• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of Raven's latest design? Same feelings towards the new art direction?

I wish he still had his mask. : /

Same here. What I liked about him was the kind of impressive/frightenning statue aspect he had with his cracked face. He gave the feeling of being a stoic dangerous thing which was working very well since he's supposed to be the last lieutenant of that man.

They went for the psychotic/sadistic archetype for him (Terumi type) and used crows related imagery. It feels kinda lame/déjà vu but one thing you can't blame about Arc is how they are very good at using an archetype when they use one. As a result Raven is very well done both in animation, imagery with very good ideas (like the egg shape when he guards). I really like looking at him, I'm just disappointed it's Raven to be honest. :p

Man I dont think I agree with you on....anything. Except for Xrd potemkin. Xrd potemkin sucks. Xrd Millia is amazing (sans hat)

That's just my opinion and my tastes of course. Some things are facts (like the Ragna sprite thing being hard to read) but my goal isn't to fire shots at people liking what I don't like. :)

Beckx

Looks like we won't be seeing the X-Men in any videogames again. Ever.

oh, man. you kids are too young to remember but there was this character called Superman, and he was popular, but then DC killed him off, and that was it. No more comics, movies, or videogames or anything.

Didn't they already kill most of X-Men merch in their attempt to get the movies license back from Fox?
I don't pay attention because I know nothing Marvel does is permanent when it comes to major characters. It all comes back eventually and returns to the status quo. Creatively bankrupt company.

Sayad

I don't pay attention because I know nothing Marvel does is permanent when it comes to major characters. It all comes back eventually and returns to the status quo. Creatively bankrupt company.
Oh they do, what's happening is of course temporary, they're doing everything they could to devalue the X-Men IP in an attempt to get it back from Fox. That doesn't seem like it would happen any time soon though.

Tripon

SjrH4Iq.jpg

KoF 98 design the best.

Tripon

No more SF4 today?

Yes. A bunch of players didn't show up and got DQed for SF4. Just looking at the pools result, Infiltration, and Snake eyes to name a few. This is what happens to a game in transition from being THE GAME to a game that isn't the main focus.

Same here. What I liked about him was the kind of impressive/frightenning statue aspect he had with his cracked face. He gave the feeling of being a stoic dangerous thing which was working very well since he's supposed to be the last lieutenant of that man.

They went for the psychotic/sadistic archetype for him (Terumi type) and used crows related imagery. It feels kinda lame/déjà vu but one thing you can't blame about Arc is how they are very good at using an archetype when they use one. As a result Raven is very well done both in animation, imagery with very good ideas (like the egg shape when he guards). I really like looking at him, I'm just disappointed it's Raven to be honest. :p

That's just my opinion and my tastes of course. Some things are facts (like the Ragna sprite thing being hard to read) but my goal isn't to fire shots at people liking what I don't like. :)
Agreed on his mask. Who did you want over Raven? Once Testament is in, the game will have everyone I care about.

98 Athena is the best. 2003 is the worst. Her just wearing a generic school girl uniform with the typical colors in the last few games is lame.

.la1n

98 Athena is the best. 2003 is the worst. Her just wearing a generic school girl uniform with the typical colors in the last few games is lame.

98 Athena is probably one of my favorite female character designs in a fighter. I don't particularly despise the new one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom