• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Vega got a puffy blouse? 9/10! Brilliance! Makes up for all the lack of content & problems.

Let me make it clear. It's fine to like a few or all of the redesigns but "brilliant" is a very strong word. I would not call them brilliant.

Redesign means more than just visuals. Bison, Dhalsim, Ken (especially in comparison to Ryu) and Birdie are the ones that come to mind as being quite different from how they've played in the past.

MrDaravon

EVO isn't going to allow PS3 sticks or pads for SFV. Too much problems according to Wizard.

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/699085761908314112

From what I'm reading and seeing it sounds like it would wind up being a mess yeah. Barring Capcom either patching the game or doing something to make it easier. I'm completely ignorant on the issue, is it just not possible to make them work without having to have a PS4 controller on for both?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
uNVeA9P.png

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.

K.Sabot

We live in the era of constant patching, just look at USF4 on PS4.

That shit is gonna be fixed soon, and probably be re-allowed before EVO.

Birdie is a good design, has a lot of personality and is a solid reinterpretation of his old look. The only problem is his jacket clipping constantly, it bothers me even more than Laura's hair clipping through her shoulder. It seems like it would be an easy fix too.

Rufus is okay, but NO MORE BOB!!

Bob ruined everything for real.

Bob is actually okay, since he's just a Sammo Hung reference. Tekken has had a lot worse

vocab

Is there anything in the game Capcom hasn't botched? How you gonna do exactly what NRS did? Poor implementation. This company man.

Beats

From what I'm reading and seeing it sounds like it would wind up being a mess yeah. Barring Capcom either patching the game or doing something to make it easier. I'm completely ignorant on the issue, is it just not possible to make them work without having to have a PS4 controller on for both?

Well it is possible. For Skullgirls on PS4 you only need one DS4 to start the game and it doesn't matter if it's on/off after that. It's just plug and play for ps3 controllers as soon as you start the game too. Lab Zero gave Capcom guidelines concerning the implementation of the driver as well iirc.

I'm considering exchanging the Hori Fighting Edge for another stick that has default ps4 support. I need a stick to play Arc Systems games on, and neither GG or BB support ps3 sticks. If anyone has any offers... ^_^ 8 button stick with the start and select button preferably on the front and not on the top of the stick.

I will throw in a Hori FC4.

Moaradin

The only thing Aris is missing is constant "suck my dick!" audio track playing every other 5 mins.

Max's new sub system is pretty obnoxious.

It's genius though. The dude makes so much money because people sub just to hear dumb audio samples.

GorillaJu

Justin Wong's sub hype is awful too.

I'm blown away by the amount of money people throw at Max, and some of the sub messages are absolutely depressing. I hate seeing shit pop up with $100 donations like "just got my first paycheck in a while so wanted to throw some money at my favorite streamer! Shine on bro!"

I hope that paycheck was several dozens of multiples of that figure. It got too depressing, not to mention annoying to stomach.

Timed ps4 loading times after a couple of times:

10.12 "Another fight is coming your way" popup till next loading screen
08.05 Black loading screen till World Spinning
29.72 World Spinning with characters till your character intro animation is played
03.19 Time from into animation to Round 1 start
---------
51.08 seconds till you can press buttons

EDIT: Calculator didnt add one of the times

vocab

29.72 World Spinning with characters till your character intro animation is played
03.10 Time from into animation to Round 1 start
---------
43.75 seconds till you can press buttons

That's really bad. Possibly the slowest out of any current fighter.

Rocwell

Watching Alioune stream right now, dude is a training mode monster. Doing crazy Chun combos cancelling S. mp into ex fireball and doing Karin trade off her shoulder charge into combos.

hitsugi

03.10 Time from into animation to Round 1 start
---------
43.75 seconds till you can press buttons

Yeah.. I was a little surprised they couldn't trim this at all from the betas. Then again, if they FROM could trim Bloodborne's loading....

GorillaJu

Hopefully load times can be improved. Really hate long loads in fighting games. I miss those days when it was like 6 seconds between picking your character and ROUND 1. FIGHT!

Hopefully load times can be improved. Really hate long loads in fighting games. I miss those days when it was like 6 seconds between picking your character and ROUND 1. FIGHT!

SF4 on PS4 loads ridiculously quick. Even online it's super fast and I love it. Hopefully Capcom can cut down on some of those load times somewhere down the line.

I took times again and was still getting average of 51.10 seconds

However, this was using Count's non-SSD ps4.

if someone could provide times for a ps4 with an SSD it would be great (although im told it wouldnt change much)

Wallach

if someone could provide times for a ps4 with an SSD it would be great (although im told it wouldnt change much)

Given the game is going to have to wait for the opponent I don't imagine SSD is ever going to matter much. Maybe if you get matched to a PC opponent.

GorillaJu

Even if it's better with an SSD, 99% of people you face online wont have one so you'll have to wait for them to load.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Still too early to say how SFV will end up. The exhibition from weeks ago was entertaining. in the very least. Combofiend is very trustful so I believe he won't let the game turn into another SFXT.

Crocodile

@call_kotaku: I still have no idea what's going on with Sean in that pic that went into making your avatar. Is the black hole in his face supposed to be his mouth?

Also fat Birdie sucks though I appreciate his animations.

Coda

Still too early to say how SFV will end up. The exhibition from weeks ago was entertaining. in the very least. Combofiend is very trustful so I believe he won't let the game turn into another SFXT.

It's too classy to be another SFxT situation. Plus with the DLC and additional content I think Capcom has been making a lot better moves lately. Game will shine for quite a while.

Fat Birdie is gross but he looked dumb in alpha, so it's not like they ruined something that people liked in the first place.

Yup. Birdie looked stupid to me in the alpha games. Sodom too. I hope he gets a redesign if they ever bring him back. Guy as well.

I like how Birdie looks now. Gross and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom