• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Elixir Game Bar is opening in a couple weeks near the Osaka Shinsaibashi Station.

Been following these things for a couple months now and I'm really curious as to their success. They've been getting names to come out, but the question is can they do it consistently with more people and without issue compare to a game center.

CeWGKD2UIAA3IuO.jpg
CeWGKD3VAAAtF7U.jpg

But why? If RQing is the same consequences as losing and they just quit at the end of the match, who cares? You're still getting your LP/FM/exp and they're still losing their LP.

This also helps the case in which accidently disconnecting from a match only counts as a loss instead of some big mark on your record where you're getting punished super hard for it.

Repeating convos from 4 months ago that were taking place during BETA.

If you RQ or DC one match, you should lose your points. If it continues there should be increased punishment.

Since BETA up until now DC'ing is not a common thing in Ranked. It probably accounts for less than 1% of people's matches. RQing is much more common.

If you continue to RQ or DC you should not be playing online, so implement a system that punishes it. I don't want to waste my time playing against someone who quits early or DCs. Again, if you DC enough that you are in fear of losing your points you should not be playing online. The servers seem stable enough that DC'ing is a non-issue for majority of players.

El Sloth

Banned
Skullgirls community crowdfunded three players to make it out to Combo Breaker: https://www.gofundme.com/SendTheWorldCB2016

Pretty cool. They're trying to raise enough to send a fourth player out now. Combo Breaker looking to be a pretty great SG tourney. Hope the dudes who get flown out make Top 8. Would be nice if an international player could make it all the way to grand finals too!

I used to follow the dota 2 competitive scene very closely and I can attest that the only way to truly become an e-sport is to have a betting controversy. Dota 2 had it's 322, Fighting Games will get it's own thing.

Repeating convos from 4 months ago that were taking place during BETA.

If you RQ or DC one match, you should lose your points. If it continues there should be increased punishment.

Since BETA up until now DC'ing is not a common thing in Ranked. It probably accounts for less than 1% of people's matches. RQing is much more common.

If you continue to RQ or DC you should not be playing online, so implement a system that punishes it. I don't want to waste my time playing against someone who quits early or DCs. Again, if you DC enough that you are in fear of losing your points you should not be playing online. The servers seem stable enough that DC'ing is a non-issue for majority of players.

This isn't a conversation i feel like having anymore, but I'm not sure you understand what I meant.

Assuming Capcom hypothetically patches in a function that treats RQing/disconnecting the same as a loss and the player that didn't DC is awarded with the win/points, who cares if the opponent RQs when they're getting beat. All it would do is just end the match a few seconds earlier.

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the "DC enough that you fear losing your points" either when DCing/RQing leads to them losing LP in the argument I was trying to make. KI's jail system and MK's quitality system is cute, but docking the points equivalent to a loss is enough.

If you want to argue the ethical reasons for quitting and trying to teach players that it's wrong to do, then go ahead, but I couldn't give less of a shit if every person that I was beating badly RQ'd on me as long as I'd still get the win (with the FM/exp/LP) and they still got the loss (losing LP equivalent to a loss and any winstreak).

Edit: that being said, if Capcom wants to make this whole elaborate RQ system, they can go ahead. But considering Capcom's aiming to do the bare minimum with most of the features of this game, at the least they should implement the system I mentioned so people can stop complaining about losing their FM and LP in ranked.

shaowebb

God damn Luong and Nelson look great in KOF 14. Can't wait to play them. Nelson looks like a boxer I can really get into. Left right mixups and power shots? Oh hells yes.

Daigo will have Dashio and Gonta as his guests tomorrow. So if you want to see some sick Laura play tune in to the stream. Jiyuna also mentioned that he will break down how to fight against Nash.

If you want to argue the ethical reasons for quitting and trying to teach players that it's wrong to do, then go ahead, but I couldn't give less of a shit if every person that I was beating badly RQ'd on me as long as I'd still get the win (with the FM/exp/LP) and they still got the loss (losing LP equivalent to a loss and any winstreak).

For myself I play ranked for a challenge, learning matchups and tested my tricks/gimmicks/strats in ranked mode. For the most part people don't do dumb risky shit in ranked compared to a set in lounge (or at least they don't consistently get away with it and make it to Gold).

As soon as something is on the line it brings in a little more viable play, if you add more severe punishment for repeat RQ'ers and repeat DC'ers then it gives it even a little more 'umph', a bigger element of 'realness', that if you're joining ranked then join to play. I'm on the side of it being more strict similar to CS:GO where if you abandon a match you get a matchmaking cooldown etc.

Again I'm looking for good matchups in ranked and I don't care about points. The ranked system is just a mechanism to find those matches with higher level players. I don't want people RQing or DCing against me in ranked or lounges (points or no points). That is not the game experience I'm looking for. I want real matches. I actually stopped playing ranked because of RQ'ers and been having more fun and learning shit in lounges against gaffers.

If someone joins ranked and wants to collect points and they don't care too much about creating the best online experience possible (it's not a perfect world) then I can see how they might be okay with RQ'ers losing points and move on. Yes, any fix is better than what's currently in place though!

Tripon

So what's with this Chris G and DoAX3 meme I've been seeing on Twitter?
Somebody anwsered earlier. Chris G doesn't have Sakura in SFV, so he traveled to Zack Island go find a new young girl main. That's why all the photos have Marie Rose with Chris G.

Apparently, it was the Japanese Marvel FGC that started this meme.

vocab

Somebody anwsered earlier. Chris G doesn't have Sakura in SFV, so he traveled to Zack Island go find a new young girl main. That's why all the photos have Marie Rose with Chris G.

Apparently, it was the Japanese Marvel FGC that started this meme.

Dumbest meme I have ever heard.

Kalamari

Aris was complaining about the flu yesterday I remember. There is a nasty cold going around too, it was so bad that my upper molars hurt.

pixelish

remember during capcom cup i posted a couple of screencaps of bet365 odds for the first round matches? some of them were overvalued and i know a couple of posters took advantage of it and bet on the supposed underdogs (and won of course).

i hope the bookies are as clueless as last time

vulva

remember during capcom cup i posted a couple of screencaps of bet365 odds for the first round matches? some of them were overvalued and i know a couple of posters took advantage of it and bet on the supposed underdogs (and won of course).

i hope the bookies are as clueless as last time
;)

Kusano123

Neo Member
Previous posts about character design (personal opinion of course):

- Arc and following anime trends
- Why Xrd fall short with redesigns and new characters
- How FrenchBread mixes effective design with trendy things
- Comparing Hyde with Ragna and Sol design effectiveness
- The changes applied to Millia from XX to Xrd
- Same for Potemkin

I'll write something about KOF later.

Edit : you should read this article by Art Eater about what makes KOF characters so amazing. Watch a trailer right after and you'll probably start having an idea of the problem.

What do you think of Raven's latest design? Same feelings towards the new art direction?

I wish he still had his mask. : /

Previous posts about character design (personal opinion of course):

- Arc and following anime trends
- Why Xrd fall short with redesigns and new characters
- How FrenchBread mixes effective design with trendy things
- Comparing Hyde with Ragna and Sol design effectiveness
- The changes applied to Millia from XX to Xrd
- Same for Potemkin

I'll write something about KOF later.

Edit : you should read this article by Art Eater about what makes KOF characters so amazing. Watch a trailer right after and you'll probably start having an idea of the problem.
Man I dont think I agree with you on....anything. Except for Xrd potemkin. Xrd potemkin sucks. Xrd Millia is amazing (sans hat)

no new character hint. Maybe act 3 really won't have one. Just need this out already so we can hopefully start seeing console news

Seyavesh

i am going to go insane trying to get st.c->stomp for kim in kof 98
i did not expect at all that stomp gtlich into run st.c is the easy part of his bnb

so I tried out the new dead or alive character. She may be the most beginner friendly character in the history of fighting games

these are standard combos for her
KKKKKKKK
->KKKKKKK

they are even fast and mix up a bit so they arent super easy to hold

More optimal combos like
->KKKKP K->KK are still really easy to do

The only thing I'm finding tricky is her power blow combo timing

For myself I play ranked for a challenge, learning matchups and tested my tricks/gimmicks/strats in ranked mode. For the most part people don't do dumb risky shit in ranked compared to a set in lounge (or at least they don't consistently get away with it and make it to Gold).
Ranked is the embodiment of matches with risky / gimmicky shit because of its 'best of 1' nature going off of personal experience, even as far as Super Gold. There's an abundance of auto-pilot players compared to Battle Lounges.

Enforcing a Best of 3 structure from the start would've been great, but oh well.

Beats

I assumed it would beat SFV in NPD, but now I'm not so sure.

I don't think looking at NeoGaf OT activity is a great way to get a feel of the general level of interest in a game or how something is doing sales wise. The recently released Naruto game only has a little over 1000 posts in the OT, but it's doing pretty well sales wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom