything like that. Keep it at a minimum as I think part of the reason why he gets a lot of viewers is due to how infrequent he appears on stream.

It was on nico but it has been over. was not just sako and ogawa it was haitani and a couple guests too.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv251860684

Here is some footage but it might be posted somewhere else later. or if you have nico premium

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/698829147238305792/pu/vid/1280x720/LNXSpzI4yHdwWN2o.mp4
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/698821267130978308/pu/vid/1280x720/X-P4yh7GI210L1Fm.mp4

Ugh, nico. I'll just wait for it to be up on youtube. Thanks anyway.

Finally, another streamer worth watching besides Jiyuna.

SF5 animations are better, janky cloth physics are throwing you off.

No, it's not janky cloth physics. Even in MUs where those don't play much of a deal, the animations just don't look as good. As @Deps mentioned though, the jabs are by far the biggest offender. They're horrid.

In SFV Heavy attacks, throws and a couple of specials have a higher quality of animation than SF4 but for the most part it's a pretty lateral movement in terms of animation.

BadWolf

SF4 animations are better than SF5s? First time hearing that one.

Yeah, SF5's animation is on a whole another level compared to SF4. There is a huge difference in the amount of character they have put into the animation now.

When I first saw Birdie I thought I was seeing some Disney levels of personality in his movement.

Yeah, SF5's animation is on a whole another level compared to SF4. There is a huge difference in the amount of character they have put into the animation now.

When I first saw Birdie I thought I was seeing some Disney levels of personality in his movement.

I was on the fence on who I should play with until Guile came out, either M.Bison or FANG.

I was really digging FANG's animations but seeing his V-Reversal just sealed it for me. All of his animations are just so .... trollish.

And then you have M.Bison who just looks so goddamn menacing. He just crosses his arms, grins and slows walks up to you.

The animations aren't the only thing for a character, it's how they blend with the voices and the overall design they're going for the character, and so far, only Laura is the one who I feel could have been better designed/animated.

SF4 animations are better than SF5s? First time hearing that one.

Animation is the one thing SF4 does right. That, and backgrounds. I'm not a fan of most of the character models, or the gameplay, but they really got things right with the animation.

Maybe people just remember Elena, Rolento and Dekappa Kappa.

I talked about in Discord but I ran into frame skip and slowdown on SFV offline last night :<

I played offline VS for about 6 hours last night. Saw it more than i think i should be honestly. We were staying on the same stages for hours though. Maybe its a memory leak or something. Seemed to me to be the sheep stage alot. Damn sheep.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wut? SF4 stages are mostly highly underwhelming

Edit: Which is expected due to time release of the game. I mean they have good concepts in them but yeah...

Africa stage is truth though.

Coda

Overpass was the funniest vanilla stage and Pitstop 101 is pretty and was a welcome edition in IV IMO. Halfpipe was okay too.

I loved this stage in SFxT though for the ultra ridiculousness. It reminded me of that CvS2 stage.

hqdefault.jpg
2_D_Capcom_vs_SNK.jpg

Anne

which stage?

I had it happen on Shadowloo the most, but it popped up on a couple more. The longer we played the more often it happened, Idk what the actual conditions are other than it only popped up after a bit of playing. Switching stages didn't make it stop though.

Does using M.Bison's EX inferno cause lag? That was a legitimate issue in the fourth beta.

Yeah, projectiles and large amounts of effects in general can cause slowdown. I only had one really hard frame skip happen and it was with Laura throwing an EX Fireball.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wonder if it happens on Shadowloo because of all the swapping characters in the background.

So basically avoid that stage til further notice xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom