• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

People still here pretending to hate OBS yet watching it every time it is live?
I listened for about 30 minutes before UltraChenTV came on. JamesMK is a terrible interviewer. I hope somebody takes the hit and listens to it all so they can write a summary. Hell, it might be me and I will be dumber for it.

Doesn't make Alex any less of a scumbag for his tactics though. I mean we all know the event needs to be run better that's no secret

It doesn't matter what Jebailey did, though. If your response to criticism is "but he did _____", you don't respond well to criticism, period. If anything it just validates what Jebailey posted.

Doing this "right" is to say what issues there are, how you plan on fixing them, and put on a good tournament next year and proving everyone wrong. This blowup shit just makes you look worse.

It doesn't matter what Jebailey did, though. If your response to criticism is "but he did _____", you don't respond well to criticism, period. If anything it just validates what Jebailey posted.

Doing this "right" is to say what issues there are, how you plan on fixing them, and put on a good tournament next year and proving everyone wrong. This blowup shit just makes you look worse.

Stop telling us shit we already know. Jesus

I only skim through it but when I read
Final Round did make an attempt to hold staff meetings, but they were too late and many did not attend. I’ve had figures like 70% thrown at me regarding how many did not participate. A large number of the staffers on-hand were made up of unpaid volunteers
yep... that's a shit show waiting to happen.

Astarte

Final Round was really really fun!
Unfortunately that was offset by my friends dragging my ass out at like 8 am only to find out that the pools were fucked beyond repair.

jbug617

Banned
Via Twitter
Here is the flyers Jebailey was handing out at FR. I guess he didn't even ask Larry if he could do that.
CeNAalLUYAI-4h1.jpg

I just want it to be the weekend again so I can watch some NCR.

Lol at the salt Sonicfox produces

The argument is dumb. It's been twisted by both haters and people sucking his dick. The original argument was whether or not he would dominate SFV like he would MK or the other games. The answer is still no. There is just too much competition in SFV. Not even the best SF player can win as consistently as Sonicfox wins in MK. The last one to do it was Infiltration in 2012?

Tripon

I don't think it was an issue until Jebailey put people on blast. This is what I was saying that people will look for anything to blast Jebailey with whit whatever they had

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I don't think it was an issue until Jebailey put people on blast. This is what I was saying that people will look for anything to blast Jebailey with whit whatever they had

No, Larry and other staff were upset about it early on (I was present) because they had a no soliciting rule in place that was publicized pretty well.

It's not even the slightest bit relevant and kind of petty to bring up now, though.

DunpealD

Cross post from the SFV OT since that thread moves fast:

Nope, no effect on parry. Only on hand based attacks.
Tbh. that irked me a little bit too. Having commentators on with insufficient amount of knowledge and lack of presence of the SFV Bible to read up on things.

So I guess I'm right? Not much of a read but still

Divert attention from the problem by making everyone think it was a personal blowup

Quick summary of some stuff I caught here and there. Maybe others can fill in some gaps.

Preface: JamesMK is a terrible interviewer.

Larry was disappointed that Jebailey didn't say it from face to face.
He admitted that "grow" wasn't an issue but planning.
Problems with volunteers.
Apologized for problems.
Talking about emergency regs.

In between a lot of sidetracking, ranging from Jebailey handing out CEO flyers and Skisonic being a terrible commentator and supposedly not knowing that Claw is no longer a charge character.

Imo, I was pretty disappointed since he did not touch a lot on how he wants to change things up to make it better. Especially chronic problems that has been plagueing it reportedly.

EDIT:
Why do you even need to hand out fliers for CEO?

Does anyone at Final Round actually not know CEO is a thing?

Because FR was the first premier event with a lot of fresh blood. Who maybe aren't privy to the obvious stuff we know like other future events.

Why do you even need to hand out fliers for CEO?

Does anyone at Final Round actually not know CEO is a thing?

Of course. New people coming to their first tournament aren't guaranteed to know every tournament happening. And if they can make it to Final Round, they might be able to make it to CEO as well.

Zissou

Nope, no effect on parry. Only on hand based attacks.
Tbh. that irked me a little bit too. Having commentators on with insufficient amount of knowledge and lack of presence of the SFV Bible to read up on things.

That's what I thought- I'd tested it training mode myself (with the Dummy's guard recovery action set to v-skill) and regardless of whether Ryu was in v-trigger, block strings with 1 or 2 frame gaps hit him out of parry start-up regardless.

No, Larry and other staff were upset about it early on (I was present) because they had a no soliciting rule in place that was publicized pretty well.

It's not even the slightest bit relevant and kind of petty to bring up now, though.

Would FR have allowed it if Jebailey asked? There was already some animosity, right?

Tizoc

Current total sales of Pokken Wii U-
01./00. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - 69.675 / NEW
Not bad considering it supposedly has lackluster single player content.

Beats

01./00. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - 69.675 / NEW

Not really sure if that's good or bad.

It's good for a fighting game because only other licensed stuff like DFC does those numbers. I am sure someone will bring up Blazblue again, but the last big release was a while ago.

Kumubou

Man Nitro+ Blazters and Koihime Enbu didn't even chart high enough to get units sold listed. Ahahaha, wow that is kind of sad.
If I remember correctly, they both did have sales numbers for release week but they were both in the low thousands, something like 5k for N+B and 3k for Koihime. Can't cross-check that against the Famitsu/Media Create sales archives right now, though (as I am at work).

Beckx

General state of first week sales for fighting games in Japan:

Fighting games in Japan:

04./00. [PS3] Ultra Street Fighter IV # <FTG> (Capcom) {2014.08.07} (¥4.309) - 42.327 / NEW
01./00. [PS3] Persona 4: Arena Ultimax # <FTG> (Atlus) {2014.08.28} (¥7.538) - 89.468 / NEW
01./00. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776) - 227.527 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} (¥7.538) - 27.278 / NEW
04./00. [PS4] Street Fighter V # <FTG> (Capcom) {2016.02.18} (¥7.990) - 41.990 / NEW

----------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom