• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

Are you the Boss of this gym?

Hey buddy. Better streaming's two sites down.

e9fRg4H.jpg

So I've never pre ordered a game digitally on PSN, so If I do that and pre load it will the game be accessible? I'm guessing no, I just want to play the damn game already and am just holding out some hope.

Either way I'm going to get it digitally regardless. I want access to it all the time. I do want to get to physical version at some point, but not until a somewhat drastic price drop(at least when its down to $40).

Hyun Sai

Daaaaaaamn Myakyo's Vega tho

And its not even his final form !

I mean the guy obviously did ton of mistakes and strange decisions, but happy to see Claw won it...

So I've never pre ordered a game digitally on PSN, so If I do that and pre load it will the game be accessible? I'm guessing no, I just want to play the damn game already and am just holding out some hope.

Either way I'm going to get it digitally regardless. I want access to it all the time. I do want to get to physical version at some point, but not until a somewhat drastic price drop(at least when its down to $40).
No, you won't be able to play it. There is a countdown timer.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Mine was 40! Thanks best buy xD

Countdown says 11pm tomorrow for me (central time).

With 1 good mix-up, the matchs are extremely quick and brutals, love it...
Wait a minute, you're supposed to exclaim that "Street Fighter V is slower than IV" or something.

Animation is the one thing SF4 does right. That, and backgrounds. I'm not a fan of most of the character models, or the gameplay, but they really got things right with the animation.
No on both accounts. Backgrounds look more cohesive with the aesthetic they're going for in IV compared to V, but on a whole they were still bad stages for a multitude of reasons. Poor texturing, drab environmental settings, lighting more heavily influencing readability (see Volcano or that dark alley), littered with more NPC's than V on average et cetera. Many other fighting games both 2D and 3D from the same generation trumped IV's without a shadow of doubt to make matters worse, plus they outright pale in comparison to Street Fighter backgrounds made years if not over a decade ago. V's are unimpressive too, but that's besides the point. IV's animation can also be heavily scrutinized; V's are objectively much more expressive and detailed, actively taking a page from III's book, never mind that Capcom's past games - back when they actually had skilled 2D animators under their payroll - further highlight how IV's missed the mark by a wide margin. The game at large is an artistic failure for a 'modern' title, with its only saving grace being that SFxTekken exists besides it.

Also this sentiment surrounding jabs about some pre-conceived notion of "lacking frames" when this is just as apparent (if not moreso) in IV perplexes me. Don't even get me started about the general inconsistency of its animation 'quality' either, with characters like DeeJay or Blanka among others being ridiculously janky in motion... or extreme cases like Guy having abysmal transitions from one animation to another.

Sayad

No, it's not janky cloth physics. Even in MUs where those don't play much of a deal, the animations just don't look as good. As @Deps mentioned though, the jabs are by far the biggest offender. They're horrid.
Jabs aren't worse than SFIV's jabs, at least not the animation it self.

Problem with them in SFV is that they stand out from the rest of the animation way more than they did in SFIV. The details in SFV start up and recovery animation is beyond anything in SFIV, well, for Medium and High attacks at least, with jabs there's not much you can do to give them proper weight/feel/etc when their start up is 2 or 3 frames and they recover in about the same. They lack the details put in other moves and so they stand out more because the gab in animation quality between jabs and the rest of the moves is way higher in SFV than it was in SFIV.

Another difference(real one this time) between IV and V's jabs might be in hit stop, seems like it was more pronounced in SFIV, which make them look like they're hitting harder.

Sayad

We were seeing it in the waterfall and 4 kings stages.
Came across frame drops(along with inputs) in Shadowloo Hangar and New York, looks like it's going to be training stage until Capcom fixes this.
Slowdowns happens a lot during end of the match poses.

Edit: sorry, dp.

Dahbomb

Oh man the final Excellent Adventure episode for Sf4 was amazing! That prophetic ending... it ended like it began...

With random online Ken spamming DPs!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
"Jeez, SFV isn't even officially out yet and people are already deciding it's garbage? I feel like that's a record."

Nah, it happened with SF4 as well. It's a cycle.

I love your quoting style. It comes off as being indirect but somehow just carries the same sting.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
More important than that, who made Daigo follow people? This is the same dude that didn't even follow Bonchan. I'm guessing the madcatz guys are taking turns on his account. Probably Markman and now Zhi.

Only Lord Haunts is pure now.

It's me. I'm helping manage his social media. It's a new age. He's going to start streaming too.

Zhi works at Twitch now.

It's me. I'm helping manage his social media. It's a new age. He's going to start streaming too.

Zhi works at Twitch now.

any tentative date for his first stream? will it be a solo thing or a invitation type ordeal like capcom pro talk?

will it be whenever he wants or will it be a scheduled thing?

This, don't put his face on it but make it a daigo edition stick. I would reserve that day one.

Those are some of the comments I saw from Japanese people on twitter and on 2ch. Instead of the figure, they would be more willing to buy a stick. For the figure a lot of the non daigo fans were saying stuff like "Your daigo loyalty is being tested daigo fans. Will you buy it?"

shaowebb

Oh man...just finding out that TVC might just be at Combo Breaker 2016! I'll update when I hear more details. I need to find out if this is an official or side tourney.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Those are some of the comments I saw from Japanese people on twitter and on 2ch. Instead of the figure, they would be more willing to buy a stick. For the figure a lot of the non daigo fans were saying stuff like "Your daigo loyalty is being tested daigo fans. Will you buy it?"

This is what I was thinking, not too smart on MadCatz end to be honest. With SFV around the corner, PS3/PS4 debacle wouldn't have mattered with a Daigo stick.

jerry1594

Lol that's hilarious. Better put out Tokido and Mago figures for them too.

but was it boring?

seriously asking this question cuz i wasnt around.

but yeah you right even if sf5 turns out kinda whack on release they got time to make it a better game as the updates are released.

I know our local scene hated it because of the easy reversal window, the ultra animations, the goofy character style, and how simple the game was.

Also "flowchart Ken" players online.

Those same people still meet up to play the game to this day. Not just that game but its always the main game.

jerry1594

It's a problem that they even matter when most don't give a shit beyond omg hype PJSalt and gfycats but that's what you get for trying to cater to people instead of teaching them their place.
Well you have to do that if you want their money. It's entertainment software not fucking boot camp lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom