• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a review for SFV but I am not sure if the site is legit on GAF. They hlgave it 9/10 only docking points for lack of content (which the writer went of their way to say will be coming soon) and simpler combat/fewer combo options.

Did this reviewer give SF4 a 10/10?

Because docking points for lack of content, simpler combat and fewer combo options, and yet SFV still gets a 9/10?

Seems weird.

I found a review for SFV but I am not sure if the site is legit on GAF. They hlgave it 9/10 only docking points for lack of content (which the writer went of their way to say will be coming soon) and simpler combat/fewer combo options.
LOL.

"Focus Attacks removed, -1 point. Otherwise perfect."

Finally hit 1000 PP for the first time in USF4 and I managed to do it with Hugo. I can finally retire from playing ranked in this game.

Edit: I forgot about Nash too in my previous post. He's looks really cool.

Dahbomb

Birdie redesign is hot garbage all around.

Ken redesign is ok minus the face and hair. He looks cool when fighting but the close ups aren't flattering.

Chun Li, Ryu, Bison, Vega, R Mika weren't visually altered too much although they made a lot of changes to these characters mechanically especially Bison.

Dhalsim and Nash got dope redesigns for sure.

Moaradin

The way Birdie animates is some of the best in the entire game. Didn't know anyone hated him lol

imo

Birdie redesign is great and it's the best he's ever looked
Dhalsim is the best he's ever looked
Nash is pretty good
Ken is pretty good minus the face and hair
Bison is the best he's ever been. Both his minor redesign and the way he plays. How can you see his menacing ass walk and not love him lol

The other returning characters are pretty minor but mostly all positive changes.

Bizazedo

It pains me to agree with ZTS, but....I preferred old Birdie. I don't like fat Birdie.

But, Bison is my main and looks fucking amazing, so :).

Sayad

I like Birdie's redesign, but I'm someone who didn't like it before this game. He's a much better "designed to be off putting" character than Rufus, not a high bar, mind you.

Vega got a puffy blouse? 9/10! Brilliance! Makes up for all the lack of content & problems.

Let me make it clear. It's fine to like a few or all of the redesigns but "brilliant" is a very strong word. I would not call them brilliant.

jerry1594

People thought FANG was stupid as well and he's probably my favorite newcomer lol
Funny you say that because for looking like the most goofy and grotesque character in the game he's also my favorite newcomer. The accomplished what they set out to do with him well aesthetically.

Just got back from an hour of walking outside in the cold. Stupid bank machine wouldn't take some of my bills so I had to walk an extra thirteen blocks to finish depositing money for SFV. Now we wait for the barebone review scores to drop.
Vega got a puffy blouse? 9/10! Brilliance! Makes up for all the lack of content & problems.
It would be the exact opposite for me. Vega, Zangief and Dhalsim crushed my dream of seeing Alex and Urien in the starting roster.

I think Capcom did a good job with the characters in V. Changed a bit in appearance and gameplay. Not liking a single character's design is understandable though.

Dahbomb

I appreciate that Capcom retooled some very old characters. It keeps things fresh. Vega plays very different from his SF4 self, almost enough to be a different character completely.

Zissou

Fat Birdie is gross but he looked dumb in alpha, so it's not like they ruined something that people liked in the first place.

Marz

Yea i dont get why you guys dont like the fat character design. Rufus was done really well. Needs to be done more in fighting games imo. I would love a fat chick like the Bertha character in Boderlands.

A lot better than the millionth squealing generic anime chick with big tits design that you guys seem to be so fond of.

Yea i dont get why you guys dont like the fat character design. Rufus was done really well. Needs to be done more in fighting games imo. I would love a fat chick like the Bertha character in Boderlands.

A lot better than the millionth squealing generic anime chick with big tits design that you guys seem to be so fond of.
I'd prefer an old master woman (woman Gen).

Dahbomb

Don't put me in the same bracket as those people! You must have forgotten about how I popped off about Lucky Chloe in T7.

MechaX

FrankenNash looks stupid tho

nash-large.gif

Nash is love, no matter what.

Moaradin

K but i better not see people rip on Birdie and then praise Laura's super generic and mediocre design. At least Birdie has personality and is unique.

Same reason why people hate on FANG. If they aren't beautiful and have big ol titties then it's a bad character design I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom