• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

Oh Marz.

Don't take his stuff seriously. I think I remember him saying he would skip paying rent to get SF5 & a PS4. I really hope you were joking Marz.

I bought my ps4 and now im out on the streets thanks to you people hyping up this shitty ass game. /s

Nah this game is alright.

So they out sourced the visual assets, got a pre-created engine, outsourced the netcode, outsourced the art in the story mode... what exactly did Capcom do themselves with SFV?
Capcom made the story mode, spectator mode, and lobby features.

Does this count as shitting on the game, or maybe I don't know how to read again? LMAO.

So when the salty sf4 players get what they want and this game fails, what happens next? Does everyone go back to playing sf4 in your ideal scenario? That's not gonna happen. What's gonna happen is another drought.

Maybe SF is just going through franchise fatigue right now and needs to go away for another 10 years. I think you guys really need to see what it's like again. Then you can be in the same position as the people who quit sf4 and went back to 3s.
Record-setting Evo numbers = franchise fatigue?

Beckx

It started to rain and the texture/lighting for Kazuya's jacket went from dry leather to wet leather mid round. Damn.

DRE Fei

Why do you assume that people who are not fans of the state that SFV is in right now are SF4 fans?

People don't seem to be going back to SF4, there is still a high contingency of top players playing SFV at the moment and tournament attendance is extremely high, record breaking even. Game is likely to be a main stay at competitive events for a while... the issue is that SFV was unable to break into a larger audience as it was intended to do and that's due to its poor launch. Sure they got the game play and mechanics right for the most part... but to get the casuals you needed EVERYTHING else.

I've seen people crying about the core fighting itself since day one. Typical new game stuff about the game being "slow" or "boring" because it doesn't have the stuff they are used to. SF4 is their first game and they scream from the mountain top that it's the best, but people who have been around longer than 2008 know better.

Capcom fucked up the launch for sure, but what does the doom and gloom accomplish at this point? All we can do is wait and see what happens since this game is supposed to be a living breathing platform.

I don't think the franchise is in any danger, but at the same time EVO is a tiny percentage of the audience.

Lol Reiketsu with the stick-hiding tech

Cd2Cd_zUIAAVlzu.jpg

lol

I bought my ps4 and now im out on the streets thanks to you people hyping up this shitty ass game. /s

Nah this game is alright.

Yeah, I figured you were in hyperbole mode and you probably are grinding on SF5 much more than me, I just hoped you took care of grown-ass-man decisions vs gaming decisions. /DadMode

That said, I do agree SF5 leaves something to be desired (store/challenges/dailies) for someone like me to comeback on the regular.

Literary play like that except I have a giant blanket underneath. Apparently my buttons are nice and quiet but my lever on my stick annoys the wife sometimes.

Dahbomb

Capcom made the story mode, spectator mode, and lobby features.

Sales numbers are more indicative of franchise fatigue than EVO numbers to be honest. Tekken has more entrants these days than half a decade ago but the series has been in franchise fatigue for quite a while.

DRE Fei

I just hope we can get T7 before too long. I think tekken could be going through a bit of franchise fatigue as well, but just like SF I think it's big enough to survive.

Sales numbers are more indicative of franchise fatigue than EVO numbers to be honest. Tekken has more entrants these days than half a decade ago but the series has been in franchise fatigue for quite a while.

I don't think the franchise is in any danger, but at the same time EVO is a tiny percentage of the audience.
I think the franchise was prime for success, but Capcom botched the job.

Sales will pick up a bit in June, but it's probably a flop by Capcom metrics no matter what.

Tripon

I think the franchise was prime for success, but Capcom botched the job.

Sales will pick up a bit in June, but it's probably a flop by Capcom metrics no matter what.
I just don't understand Capcom not putting in enough Dev time/resources for this game. Like, what else are they working on besides MonHun?

DRE Fei

I feel like it's a self-fulfilling prophecy and Capcom higher-ups will draw the wrong conclusion from all of this.

1. Refuse to fully fund the game and instead reach out to Sony for help. This is all well and good if you have financial concerns, but you can't release the game before it's ready. It's not a good look. I'm not sure if it's Sony or Capcom themselves pushing this thing out the door.

2. Game suffers from a horrible launch and it validates your decision not to fully fund it.

3. ?

4. Profit?

Beckx

it's viscant's response to LTG

LTG:
@LOWTI3RGOD
So hold the fuck up no @NYChrisG or @nycfurby but @JayViscant ? I need my mother fucking runback fuck this shit!!!!!

Viscant:
‏@JayViscant
@LOWTI3RGOD @NYChrisG @nycfurby Bitch you know what you need? A fucking job, that's what you need. Get your money up and come see me

Tornix

is it a demo that you get to keep and play as much as you want to, or is it some timed limited access thing?

The way the tweets were worded, and since you have to preorder the game first, I'd be surprised if it were limited access.

They did put restrictions to not stream arcade and challenge modes. Versus and training are fine.

The way the tweets were worded, and since you have to preorder the game first, I'd be surprised if it were limited access.

They did put restrictions to not stream arcade and challenge modes. Versus and training are fine.
Ill stream em anyway. they cant tell me what to do

awesome that challenge mode is in.

Crocodile

Thanks.

I wonder how big the Skullgirls scene is.

You probably want to head over to Skullheart. I've been kind of out of the fighting game loop in general for the past few months but I know last year was the games best year in terms of tournament attendance. I think its in a good spot for a niche game.

Justin plz :/

Skullgirls fans - amazon.jp has physical releases (normal and special editions) for Skullgirls PS4 and PSVita, releasing 4/14. Produced by ArcSys. Special edition has a neat clear file that looks like a comic book.

I wonder if they'll ever do a physical edition for the States.

CdwISfQVAAEUIY0.jpg

Yusuke Murata (One Punch Man manga artist) illustrated a new SF novel in Japan. 8 color illustrations and 48 b&w.

Murata has to be the king of group shots. He always nails it <3

Sucks but I don't have time to play games anymore. My time has been completely dedicated to my art. Unfortunately, I was let go from the studio before even getting a chance to move and start working due to budget cuts. I'm taking it as a blessing because now I've got a lot of money saved up for the move that I'm going to use for school. Instead of going back to applying for jobs, I'm using this money to get further teaching. I'm still moving to CA but it's to become a student at one of the top atelier's in the world.

I guess I can stream Final Round while doing art. Being a stream monster isn't the same though. Sucks I bought my stick and don't have the time to keep playing but nothing is as important as art.

Sigh. If only there was more time in the day.

Sucks but I don't have time to play games anymore. My time has been completely dedicated to my art. Unfortunately, I was let go from the studio before even getting a chance to move and start working due to budget cuts. I'm taking it as a blessing because now I've got a lot of money saved up for the move that I'm going to use for school. Instead of going back to applying for jobs, I'm using this money to get further teaching. I'm still moving to CA but it's to become a student at one of the top atelier's in the world.

I guess I can stream Final Round while doing art. Being a stream monster isn't the same though. Sucks I bought my stick and don't have the time to keep playing but nothing is as important as art.

Good for you, tbh. I understand the hunger to keep playing, but thank goodness you realize that real life > fightans

kirblar

What information? It's cross buy off of the exact same store you buy the Xbox version from. The pricing is what it currently is on xb1.
"Is there going to be a complete edition? If so, how much?" is not something that should be an open question 11 days before launch.

Line_HTX

Best of luck to you Cindi! Stay positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom