• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thores

Just gonna repost this since its not something that gets mentioned often.

For those that missed it there is good news for those of you who liked Chaos Code but hated the lack of online play. The sequel Chaos Code New Sign of Catastrophe is coming to PS4 and had a bit of footage shown recently at the Taipei Game Show back in January. This game didn't get a lot of press over here but for those that didn't even know this game was happening it is and yes it has online play now.

You can see it on this screen even before they show it off

This was an ASW fighter by FK Digital that was pretty fun and had the ability like SFIV to pick one of several moves to equip before the match but unlike SFIV it wasn't just an Ultra. It was an extra special, a super and whether or not you wanted to have a run or a dash.

As far as poverty fighters go its pretty good and pretty great at tournament even.
Hikaru is pretty darned great as a rekka character. Its like Slayer with rekkas and projectiles. Hope folks try it out when it hits.

As always, thats me with your poverty fighter news reminders. ;D
I was one of the five guys playing Chaos Code in the US without netplay, so this is fantastic news if they're still bothering to localize the PS4 version. Thanks for the update!

shaowebb

I was one of the five guys playing Chaos Code in the US without netplay, so this is fantastic news if they're still bothering to localize the PS4 version. Thanks for the update!

No problem. Things tend to turn into a lot of posts on what folks are seeing in tournament streams and alot of stuff on SFV and Pokken at the moment because these are all the current things and they're pretty exciting. It sorta buries all threads or posts for the lesser known stuff. Not knocking anything just stating its hard during exciting times of new releases near lots of tournament streams to not get lost in all the posts that are bound to happen as things heat up out there in this genre.

Thats why I reposted it. Just to see if anyone had missed hearing that Chaos Code was getting a PS4 sequel with online play addded. It'd be an easy thing to miss right now with all the happenings goin on.

MechaX

Alright, I just bought Pokken randomly because I heard it has Garchomp
and my Wii U has been gathering dust and fuck spending $35.00 to get all of the Smash 4 DLC characters.

What in the fuck have I gotten myself into here.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was going to buy Pokken. Ended up buying Senran Kagura after forgetting that Pokken was releasing. Oops.

Edit: I'm really planning on getting Pokken sometime though, or at least trying it out. The things that turn me off are the hitstop at times and the transitions.
I'm hoping it doesn't become too much of a problem for me though. Other than that, it looks fun.

i'd play birdie if he had his old design instead of the shitty slobbish redesign

maybe he'll get an alt sometime in the distant future that's acceptable

Ferrio

Banned
Won a local weekly a few days ago. This was my grand prize.

wLCjk3v.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Made it to winners finals, lost lost to viscant. Losers finals was close at first and lost to Chun again, thanks a lot for not playing me more Ksabot. First SFV tournament, the nerves and inexperience against Chun is real.

mbpm1

Made it to winners finals, lost lost to viscant. Losers finals was close at first and lost to Chun again, thanks a lot for not playing me more Ksabot. First SFV tournament, the nerves and inexperience against Chun is real.

lol

You made it far tho, good stuff mr yancy

Sayad

i don't expect you to have good taste

but i prefer his old design to his new one
It's not SFV's best redesign, but is the difference really that big, enough to turn you off from the character?! They only gave him a dad bod, while everything else(animation, rest of the model, being disgusting) seems in character for Alpha Birdie!

He was done being hover-hand Justin for far too long.
From hover-hand to creepytouch! Dude graduated middle school and went straight into master's degree program!

Kadey, is there a place I could see those put together?

Lol @ Kagari's idle animation in Chaos Code.

Still waiting to see some top tier Mewtwo play in Pokken before deciding.

Your avatar (but in gif form) was what I felt when I heard stuff about Bison, Cammy, Ryu, and others being bad lol

All this tourney told me was that no one in this game is bad. Almost complete character representation in the top 16. Bison not being in a top 16 was the only thing I found strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom