• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

What happens with CEO ends up being run just fine, does Jebailey get an apology or just business as usual?
He won't, because the issue isn't the criticism, it's that he put it out there, regardless of it's merit.

It's just standard office politics-type stuff.

jbug617

Banned
Didn't realize that CEO is capping the entrants to 512. Can't fault that because I think it's one of the reasons FR had problems. No way that place was big enough or enough staff to run a 1,024 tournament in 2 days.

Kumubou

Didn't realize that CEO is capping the entrants to 512. Can't fault that because I think it's one of the reasons FR had problems. No way that place was big enough or enough staff to run a 1,024 tournament in 2 days.
That was in place for the previous years -- it's being raised now this year, as SF5 will likely have more than 512 entrants. That's also why SF5 pools are starting on Friday.

Tripon

What happens with CEO ends up being run just fine, does Jebailey get an apology or just business as usual?

He won't, because the issue isn't the criticism, it's that he put it out there, regardless of it's merit.

It's just standard office politics-type stuff.
Somebody will call him out on something and it'll be for a valid reason. When the NCR Ultra top 16 went down on the not patched version of Ultra, Jebailey's went on a rant about not allowing that at CEO. Then 645 pointed out that Jebailey's did allow that exact shit to happen with UMVC3 at CEO 14.

Then there was the whole Smash stuff at CEO 2015 where Smashers complained that despite being the majority of entrants at the tournament, they were regulated to the smaller ballroom with no ring and a separate Sunday Finals. And this is shit that the Smash community voted on before the event. Jebailey's did originally say that one Smash game would be on Sat and one on Sunday, so a cynic would say that he made the change so he didn't have to worry about a bloated schedule on Sunday on theain stage. Anyway, Jebailey's did promise a larger venue and it'll be all in one ballroom, so we will see how that turns out. Edit: also asking spectators in one of the ballrooms to leave and watch it on stream because of how crowded it was. Think that was in the Smash ballroom, but I'm not sure.

If I can remember this, a random stream monster who will likely never go to an East coast tournament unless I'm making a lot more money, than somebody more important than me will also and use it to put Jebailey on blast really good.

Nobody is perfect, and no event will run without hiccups, I would hope people realize that before they put people on blast.

.la1n

Nobody is perfect, and no event will run without hiccups, I would hope people realize that before they put people on blast.

Absolutely. That's why I can't for the life of me understand why he made a public comment to begin with or why Spooky felt he needed to respond in kind.

When as issue has happened at CEO, has Jebailey addressed it so it doesn't happen again? I honestly don't know if he has repeating problems as well.

Stuff happens, it's how it's handled and fixed and addressed.

.la1n

that's why they play VF, to learn how to combat the wildlife

TWEET%2BBLOG%2BNOW%2BI%2BTRY%2BTO%2BTELL%2BEVERYONE%2BABOUT%2BTWITTER.gif

Agreed. Capcom Pro Tour should use more of a Formula One-style point system. As it is, being a consistent top placer is not enough if you don't win an event. If I had the time and energy, I'd revisit last year's CPT results to see how it would look under a point system more like what you or I suggest. Hopefully somebody does.

Just look at Haitani. He gets 32 points for his 4th place finish in a 1024 man tournament. I guarantee that a lot of the ranking events will be much easier to win than getting 4th in a tournament like FR.

This topic will be brought up again after EVO. 4th place at EVO in a possible 4000 man tournament is going to get the same amount of points as the Brazilian ranking event winner.

When as issue has happened at CEO, has Jebailey addressed it so it doesn't happen again? I honestly don't know if he has repeating problems as well.

Stuff happens, it's how it's handled and fixed and addressed.

pretty much. ppl called out final round before as being whack and if nothing's changed then why keep going. Based on what ppl said it seems the problems were already there and just having a 1024 tournament just exacerbated present issues. If you cap your brackets at 1024, you should at least be prepared at all times for 1024 not the opposite

What race issue are you people talking about

idk, seems kinda whack

Smaller ranking events are now part of the regional CPT- NA, LA, Asia, Europe. Hitting those up gets you to the regional CPT finals, and there are no auto-invites, it's all points. Top level players definitely have incentive to hit up a bunch.

Really appreciate Jebailey putting his neck out there on this one. Speaking of CEO- anyone have extra space in a room or looking for extras to split costs? I have relatives in the area but I'd prefer not to have to be shuttled at midnight each night and wake them up, since one of them works as a nurse with premie babies.

No. Winning those events gets you to the regional final. The top 2 of the regional leader board qualifies for CC also

What is this in reference to? They are complements, not substitutes. Each is good at things the other is awful at.

They were mention it on the Spooky stream. I rarely ever post on twitter. i just follow people and read there post. Sometimes I don't even have the tab up

https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/711955190136504321
Jay Snyder ‏@JayViscant 10h10 hours ago
Turns out my (now ex) girlfriend had an episode, told my landlady I was moving out, took a bunch of my stuff and nobody can find her now

Yikes

Never though I'd see this
i

On ESPN

They were mention it on the Spooky stream. I rarely ever post on twitter. i just follow people and read there post. Sometimes I don't even have the tab up

I think their point is that Final Round needs an actual website or some sort of easily accessible official way for people to get info, not relying on people scrambling on twitter or showing up at 8AM

I don't think any of them claimed that twitter was a good place to have information about your event

Tripon

I think their point is that Final Round needs an actual website or some sort of easily accessible official way for people to get info, not relying on people scrambling on twitter or showing up at 8AM

I don't think any of them claimed that twitter was a good place to have information about your event
Trying to find info on the Final Round website before it started was a joke. I almost said fuck it and not make a thread for it.

Arturo hiring "spies" is so ridiculous lmao

you're not literally stealing technology

Did the Asian players actually use any hidden tech at FR?

The jump/tech OS was already widely known, and I don't recall any character-specific thing that was new. Tokido abusing Ryu's j.LK was interesting but it seems like a bunch of people already knew about that too.

I mean, Infiltration won with backdashing as far as I could tell

Did the Asian players actually use any hidden tech at FR?

The jump/tech OS was already widely known, and I don't recall any character-specific thing that was new. Tokido abusing Ryu's j.LK was interesting but it seems like a bunch of people already knew about that too.

I mean, Infiltration won with backdashing as far as I could tell

the hidden tech they showed was solid play, and how to blow up the games release in japan before america OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom