• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zissou

i have this game for about 3 years now and i still can't even complete hardest (best time around 40 seconds). my reflex is booty :(

I feel like beating hardest is the biggest bump in the road to completing the game. For me at least, I was able to train my brain for a given difficulty by going up to the next difficulty level for a while, so that when I went back to the easier one, it seemed like slow motion, relatively speaking. This is not an option for hardest, which makes it tough!

I just looked this game up...how is that even possible? When it zips back in reverse, I can hardly even see what's going on until after it happens.

The 'level' is randomly generated, but there are recognizable 'chunks' that kind of have a canned way of dealing with them, so once you recognize all the possible chunks, you can do a given chunk pretty easily and dedicate the more of your brain to looking at the edges of the screen to get ready for what's next.

The game is really an exercise in forcing your attention to be simultaneously specific (navigating the arrow moment-to-moment) and general (you must be taking in the whole screen all the time so you are ready for what's coming).

Can't even look at super hexagon for more than a few seconds. :|

Due to the crazy visuals? or for some other reason?

.la1n

I think it's more like people aren't interested in just Daigo's tech corner, they were expecting the excellent adventures of umehara

Yeah I would prefer a more natural, less staged broadcast from Daigo. The guy can pretty damn hilarious in person so I know he has it in him.

Sayad

Best Millia redesign:
vjpBKyd.png

Being a low-tier hero he immediately gravitated to waifu-mon.
Gardevoir?!

Rocwell

if it was broadcast on network tv, daigo beast tv will be on the verge of cancellation :eek:

http://kakuge-checker.com/contents/logs/?sid=2692
That stream has problems. The dual audio situation is clunky as hell. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely appreciative that they have someone there translating live in English at all, but it really kills the flow when they talk for five minutes and everything grinds to a halt while they wait for Jiyuna to catch up.

I dunno if the stream chat was trolling but I guess people were telling Jiyuna to not translate until they were finished speaking? If Jiyuna is capable of doing live translation like that they should work out a better solution where he's not a distraction to them and they can improve the pace of the stream. As it is now it's a drag for both English and Japanese speakers.

Obviously choosing to have the show on Fridays during the start of tournament season is going to have an effect on viewers if they have to choose between Daigo and a CPT event. Sorry Daigo I love you but I'll catch the archive.

Other than that I like the format of the show. I like the inside look at Daigo's analytical process, and the dollar store cosplay stuff has been hilarious.

That stream has problems. The dual audio situation is clunky as hell. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely appreciative that they have someone there translating live in English at all, but it really kills the flow when they talk for five minutes and everything grinds to a halt while they wait for Jiyuna to catch up.

I dunno if the stream chat was trolling but I guess people were telling Jiyuna to not translate until they were finished speaking? If Jiyuna is capable of doing live translation like that they should work out a better solution where he's not a distraction to them and they can improve the pace of the stream. As it is now it's a drag for both English and Japanese speakers.

Obviously choosing to have the show on Fridays during the start of tournament season is going to have an effect on viewers if they have to choose between Daigo and a CPT event. Sorry Daigo I love you but I'll catch the archive.

Other than that I like the format of the show. I like the inside look at Daigo's analytical process, and the dollar store cosplay stuff has been hilarious.

They had it like that in the beginning where jiyuna would translate after they finished, but for some reason they switched to dual audio. I think it's passable but not the best solution

galvenize

Yeah I would prefer a more natural, less staged broadcast from Daigo. The guy can pretty damn hilarious in person so I know he has it in him.

Watching him body people online in his room with an expressionless face would be more interesting to me. Chat will go PogChamp whenever he does react to something.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Surprised Art isn't at NCR.

I wanted to go to NCR after I lost at Final Round, but I didn't plan for it leading up to the event. Booking a ticket at $550~+ the sunday of final round wasn't something that I could justify either. I'd probably be spending a good $800 to 1k to be there in Cali for a weekend, when KSB2016 is coming..I could really use those funds for stream gear for KSB.

I wish NCR and Final Round were not the week after each other..

I wanted to go to NCR after I lost at Final Round, but I didn't plan for it leading up to the event. Booking a ticket at $550~+ the sunday of final round wasn't something that I could justify either. I'd probably be spending a good $800 to 1k to be there in Cali for a weekend, when KSB2016 is coming..I could really use those funds for stream gear for KSB.

Yo Art try to get on Beast TV when your in Japan.

jbug617

Banned

Really looking forward to watching KSB.

Anne

So Avyd actually got back to me on twitter. They're still providing the sponsor benefits NCR signed up for. Rick said it was things like staff shirts, lanyards, money, etc. They're just pulling out of the event,

It's cool that NCR is still receiving all the benefits, I'm still just like hella spooked and not happy with this announcement.

Shouta

Most of us wish NCR and FR weren't a week after each other. D=

So Avyd actually got back to me on twitter. They're still providing the sponsor benefits NCR signed up for. Rick said it was things like staff shirts, lanyards, money, etc. They're just pulling out of the event,

It's cool that NCR is still receiving all the benefits, I'm still just like hella spooked and not happy with this announcement.

I'm not surprised Capcom went and said, "Nope" on all of this.

Tripon

My guess the venue is probably not that big and probably a better tournament experience for the players and staff.

No, I mean, most tournaments usually use the power of 2 to determine bracket size.

2, 4, 8, 16, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1028, etc.

320 is odd. I'm guessing 320-64 = 256. So 64 first round byes?

I mean, what games would the avyd tournament be allowed to run, since they evidently didn't ask any of the publishers about it?

I don't think MKX or KI or Smash would be on the table either, unless I'm misunderstanding why Capcom shut that shit down

Anne

Weird, I deleted some of my post. They're just pulling out of the qual part of the event is what it meant to read. Not backing them up on whatever happened, just don't want to say anything that would be a lie on my end.

CurlyW

They're still a sponsor, NCR is just no longer a qualifier for SFV.

Still, they need to work on their phrasing of stuff like this.

jbug617

Banned
I mean, what games would the avyd tournament be allowed to run, since they evidently didn't ask any of the publishers about it?

I don't think MKX or KI or Smash would be on the table either, unless I'm misunderstanding why Capcom shut that shit down

I don't know but Jebailey is still down with Avyd. Not sure where the other TOs stand

CurlyW

My guess is Capcom doesn't want Avyd to run events for SFV for the same reason they never let MLG run events for SF4.

I don't know but Jebailey is still down with Avyd. Not sure where the other TOs stand

I think they're all still on board. Avyd did come through with the sponsorship money for NCR in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom