• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

My guess is Capcom doesn't want Avyd to run events for SFV for the same reason they never let MLG run events for SF4.

This. I hope people on the inside of this thing are okay though. I'm not trying to pick on Avyd for fun, I'm legit worried about everybody involved, and what impact it could have on the scene :T

.la1n

I don't think I can honestly handle years of training stage again.

1350929100875.jpg

I'm guessing that its 16 pools of 20. Basically like NCR I don't think they're concerned about limiting each pool to 16 players like we're all so use to now. It could have been 256 but they probably wanted to hit 300+(which is honestly a number that few tournaments have hit) and get the extra income that comes with it if possible. That does mean byes but so be it.

.la1n

Iron Galaxy doing what Capcom can't.

The PC release of KI looks like it's also going a long way toward redeeming themselves over the shitshow that was the Batman: Arkham Knight port.

Well, to be fair they weren't given enough time on the Batman port and WB wanted it out anyway. Although we could argue whether it's ethical to accept a port job you know you don't have enough time to complete at a satisfactory level.

Well, to be fair they weren't given enough time on the Batman port and WB wanted it out anyway. Although we could argue whether it's ethical to accept a port job you know you don't have enough time to complete at a satisfactory level.

the behavior of companies around the whole thing made it more egregious than just bad porting. Shit like Nvidia speeding up game footage in order to pretend it runs at 60fps

CurlyW

NCR is able to run death pools because they only have 3 games. I don't know how events with more games are going to implement it in a consistent way.

I also don't know what happens in a situation where nobody or few people do on-site registration. If only two people had registered, do they just get a free ride into Top 32? I don't think this method is going to get the desired effect at events that aren't CPT Premier.

Tripon

NCR is able to run death pools because they only have 3 games. I don't know how events with more games are going to implement it in a consistent way.

I also don't know what happens in a situation where nobody or few people do on-site registration. If only two people had registered, do they just get a free ride into Top 32? I don't think this method is going to get the desired effect at events that aren't CPT Premier.
I would think you eventually have to introduce a rule where players can only enter 2 or 3 games.

VariantX

the behavior of companies around the whole thing made it more egregious than just bad porting. Shit like Nvidia speeding up game footage in order to pretend it runs at 60fps

Felt like they got off way too lightly for that. Especially when people with high end systems couldn't do what that video showed.

About as eyebrow raising as gta commercials being 60 when no consumer version exists that can run the game at 60 yet

.la1n

I don't know why more tournaments haven't implemented no pre reg no entry rules. The population is there now that there shouldn't be a need to rely on the on site registration for income. We are talking about grown ass adults, it's not asking too much to pre register for events.

Cef2gMQXIAAaYxO.jpg

https://twitter.com/SalmonDelicious/status/713810117330755584

Let's take NCR. The fees to late reg NCR was at least $70 ($70 was the standard reg fee this year). There was 52 players for the Death Pool. That's an extra $3640 in reg fees that you wouldn't see otherwise if you didn't allow late reg.

I don't know if you can say no to another $3600 if you can get it.

that's assuming those players wouldn't have registered early if you disallowed late registration

NEO0MJ

Is there really a reason to only pick training stage?! It's not like it's safe from frame drops!

Still better than to have them semi-frequently. I wonder why they take such a tole on the system, not like they're groundbreaking graphically.

X.X fell down 30 mins ago. Had to call a friend to help me up. Im fucked for a week now physically bleh. fml

Hope you get better soon, brah. I guess you're going to have to drop fighting games for a bit?

Sayad

Stay strong, Q.

Still better than to have them semi-frequently. I wonder why they take such a tole on the system, not like they're groundbreaking graphically.
There's no list of how often they happen in each stage, but there are few worse offenders. Though if it's happening even in the empty training stage then it's not just a problem with stage graphics.

Man, it feels like we wont get a full scoop of how bad SFV launch is until someone from the inside feel comfortable talking about it few years down the line.

NEO0MJ

Maybe it's that new game luster but I'm really feeling Pokkén. Having a lot of fun messing with the characters and experimenting with what they can do. Still don't have a good grasp on the support system but I feel that's always been a problem for me.

shaowebb

I'm ok everyone, thanks.

That's why Wii u is nice :p

And yes pokken is super fun

I'm glad to hear you're okay man. Hang in there. Tell you what bro, I want you to have a good time on me to make up for the shitty one you had when you fell. I've been gone a lot due to work and we hardly get to chat much because things got busy for me for the past month and a half at work.

Name any fighting game you dont own for your PS4 that's out. Its yours.

NEO0MJ

That's why Wii u is nice :p

And yes pokken is super fun

What'cha playin' on the U?

And one thing I really appreciate about Pokkén coming off SF V is the online. Not having to wait like ten minutes if not more for a match with a terrible connection is a godsend. What's most impressive about it for me is that despite where I live I still get good matches, even over wi-fi.

Name any fighting game you dont own for your PS4 that's out. Its yours.

Pretty sure Q collected them all by now :p

Well, except maybe MK XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom