• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this tourney told me was that no one in this game is bad. Almost complete character representation in the top 16. Bison not being in a top 16 was the only thing I found strange.
Top 16 has a bit of random to it this early on, so I wouldn't be too worried on that account. I am still skeptical about Bison, though. Look at Tokido's playstyle, for example - could a Bison player beat that?

Top 16 has a bit of random to it this early on, so I wouldn't be too worried on that account. I am still skeptical about Bison, though. Look at Tokido's playstyle, for example - could a Bison player beat that?

Ryu is a really strong character, but Tokido is just on another level compared to most. I can't think of many players/characters that could match up with Tokido and his Ryu.

MrDaravon

I'm honestly wondering if both the March update and Alex are actually going to come out in March now, have we started taking bets on that yet?

CapcomFighters: ok guys do you really want some info?
CapcomFighters: NCR is next week please tune in *valle face*

Ono is having quite the giggle at this shit

Perro

real bout fatal fury 2 > garou
justin-timberlake.gif

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I hit up the Foundry in SF during GDC week. They had a bunch of Smash and SF5 setups, that venue is toooooo good, I really liked it. Too bad SFV was regulated to those portable TV carrying case setups :( I actually wish Japan had that kind of place to play. Most of the gaming bars in Japan are small and cramped so it's fun but I enjoy the open space more.

Looks like about 98k for Final Round surpassing last year's FR by 40k viewers.

rIKyKLC.jpg

edit: Last year NCR had 62k viewers with FR having 58k viewers.

jbug617

Banned
If CPT Premiere Events are going to have crazy entrants it's time to eliminate team tournaments and start the tournament on Friday.

vocab

If CPT Premiere Events are going to have crazy entrants it's time to eliminate team tournaments and start the tournament on Friday.

It will probably come to that. When EVO had that team tournament it took forever, and never happened again.

The Light

That should happen if numbers will continue to be as large, but will TOs be cool with reducing the number of attendees they can possibly receive?

.la1n

Amazing Top 8, made up for a lot of pool matches putting me to sleep. To be fair pools are always hit or miss in any game.

Good shit infiltration.

Line_HTX

Well, that was a fun Final Round Finals Day. I think I was almost all alone in the FR thread not posting about SFV Top 128, lmao

Line_HTX

So, I was watching Tekken 7 Top 8 and I missed out on all the chaos.

What happened over at CapcomFighters with the whole Alex thing?

So, I was watching Tekken 7 Top 8 and I missed out on all the chaos.

What happened over at CapcomFighters with the whole Alex thing?

When Infiltration won, he got the mic and put Capcom on the spot asking for an Alex trailer. Then Haunts pretended that they had something to show, and the whole crowd sat down and got ready to watch, then they played Rashid's theme and ended the stream with an Ultrachen recap and Alex's 3S theme lol.

Shouta

https://www.facebook.com/Googlemyname/posts/10104972077334012

Despite hype competition, EC majors are still apparently badly run.

It was a mess last year as well. I talked to someone about it that was on staff but I guess nobody listened to the person I spoke too if they had a retrospective about how everything went. It's good Jebailey is saying something though because real criticism of how events run never gets real traction and so there's no mechanism for improvement.

Line_HTX

When Infiltration won, he got the mic and put Capcom on the spot asking for an Alex trailer. Then Haunts pretended that they had something to show, and the whole crowd sat down and got ready to watch, then they played Rashid's theme and ended the stream with an Ultrachen recap and Alex's 3S theme lol.

OH MY GOD... What a troll that Haunts...

MrDaravon

That should happen if numbers will continue to be as large, but will TOs be cool with reducing the number of attendees they can possibly receive?

Yeah, this is kind of the problem; FR specifically ran SFV starting Saturday because a lot of folks made travel plans on friday because of work/school/etc. So it allowed them to attend, but then we had the blowups that happened this weekend as a result. If the game is blowing up like this TO's are going to need to either get bigger venues and/or start on Friday. Problem in this instance is that venue and scheduling was probably locked in ages ago, and most events this year probably already have venues at the very least locked down; not sure anyone saw things blowing up like this. People are going to need to adapt quickly.

CEO just tweeted a reminder that there are no emergency on-site registrations this year at the event
https://twitter.com/CEOGaming/status/711751412963799040

This is super smart. I imagine TO's probably are really afraid of losing a not insignificant amount of money/players from having emergency registration, but having no on-site registration allows them to get their shit in order ahead of time and is probably a million times better experience for everyone actually competing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom