• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I enjoy how destructoid just threw in this line at the end instead of actually waiting for the other side of the story/FR's response before posting the story:

(We've requested comment from Final Round, and will update this story as necessary.)

I guess they need their clicks right nao

Also mixed feelings on this as it's a bad look for the scene in general and you could certainly argue Jebailey could have been more PC about it even if he spoke out publicly. On the other hand FR has had a rep of being poorly run and organized with issues every single year. I mentioned this to Art on twitter but I was originally tentatively planning on going to FR this year as my first tournament ever, but decided against it because of all of the negative word of mouth from past years about how poorly it was run in past years etc. Hearing about how SFV attendance was double over last year but it was still being run in the same venue 100% cemented it for me. And now look, it was a shitshow for attendees (which even people disagreeing with Jebailey agree on), and twitter/facebook is a lot of folks saying it was their first tournament or their first one in a long time etc and it was a horrible experience. At this point if multiple people within the scene have talked privately with Larry about this for years and it's still shit people deserve to get called out on this publicly, if for no other reason to give potential casual/first-time attendees some kind of heads up. If I'd flown down there and gotten DQ'd because my pools changed at 3 AM or I was told they were being run in 2 hours then they ran 5 minutes later I would have absolutely lost my shit. I think Jebailey still could have been a bit more tactful in his phrasing, but I have no problems with him doing a public callout of it at this point.

Tornix

Sounds like NCR -- if it's not a fighting game made by Capcom, it may as well not exist. Which kind of stinks for the anime players that I know out in NorCal, to be honest.

Pretty much. I usually leave by midday Sunday. At least the anime room is consistently great.

BadWolf

From the other thread lol:

caught the tekken stream. pretty hype

ending was amazing

BoCaQuG.gif

Infinite

Disappointed with momochi's performance. I don't think Chun is his character but I believe he picked her solely on the basis of being an apparently good tournament character.

BadWolf

KSB took signups for KOF 14 tournament.

Hopefully we will finally see some decent level of play.

SNK also announced that they will have an event for players to try the game out a few days before the tournament.

Disappointed with momochi's performance. I don't think Chun is his character but I believe he picked her solely on the basis of being an apparently good tournament character.

He did the same thing in AE and mained Yun.

Wonder if he will end up going to Ryu as well, like Tokido.

Oh, it is a wallet. Why would anyone throw that?

Both of the players are Korean iirc, they probably know each other.

If the Final Round TOs are that attached to whatever organizational method or decentralized authority they've been using all these years, I don't see how calling them out in public is going to change anything. I just hope EVO is prepared to handle the numbers this year.

Oh, it is a wallet. Why would anyone throw that?

SonyGaf does it whenever there's an announcement, but I'm not familiar with the reasoning

BiggNife

According to Twitter, Jebailey and Shin Blanka had some sort of problem with each other prior to this happening.

Also jebailey seems like the last person to care about burning bridges

His ego is so infamous it was immortalized in a friggin videogame

Yeah, I think MK has always been mostly an east coast thing.

Not really. NRS games do fine everywhere. They even do well on the west coast. There's plenty of people who would travel if they felt it was a good tournament for NRS games. It's just NCR. They haven't really supported the games for years so our community doesn't give it much attention back.

Line_HTX

Sodam was doing the shrug emoji in Grand Finals. Pretty hilarious.

Also he tried Ling's super on some setup on Shaheen, but it got blocked, so he pointed at Harada like "YOU LIED TO MEH!"

I know ESL handles the MK pro league but I would love to see MK or better yet all the fighting games have a league system in place like the Capcom Pro Tour complete with seeding points and such. I know Pokken's doing something like this

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have a feeling a certain person is going to go off about Jebailey. You all love him too. White TO speaks out against Black TO. News at 11.

jbug617

Banned
Don't think Jebailey is white. I think he is Middle Eastern descent from Canada.
Still remember Jebailey versus TSB. It was funny for a little while during CEOtaku.

edit: I see Spooky responded to the Destructoid article. Just said Jebailey has to be ready for his tournament and if he is not it could be a humbling experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom