• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you, tbh. I understand the hunger to keep playing, but thank goodness you realize that real life > fightans

Best of luck to you Cindi! Stay positive!

Thanks <3

I literally have to treat this as a full time job. Almost 20 hours of classes a week, with 20 hours of homework/my own projects. On top of already having a job. Christ. How do I fit fighting games into this? I have enough time for bjj but not fgs.

I know this is all about sacrifice, but how do I get to play FGs still?

yea, I was hoping that tease at anime ascension was meaning that we would have that preorder with demo rather soon

is it a demo that you get to keep and play as much as you want to, or is it some timed limited access thing?

...Yeah, so did I.

Anyway, the demo will last until the game comes out. Will get final confirmation, of course, but once you download it, it's yours to play. Just remember that there's no on-line mode, it's couch-access network only.

Stay tuned for final details.

Beckx

...Yeah, so did I.

Anyway, the demo will last until the game comes out. Will get final confirmation, of course, but once you download it, it's yours to play. Just remember that there's no on-line mode, it's couch-access network only.

Stay tuned for final details.

That's cool, thanks.

CO_Andy

I literally have to treat this as a full time job. Almost 20 hours of classes a week, with 20 hours of homework/my own projects. On top of already having a job. Christ. How do I fit fighting games into this? I have enough time for bjj but not fgs.
6Avha.jpg

Jokes aside you can always play fighting games on a portable (just not modern ones).

Infinite

Sucks but I don't have time to play games anymore. My time has been completely dedicated to my art. Unfortunately, I was let go from the studio before even getting a chance to move and start working due to budget cuts. I'm taking it as a blessing because now I've got a lot of money saved up for the move that I'm going to use for school. Instead of going back to applying for jobs, I'm using this money to get further teaching. I'm still moving to CA but it's to become a student at one of the top atelier's in the world.

I guess I can stream Final Round while doing art. Being a stream monster isn't the same though. Sucks I bought my stick and don't have the time to keep playing but nothing is as important as art.

Sigh. If only there was more time in the day.
I understand real life always trumps games. Also good luck &#128522;

Sucks but I don't have time to play games anymore. My time has been completely dedicated to my art. Unfortunately, I was let go from the studio before even getting a chance to move and start working due to budget cuts. I'm taking it as a blessing because now I've got a lot of money saved up for the move that I'm going to use for school. Instead of going back to applying for jobs, I'm using this money to get further teaching. I'm still moving to CA but it's to become a student at one of the top atelier's in the world.

I guess I can stream Final Round while doing art. Being a stream monster isn't the same though. Sucks I bought my stick and don't have the time to keep playing but nothing is as important as art.

Sigh. If only there was more time in the day.

Good luck with everything! And unless Capcom really poisoned the well, fighting games aren't goin anywhere so it's never too late to jump back in whenever you find yourself with more free time.

Sayah

So what was the Tekken announcement?

Bifuteki told the stream there's a major announcement and then when the game devs corrected him, he lied and said he never said there was a major announcement.

Or so I've heard. I wasn't actually on the stream.

Tripon

Bifuteki told the stream there's a major announcement and then when the game devs corrected him, he lied and said he never said there was a major announcement.

Or so I've heard. I wasn't actually on the stream.
It was just Tekken tour. Which oddly, EVO is not a part of.

jbug617

Banned
Lost Soul sent Dogura to losers in Xrd High Rollers Tournament. Won 3-0. Too bad Twitch is messing up. Funky P said he will upload the match right away.

Good luck Cindi, grind out your portfolio and have fun at school. The best advice is to lean on your friend and future coworkers. They will be your connections and you definently level up when surrounded by people better than you at certain skills.

Hopefully you will find something while at school.

pizzacat

Banned
I'm watching Daigos stream and everyone was talking Japanese and nodding their head and looking serious and then some dude dressed up as Thomas the train starting nodding his head too

pixelish

jiyuna said there will be a tournament in which all players have to cosplay and there will be top players at that event.

can't wait to see daigo in urien cosplay

shaowebb

I saw Jojos All Star Battle was on that PSN sale for like $6 or some shit so I picked it up. Aside from the glaringly fucking stupid fact that you have to unlock around half the cast through story mode to use them in versus mode, and that there are like 10 DLC characters making for another $20 to shell out, and that in order to unlock any costumes and cool stuff you need to play a mode designed with a free to play stamina meter setup that kicks you out of the mode unless you shell out real cash to replenish stamina...

...well...aside from those things was this a decent game for fighting game fans? I'm already finding some pretty out there powerful combos in it and worry that it may have just been super unbalanced right from the start. There's alot of weird shit goin on here (and I'm not talking about locking content and cast behind pay walls and unlocks in story)so its likely I'm missing something.

Overall was it a good fighter or not? So far it doesn't really feel like one. Feels about as busted as Chou Climax Heroes which still managed to be fun though. Just lost here.

goddamn, marlin pie versus dogura was good. Marlin pie's eddie is so good right now. He beat lost soul at winter brawl pretty free, but now hes out and lost soul fighting lord knight in winners finals. I wouldnt have called this

I saw Jojos All Star Battle was on that PSN sale for like $6 or some shit so I picked it up. Aside from the glaringly fucking stupid fact that you have to unlock around half the cast through story mode to use them in versus mode, and that there are like 10 DLC characters making for another $20 to shell out, and that in order to unlock any costumes and cool stuff you need to play a mode designed with a free to play stamina meter setup that kicks you out of the mode unless you shell out real cash to replenish stamina...

...well...aside from those things was this a decent game for fighting game fans? I'm already finding some pretty out there powerful combos in it and worry that it may have just been super unbalanced right from the start. There's alot of weird shit goin on here (and I'm not talking about locking content and cast behind pay walls and unlocks in story)so its likely I'm missing something.

Overall was it a good fighter or not? So far it doesn't really feel like one. Feels about as busted as Chou Climax Heroes which still managed to be fun though. Just lost here.
100% garbage.

Finally got around to playing Pokken. Shit is so weird but fun.

Its runs at 30 fps with terrible drops when nothing is even happening. That should tell you all you need to know

shaowebb

shao, you're supposed to ask questions like that before wasting your money, not after

100% garbage.

&#12302;Inaba Resident&#12303;;198646666 said:
Its runs at 30 fps with terrible drops when nothing is even happening. That should tell you all you need to know

Yeah...bout what I figured. Feels pretty busted but its sad really. I know how big Jojo is for some folks. This thing has like 42 characters and you can tell from the movesets that they must have spent a lot of time trying to capture the essence of the cast as best as a fan could want. Definitely feels like a stronger effort for JoJo fans in terms of character authenticity than what Kamen Rider fans got with some of the cast in Chou Climax Heroes. Just feels like a bad design for a good fighter though.

Cel shading looks gorgeous though. Even if its trash its got some intriguing move ideas. Never could get into this freakshow of a manga but I really dig the creativity in its cast's abilities. Someone who can pull a spare version of themselves out of pocket dimension to replace them if they run low on health, someone with little sprites that make certain that no matter where he shoots his bullet hits what he intended, whatever the fuck that one dude is all about thats shooting bubbles...just a lot of unique visuals and concepts there. God their outfits and posing are fucking stupid looking though.

ASB isn't bad if you're a big Jojo fan and want some fanservice. If you want to play an actual good fighter with Jojo characters, the Capcom Jojo game is the way to go.

I'm watching Daigos stream and everyone was talking Japanese and nodding their head and looking serious and then some dude dressed up as Thomas the train starting nodding his head too

Daigo is becoming the Yohji Yamamoto of the cosplay world. He made the thomas the train cosplay so Eita wore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom