• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

not sure if this was posted here but lol

tumblr_o4q1d5L0tE1qcqepho1_540.jpg

mbpm1

If they demo him on stage I want it be a match between Tokido and Justin with Tokido as Urien and Justin as Chun. When the round begins they will both back up and start whiffing normals.

That'd be cheesy for an on-stage thing but it'd be okay for a trailer.

Posted this in the SFV OT but posting it here too cause I'm so clever.

Hey Mike Ross, if you're reading this (which you should be) I have a great way for you to start this week's CPTalk.

Say this:

"Last week, we started Capcom Pro Talk fresh off the heels of a premier CPT event in which we saw two legends of street fighter, Tokido and Infiltration, battle it out in the Grand Finals where Infiltration won convincingly.

This week, we're starting Capcom Pro Talk fresh off the heels of a premier CPT event in which we saw two legends of Street Fighter, Tokido and Infiltration, battle it out in the Grand Finals where Infiltration won convincingly."

Posted this in the SFV OT but posting it here too cause I'm so clever.

Hey Mike Ross, if you're reading this (which you should be) I have a great way for you to start this week's CPTalk.

Say this:

"Last week, we started Capcom Pro Talk fresh off the heels of a premier CPT event in which we saw two legends of street fighter, Tokido and Infiltration, battle it out in the Grand Finals where Infiltration won convincingly.

This week, we're starting Capcom Pro Talk fresh off the heels of a premier CPT event in which we saw two legends of Street Fighter, Tokido and Infiltration, battle it out in the Grand Finals where Infiltration won convincingly."

Lol I wonder if the next event in May will be a three-peat

Bizarro13

Neo Member
http://michaelmartin.ninja/im-going-yahoo-esports/

Michael Martin, the guy who writes the Redbull Casuals articles featuring FGC people is moving to Yahoo.

RedBull was looking for a new FGC writer, so I assume they'll find somebody quick.

That's me. :)

They've already tweeted out they're looking. You might want to get in touch ASAP if you're interested. Fair warning, some pretty experienced people are looking into it. Not that it should dissuade you but I think the competition will be fierce. It's a pretty good freelance gig.

https://twitter.com/MrBitterTV/status/713806479124377600

You think EVO will do SFV all day Friday only? Or Saturday as well? I need to plan my flights.

Mr Wizard!

Not sure about the first couple of years but ever since 2011(when Marvel came out and was huge as well) I think SF4 has always been a Friday game. I figure SFV will pretty much just take SF4's place on Friday. That's just an guess though. It might still be a while till we get a schedule for EVO.

Tripon

Not sure about the first couple of years but ever since 2011(when Marvel came out and was huge as well) I think SF4 has always been a Friday game. I figure SFV will pretty much just take SF4's place on Friday. That's just an guess though. It might still be a while till we get a schedule for EVO.
How many systems do you think it'll take to cover 4000 people?

Yea, it's always been Friday. I was just wondering if they were gonna switch it up this year or if it will bleed into Saturday because of headcount. Wanna hit up summer league this year on Saturday, haha.

Is marvel even big enough anymore to warrant it being on a separate day away from street fighter? At this point SFV has more than 4 times as many entries as whatever Marvel got last year.

Kumubou

How many systems do you think it'll take to cover 4000 people?
4096 players would come out to exactly 256 pools of 16 players. Let's assume that they run from 8 AM to 10 PM (with 10 PM to Midnight being for overflow) -- they have eight two hour blocks to run everything in. However, 256 pools means you're filtering down to 512 players! So let's assume you need one set of pool blocks to run quarterfinals to semifinals (that's 32 pools, which is ridiculous for a quarterfinal bracket but here were are) and then they spend the last two (or more) hours playing out semifinals from top 64 to top 8.

So if you want to get all pool play done in 12 hours (representing six blocks of pools), you would need to run ~43 pools every two hours. They're probably going to plan for 50, because stuff breaks and bracket runners no-show. So if you plan on having 50 pools going at once, you need 100 setups on-site. Never mind the other games you have to run (and it's not like they're small games either -- even with flat growth, the Smash games are probably going to be >2k entrants, with MKXL and GGXrd:R bringing in around 1,000 each).

They could make do with a lot fewer setups if pools were split across two days, but then you would still need setups for MKXL and GGXrd.

Beckx

alex's hair in the character select

why, capcom, why?

i wonder if someone tasked the artists to draw food on the characters' heads it would come out like normal hair.

Yea, it's always been Friday. I was just wondering if they were gonna switch it up this year or if it will bleed into Saturday because of headcount. Wanna hit up summer league this year on Saturday, haha.

I didn't think about that, with the huge increase it might take up 2 days. But I still think they'll do pools all in one day. But I think they'll take a cue from Final Round and hold all of Semi-finals on Saturday until top 8. The problem with that is that SFV will again cannibalized the streams for the other games and I don't know if EVO wants that. So they might try to get more systems and just do it all in one day.

Regardless I think SFV will definitely start on Friday considering how large it is. They do not want any chances of it spilling over to Sunday if that's what they need to do to get it to top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom