• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

LoR5FyG.jpg

Beckx

y'all this is how sports works, you get hype articles about things that could happen and people who could be good

don't hate, laugh at it later when it's not true, that's the fun!

BiggNife

Honestly I think using the pokken name instead of just Pokémon Fighters was a mistake. Pokken actually plays nothing like Tekken. It's much more accessible to fighting game newcomers and plays way more like a mix of Naruto UNS and DOA5.

Combos/juggles don't matter nearly as much as just having a grasp on the rock-paper-scissors mechanics.

Sorry friend. Even the disrespect is in here.

*tosses him a drink*

That super bowl is coming one day. We'll find someone to replace Marino

Eh, pimping more of my own stuff, just personal feelings on Avyd. Should be stuff you guys already know.

https://twitter.com/AnneP4U/status/713403741068730368

Great read. You made a good point that a random company showing up and saying "we're hosting a tourney for 100k" without saying anything else or at the least even talking about who they are is a really bad look. If they were even somewhat educated about the FGC when it comes to money and tournaments they should've known how that would look.

With that being said, considering the TO's associated with it, I wanna believe that their intentions are genuine and everything can go as planned, but I hope we hear more from them real soon.

would've replied in the discord but it probably would've been kinda weird considering the convo

.la1n

Honestly I think using the pokken name instead of just Pokémon Fighters was a mistake. Pokken actually plays nothing like Tekken. It's much more accessible to fighting game newcomers and plays way more like a mix of Naruto UNS and DOA5.

Combos/juggles don't matter nearly as much as just having a grasp on the rock-paper-scissors mechanics.

I know the name had me exited as a Tekken player until I saw the first footage when it was obvious it was going to play nothing like Tekken.

Ferrio

Banned
Isn't this like an official capcom cup tourny? You think there'd be a standard set of rules of how a bracket is suppose to be setup. Or is this that set of rules?

Isn't this like an official capcom cup tourny? You think there'd be a standard set of rules of how a bracket is suppose to be setup. Or is this that set of rules?

I feel like every tournament is all over the place. Which is fine, but if it's for Capcom Cup, there should be standards that are set.

jbug617

Banned
Death Bracket is there for the people who registered at the venue. They go in their own bracket so the TO doesn't have to mess up the brackets already made for people who prereg. Winner of the Death Bracket ends up playing the #1 seed (Infiltration).

Anne

do we even know what they do as a company yet, other than have SERVICES and A PLATFORM for uh...something?

I'm under the impression they're an event hosting and LAN support type deal, but that's an impression. The company has not put forth anything regarding the services or products they provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom