• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Looks like due to the timing of some things, I won't be able to anything about Final Round atm, but stay tuned later for maybe something. With that out the way though, I'll be doing a timely and more in depth view of top SFV matches at NCR, and maybe even some other games :3

Thanks for the encouragement, things don't always work out, but it is going to happen for NCR and I'm going to try and make it awesome :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is Rei the only person at Justins? GO1 isn't going to NCR? I wonder if Champ is going to have Bonchan and the rest of those guys over tonight or something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL. Marn is trying to get Rei to play versus with him but he keeps playing with Art. "Fuck Arturo" -Marn 2016

Couple examples of Ryu trade combos I'm messing with:

Trade HP Shoryuken

Trade LP Fireball

You'll have to figure out the best frametraps and situations for yourselves, but it's definitely good to know what you can get off trades.

I still recommend using bHK for the majority of your frametraps, though. Much safer and you get cHP links on counterhit.

shaowebb

nothing wrong with having a private discord for you and your friends but announcing it to the world was so stupid of Art.

Heh. Reminds me of "The Bane Council" over on TYM. Eventually the group got talked about so much it had a bad rap for being secretive and "keeping tech hidden". Thing was, folks were always releasing whatever tech they found. Most of the time the thread was used to test shit to keep disinformation at minimum on boards and the rest of the time that group was spending just screwing around.

I doubt most fighting game "secret clubs" turn into anything much more than that honestly.

Anne

Heh. Reminds me of "The Bane Council" over on TYM. Eventually the group got talked about so much it had a bad rap for being secretive and "keeping tech hidden". Thing was, folks were always releasing whatever tech they found. Most of the time the thread was used to test shit to keep disinformation at minimum on boards and the rest of the time that group was spending just screwing around.

I doubt most fighting game "secret clubs" turn into anything much more than that honestly.

If only you knew lol

I imagine it's exactly like Eyes Wide Shut. Then they ask you specific questions about some tech and you have that Tom Cruise moment.

All this does is make me want Urien out in SFV now.

edit: Nevermind. I forgot he's a gorilla this time like Alex.

God's Beard!";199038922]Couple examples of Ryu trade combos I'm messing with: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckn3XJcU0NU said:
Trade HP Shoryuken[/URL]

Trade LP Fireball

You'll have to figure out the best frametraps and situations for yourselves, but it's definitely good to know what you can get off trades.

I still recommend using bHK for the majority of your frametraps, though. Much safer and you get cHP links on counterhit.

Is this for better conversions than jabs or mk? Seems awfully risky to try as a frame trap

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
25990311866_2b78b273eb_o.gif

kirblar

You have to keep the membership invite-only, because there's too many idiots, and there's not a decent open forum to host it anyway.

One thing that I liked about Final Round was the set up they had for the main stage. The arcade cabinet-like setup. Thought it was a great touch and I hope more events do that.

God's Beard!";199055198][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G835WUUI2EA said:
more trade fireball combo examples.[/URL]

By my estimates you're about +10 after a trade fireball. So you can do stuff like sHK vtc super or a LK Tatsu(super won't reach midscreen, though). in the corner you get whatever you want basically.

basically just to show your options in trade situations.

Wouldn't throwing a fireball that close be punishable on block?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People really are not interested in Pokken. The OT for it is pretty pathetic in terms of number of posts for a game with the Pokemon brand.

vocab

People really are not interested in Pokken. The OT for it is pretty pathetic in terms of number of posts for a game with the Pokemon brand.

Looks okay despite not knowing the mechanics. Would never buy a wii u for thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom